Daniel "Scion" Uriel

Daniel "Scion" Uriel

Postby Daniel Uriel » Sun May 11, 2014 10:50 am

Name: Daniel Uriel
Codename: Scion
Country of Origin: Genoshan (true original nationality unknown)

Power Description: Daniel has the ability to "burn" in other people's mutant powers, so long as they are non-physical mutations. When he burns a power, he mimics it as part of his own power, but with a flame effect. For example, if he copied Cyclops's optic blasts, he would have heat vision. He is currently able to maintain three powers indefinitely (counting a character's primary and secondary powers separately), but for a limited time can maintain more than that (four powers, he is able to hold up to a day before he is forced to release one of them, each additional power he burns in shortens the time). In addition, after his exposure to and cure from the Legacy Virus, his mutation developed further to allow him to merge powers for additional or unique effects.

Current Powerset: Daniel's kind of a mess at the moment, owing to complications from syncing with aliens and weird energies.

History: Daniel was an orphan, apparently, raised on Genosha first in the labs of the human magistrates, then under Magneto's mutant rule. This was cut short when Genosha was destroyed, obviously. He was one of the few survivors, thanks to his power, and traveled for quite a while with Exodus and the other surviving Accolytes. This part of his life had quite an impact on him, shown in a rather fatalistic streak and a (reluctant) willingness to do whatever needs to be done for the general good.

He came to Xaviers previously after his powers had driven him to the brink of madness during one of his assignments from Exodus. After much property damage and headaches amongst the staff, he managed to pull himself together past the mental blocks that had been put in his head and remained at the school, lacking anywhere else to go (and secretly not having any desire to put himself at Exodus's mercy again).

After his return from space, he found his powers in a huge, unpredictable flux at times, combining in odd ways and varying in strength at the wrong moments. Showing an unusual display of common sense, he decided his best bet would be to come back to Xavier's to get help figuring out his power's structure and limits.

REBOOT DIFFERENCES: Not much, mostly adjusting to the new history, notably the lack of a rebuilt Genosha with an established culture.
Current powers: Total Flaming Badass. Sometimes.
Daniel Uriel
XU Student

Re: Daniel "Scion" Uriel

Postby Will Stanton » Sun May 11, 2014 12:16 pm

Could you be a little more specific on his current powerset? Other than that, all the revamped continuity stuff seems fine to me.
PLASTICINE
Will Stanton
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun May 11, 2014 12:55 pm

Sure, I was going to get it laid out IC pretty quickly, but yeah, I can see the need for advance warning.

Last he was seen, he'd burned in Gladiator, and been way too up close and personal with the Belief Battery (I cannot remember for the life of me if he burned one of the Cardinals, but it's a possibility, and the energy itself was all around him and could have affected him). His power is therefore heavily based on his state of mind and conviction at the moment, which isn't exactly good, given that Daniel is kind of a hot mess of damaged goods. More than that, though, he's synced powers that are based on alien physiology, and his body's having a hard time compensating as it adjusts. Kind of like how if you take a blood transfusion from someone incompatible, it causes problems, only in this case it's power complications. I'll be honest, I haven't worked out what all the complications are yet. The whole thing is inspired by how Rogue's powers went totally haywire for a while when she absorbed the powers of a skrull.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Melody Martens » Sun May 11, 2014 1:59 pm

*unintelligible squeal of delight*
Melody Martens
XI Student

Postby Will Stanton » Mon May 12, 2014 9:50 pm

Approval 1/2
PLASTICINE
Will Stanton