September 6th - First night on the town

Located on the River Thames, London has been a major settlement for two millennia. The low-income borough of Lambeth has been largely taken over by London's mutant population and is now known as Mutant Town.

Re: September 6th - First night on the town

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:06 am

Ryan was slowly getting a rather bleak view of her previous home life. "I can see that," he agreed, rather than asking. "That's sort of how we used to treat the school. Sneak out at night, run into town. Didn't matter where we were going as long as it was somewhere else."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:21 am

"Was zee school really zat bad? Or do you mean anoser school in zee States?"
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:29 am

"It wasn't bad, no, but we were kids, and it was school. We had to get out and prove we could sometimes. Plus, there was a lot more hostility against us in New York. We'd have protestors outside the gates a lot. Got to be too much sometimes."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:33 am

"Eet must haf been very frustrating to haf to listen to zee protesters. Was zere no way to get zem to leaf zee property?"
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:40 am

"Nope. Right to assembly and all that. We TRIED sometimes, though. Tried pelting them with eggs, stuff like that. Got a lot of detentions for it."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:41 am

She can't help but laugh at that. "Rotten tomatoes would haf been a good idea as well, you know."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:39 am

Ryan just laughed at that as he finished his drink. "Want to dance?" He asked.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:48 pm

After finishing her own, she gives a nod. "After you." She says, looking around the club. Slowly, she begins to realize the stupidity in wearing a shirt with no sleeves to have as a barrier. Really should have thought this through...
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:12 pm

Ryan led her out to the dance floor. Regulars at the club who saw him coming knew to clear the way, and newer arrivals? Well, they'd get the hint, too. He looked her over a moment, mentally mapping out exposed skin he had to avoid with his hands. Then, with his usual flash, he started to dance.

Unfortunately for her bet... he was really good.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:25 pm

Veronica stood there for a few moments as he began dancing, almost dropping her jaw. ...seriously? She realizes how stupid she must look to be standing there gawking, so she starts to dance as well. She's not amazing, obviously, but she's not bad. It's definitely clear she knows how to keep a beat, likely due to her inclination towards music.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:29 pm

Ryan's wings kept the crowd back a ways, though he seemed to know how to hold them so that they wouldn't smack anyone in the face. He slid his hand past her arms and behind her back, keeping it well away from her exposed arms, managing to get his face close enough to whisper into her ear. "So... I believe the stakes were... anything, yes?"
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:36 pm

She continues to dance to the beat, turning her head a bit to answer him. "I had no idea..." Trailing off a bit, she nods. "Zose were zee stakes, yes." This didn't go the way she planned. Should have looked more at his blog...
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:40 pm

He continued to dance close without really taking any liberties like... well, like would probably be going on all around them on the dance floor. Even with the constant movement, he managed to not make any skin contact, which as he was leaning closer to whisper as they danced, said a lot for his skill. "My. That does raise a lot of... interesting possibilities, doesn't it," he mused.

To anyone watching them... well, I'm sure they assumed there were much more explicit things being whispered.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:50 pm

Veronica took note of how careful he was not to touch her skin. She didn't know if it made her feel relieved or frustrated since her powers were such a hindrance in this situation. When he says that to her, she stops for a beat or two. It was probably clear she was thinking on what those possibilities could be, and judging by her subtle reaction, it was weighing on her a bit. Wait...uh...
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:54 pm

Ryan smirked, though she couldn't see it. THen, carefully, he reached his foot around and lightly tapped the top of hers with it. "Oops," he whispered. "I guess you win."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:07 pm

Veronica smirks to herself. "Now, zat is just not right. Letting me win?"
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:12 pm

"What wouldn't be right is letting you walk into a bet that imbalanced," he answered, amused. "Now... just dance and ponder your prize."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:23 pm

A bit of a laugh comes out and she just nods, going back to dancing. Her movements are flowing, nothing sporadic and...like what they likely see around them. It's more of actual dancing and flowing with the music than some of the silly things kids do on the dance floor now-a-days. It's classy.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:20 pm

Ryan's dancing... well, club dancing probably wasn't his main focus, that was fairly obvious. He kept it classy, kept it first-date appropriate, but still... it was Ryan. There was always a bit of a sensual air to it, and, well, it was fun. He was fast to find the new beat to whatever the new song was, and seemed to be enjoying himself a lot.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:34 pm

The fact that Ryan seemed to be enjoying himself put her more at ease. She loosened up quite a bit, and not just because of the alcohol. Seems she was having a fun time too. The atmosphere was friendly, the music drowned out most of her worries, and the fact that Ryan was there made it all come together. But...

