Sent to the faculty listserv

Sent to the faculty listserv

Postby Samantha McManus » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:16 pm

To: listserv@faculty.xaviers.edu
Subject: Outside protest

We really do need to have one of our more technically inclined check out the crowd at the gates. They've either got a wi-fi jammer or a technopath among them. The former is illegal in public places in the UK, and the latter would be just bloody odd.

--Morrigan
Samantha McManus
Faculty

Re: Sent to the faculty listserv

Postby Domanic Taylor » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:32 pm

Subject: Re: Outside protest

That sounds a bit more organized than your typical protest. It could just be someone flexing a muscle they don't often get to use, but I'll have Security take a look at them.

-- Lumis
Domanic Taylor
Faculty

Postby Barbara Chronopolis » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:44 pm

Subject: Re: Outside Protest

I suspect the interference is technological rather than mutant oriented, but I will get closer to confirm that hypothesis. The opening of the school is hardly a surprise event, if there are enemies in the area they have had years in which to prepare and a certain level of paranoia seems prudent.

Binary
Barbara Chronopolis
Faculty

Postby Barbara Chronopolis » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:15 am

One of the protesters was indeed carrying a fairly broad-band jammer capable of disrupting wireless networks, both for data transfer and voice. That is moderately unusual for a simple protest, but the strangest is yet to come. For one, the apparent leader identified me by appearance. I tend to keep a low profile and it takes some serious digging to come up with an image of me or details of my abilities, but this man knew both. Also telling was the fact that his phone had no contact information in it; no names, numbers, photos, or text messages. Even the call history was either empty or had blocked numbers. This is a stark contrast to the other protesters, who have a typical range of contacts but none of them have the apparent leader's number in their phones. I would hypothesize that the rest of the group are either being paid to participate or are otherwise incidental to give the protest an air of legitimacy.

I have included a few still frames of the leader as well as a three-dimensional model based on the closest surveillance cameras. Time permitting, I will track his movements with the city's ubiquitous monitoring systems.

Whoever these people are, they have done research on us.
Barbara Chronopolis
Faculty

Postby Domanic Taylor » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:26 pm

Then we will return the favor. I'll have people look into their background outside London. In the meantime, I'll check the applications I've been getting and see if we have any students here who might be good at investigating this gentleman and his contacts, discreetly of course.

-- Lumis
Domanic Taylor
Faculty

Postby Barbara Chronopolis » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:54 am

Richard Flint was more than happy to provide his name to the media. I ran it through our databases and came across two interesting facts. One, he is affiliated with a political group known as the Alliance of Man. Their manifesto is easy to find and that should provide a good springboard for the investigation. The other interesting fact is that one of our students, Maadrox, has already made the connection. Lumis, you may wish to enlist his help as he seems both keen and resourceful.

Incidentally, Lumis, good work on organizing the initial student X-Teams. My latest projections still have the teams currently fielded in high priority missions unavailable for recall for at least another week. I have started production of uniforms based on the available medical data and can provide other specialized equipment as the need arises.

Binary
Barbara Chronopolis
Faculty

Return to News and E-Mail