[WWP 4/8] Laura Weston

[WWP 4/8] Laura Weston

Postby Laura Weston » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:42 pm

Name: Laura Weston (X-Corp File Designation: "Changeling")
Country of Origin: Canada

Power: Laura's primary ability is to change her appearance. She can only take on humanoid forms and any attempt to reproduce a specific person is imperfect, giving small clues to people who are closest to the individual. She can't reproduce superhuman abilities with this ability, but the physical alteration does give her the normal physical potential of the individual (for example, she could reproduce the potential strength of an Olympic athlete, but not superhuman strength).

In her natural form, Laura has a pair of dragonfly-like wings that enable her to fly. Like their insect counterpart, they give her excellent maneuverability and speed, but they aren't particularly durable and she burns through her energy reserves quickly on sustained flights.

Personality: Laura is a mischievous soul, but she rarely means any true harm. She also possesses a big interest in knowledge for its own sake, which tends to get her into trouble.

Description: In her "natural" form, Laura is about 5'2" with purple hair and iridescent dragonfly wings that she usually keeps parallel to her back. In her natural form, her eyesight is impaired and she typically wears glasses to correct it, since contacts are problematic to her shifting.

Background: Laura attended an institute in Canada that taught her how to harness her abilities. She attended a college close to home, using her ability to blend into the student body until the school figured out that at least six people were routinely attending classes they had not signed up for when they were reported to be elsewhere on campus. Suspecting mutant involvement, the school called in X-Corp which quickly ferreted Laura out. She slipped several handlers before they finally managed to run her to ground. Forced to apply on her own merits, Laura was turned down on the grounds of "academic dishonesty" (though there was some argument about applying this to her activities) and "fraud". X-Corp pointed her in the direction of the University and she applied. Her application is still pending, but X-Corp has moved her to campus just to keep her out of further mischief while they wait for an official determination on her status.
Last edited by Miranda Weaver on Wed May 21, 2014 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Laura Weston

Re: (Nate's Slot 4/6) Laura Weston

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:46 pm

Yeah, like I'm gonna complain about more non-animal shifters :P

Approval 1/2
PLASTICINE
Will Stanton
XU Student

Re: (Nate's Slot 4/6) Laura Weston

Postby Regan Rourke » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:46 pm

I approve!

(not a mod but i like it)