[X-World] Unsweetened Dreams

A shattered world left behind after conflicts escalated into cataclysmic war.

Re: [X-World] Unsweetened Dreams

Postby Melissa Castro » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:09 pm

"Victories are victories. Do what *you* can do, but don't ever sell yourself short. I taught you that, too."
Melissa Castro
XU Student

Postby Jennifer Newgate » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:25 pm

"Yeah, but I can't even fix my friend. Not to mention that I failed to stop her in the first place."
Jennifer Newgate
XI Student

Postby Melissa Castro » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:38 pm

Melissa was giving her 'the look' again, "I'm not going to repeat my bit about not dwelling failures. I'll have to go back to Gar soon and I won't be able to return for a while. I'm seeing the girl I tutored again though and not the young woman I left behind. Don't compare yourself to others, do what you know is right. Celebrate *every* victory, no matter how small. And don't be upset that you haven't fixed Theresa. I can sense the damage from here and I'm not even sure how I'd begin to tackle that. It may be something that no one person can do."
Melissa Castro
XU Student

Postby Jennifer Newgate » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:55 pm

"The girl you tutored was in denial and the woman you left behind was probably a tad too optimistic for what was to come. Now I'm a survivor who has to live with the fact that she's starting to feel like killing her friend may have been the merciful thing to do, both for her and the city. I'm hard to ignore past failures when the consequences stare you in the face every day. I'd rather move on, built something from the ruins, but we can't walk Theresa into a group of people who lost family and friends because of her and expect them to understand that she barely even remembers, much less could be held responsible."
Jennifer Newgate
XI Student

Postby Melissa Castro » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:06 pm

Melissa stared at her quietly for a moment. Her substance seemed to be slowly fading. "When you see Vertie, tell her that Gar still think about her and he loves her. He's doing good things in Miami and she should be proud of him."
Melissa Castro
XU Student

Postby Jennifer Newgate » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:09 pm

"I will. Tell him we'll do our best to keep her safe."
Jennifer Newgate
XI Student

Postby Melissa Castro » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:15 pm

She smiled, "I trust you and I'll tell him. Take care of yourself, Jennifer. I'll be back some day."
Melissa Castro
XU Student

Postby Jennifer Newgate » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:26 pm

Jennifer runs her hands through her hair as she looks out over the city and catches herself feeling ever so slightly optimistic at the thought that people like Melissa are still out there, in a way, trying to make a difference. "God damnit..." she whispers to herself.
Jennifer Newgate
XI Student

Previous

Return to X-World