Reviving the XUB

A place for talking about the game or other topics, out of character.

Reviving the XUB

Postby Nailah Weaver » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:00 pm

We have a pub in Maldon but I feel we could do with a bar kind of atmosphere where people hang out, play pool and can have a more party kind of thing going.

One idea was to have the students kind of start putting something like it together themselves. Find an empty room/basement, drag in an old couch, some chairs, find a cheap billiard table, set up a bar, etc.
I figured I'd suggest it here to a) see what people think and b) get it started since it's kind of a group effort.
Nailah Weaver
Faculty

Re: Reviving the XUB

Postby Maya Mills » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:01 pm

Yeah, that kind of common area would be pretty useful, in my opinion. I'd be willing to have someone help set it up, if needed.
Maya Mills
XI Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:06 pm

Hmm.

I'm of two mindsets here.

On one hand, I think that they could use some kind of super-den. So I like the idea.

On the other hand, we have high schoolers around now, so I think that we should keep the social drinking to off-campus. But not having a bartender character anymore, I'm not married to that part.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:14 pm

16 is the legal drinking age for beer and wine in the UK actually. (I think -buying- it is restricted to 18, so I dunno. If the students set it up they might set up a secret stash too >_> )

The XI/XU divide does pose bit of an issue with this though, I guess. They could always just mingle there maybe.
Nailah Weaver
Faculty

Postby Haley Crusek » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:11 pm

I think it would be a useful space, and I don't think having the high schoolers on campus would completely prevent its existence. There's already places the high schoolers aren't supposed to be on campus anyway.

That said the bar in Maldon isn't all that far away.
Haley Crusek
XI Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:16 pm

The idea was tossed around in IRC to have the highschoolers set up a secret party room somewhere. Possibly with the help of powers like Paul's or Murphy's for access and go from there. We just need a good location. (Boarded up basement room? Attic? Another room/part of Roland's secret bunker?)
Nailah Weaver
Faculty

Postby Haley Crusek » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:19 pm

Even better! Haley's in!
Haley Crusek
XI Student

Postby Will Stanton » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:09 pm

If it's Roland's secret bunker, Haley needs to lead the charge.
PLASTICINE
Will Stanton
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:03 pm

I think we need to avoid any established character's area/lair for the long term. Although they COULD trespass on the bunker for a little bit until Roland evicts then. End result should be a place that's just THEIRS, but false starts could be hilarious.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Return to Out of Character