She let it go. Just enjoy it. She thought to herself, and continued dancing along with Ryan.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:19 pm

The dancing went on, with a few stops to get a drink or two during a lousy song. By the time it was time to leave, even Ryan was a little winded, and glad for the London September air as they walked out into it.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:36 pm

Veronica stepped outside and took a deep breath of the cool air. Her hair was a bit of a mess and she was pretty winded, but the smile on her face was bright. With the alcohol in her system, her accent was a bit thicker, but she wasn't overboard. It was a happy buzzed state. "Mon dieu, I do not sink I haf had zat much fun in..." She thinks. "I sink ever. Even when zee curtains caught on fire at my piano recital when I was eleven." She laughs when she thinks about it.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:56 pm

Ryan laughed at that. "I haven't had a night like this in... damn, too long," he admitted. As the chill set in around them, the heat of the club slowly evaporating into the night, he slipped his jacket over her shoulders again. "So... has the lady decided her prize?" he teased.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:07 pm

Tugging his jacket around her shoulders close to her, she laughs. "I had already decided when we made zee bet." She says with a smirk.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:08 pm

"Really now," Ryan said with a grin. "So, what command have you for me, Mistress?" he teased.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:40 pm

Opening her mouth to speak, she pauses, then laughs again. "Eet is simple, somewhat. Almost like a favor, I suppose." She turns to him, looking entirely serious.

"I am unsure if zis is actually even possible. Erm...I suppose I should haf asked before." She looks a bit less confident, but shakes it off and continues regardless. "I am asking you to take zee time off to visit your family at some point. From what I felt off your sister, she loves you very much and I am guessing your whole family cherishes you. Hold zat close to your heart. I sink if you take zee time to see zem, maybe eet would be a nice break away from zee constant work you haf. I understand you haf much to do and are very busy, but I mean it when I say you should hold zee love zey have for you close."

She finishes her little monologue and looks a bit awkward. "I...I am sorry if zee favor was out off line."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:50 pm

Ryan was quiet for a moment as they walked. "It's not out of line," he said. "And it's a good idea, too. But... I can't," he said. "I really shouldn't go back to America any time soon, and if I do, I have to stay away from my family. It was bad enough in France, but in America, I don't just get flagged by the government on entry, there's a whole mess of bigoted assholes who have it out for Mutants in general, and some of them for me in particular. It's why I keep my family, by and large, out of everything I do online, and why I don't ever post anything that even gives any hints at where they live."

"This mess will eventually pass," he admitted, "But while it's going on, I have to keep away from them for their own good. My dad's precognative... he told me that staying away for a few years was a good idea. That's as close as he ever comes to tell me what he sees down the road."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:00 am

She stops and turns to him. "I am sorry you can not see zem. Is...is zere any way possible zere is a way to speak wis zem at all? I am sure zere would be ways to mask IPs and hide locations. You know better zen I zere are many here zat are good wis technologies and zee like. Skype or maybe even someone could develop a program like Skype to help. Untraceable."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:14 am

"I do talk to them," he admitted. "It's just... harder."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:24 am

Without much warning, she just steps over and hugs him, being as careful as she can not to let her skin touch his own. Thank goodness for jackets, right?

"I am very sorry eet is so difficult. Eet is not right. I hope zat, as you said, sings will get better and you can see zem again. Besides, I did not put a time limit on completing it, non?" She says a bit jokingly.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:31 am

Ryan looked a little surprised, but pleasantly so. He hugged her back, a little tighter than he necessarily had to. "Thanks," he said quietly. "And no, you didn't, but it's a little silly to use your prize on something I'd do as soon as possible anyway, isn't it?" He added, his voice a bit more normal, 'forgetting' to let go for the moment.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:46 am

"On zee contrary, eet is not silly, if you sink about it. Just makes eet more concrete, non?" She looks up and smiles at him.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:18 am

"It does," he agreed, his thumbs unconsciously moving along her side where his hands were resting. "But you're always worrying about me. Now I want to worry about what you want." He smiled. "Come on... One thing, for you. What is it?"
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:26 am

"Well..." She furrows her brows, thinking. "I...I really do not have anysing I need, truly." It was true, she didn't really *need* anything at all. But that wasn't the question, was it? Regardless, she thinks that answer is suitable enough.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:44 am

"I know you don't," he said softly. "What would make you happy. What do you want. Anything, just for you."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:57 am

"All I want...all I haf ever wanted..." It looks almost as if it pains her to say it, which means she's likely never really been asked it before. "I want to stop being afraid. I am scared to touch. I want to haf control over what I see. I want to be able to hug someone or efen...efen simply hold someone's hand wisout being so afraid off forgetting or seeing...or bos. Zat is what I want." Veronica admits. "I did not even hug my parents because zey did not know and I did not want zem to know. I haf had to avoid people and be a bystander for all off my life."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:02 am

Ryan looked at her for a moment, his smile a bit sad now. Then he pulled her into the hug again, tighter this time. "I don't care how long it takes, I'm going to help you get it under control," he promised quietly.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:20 am

The hug meant more to her than anything. In itself, it felt like a promise to her and even a start to things. She hugged back tightly, resting her head on his shoulder. "Sank you, Ryan." Veronica had no other words to say to express how she felt, so she just stood there in his arms.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:30 am

"Anything you want," Ryan whispered, showing no inclination to let go. "Anything I can do." He gave a single quiet chuckle. "I... Just like seeing you smile."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:39 am

Veronica squeezed tighter. She felt on the verge of tears, but held back. Don't cry... "You haf already helped me so much and made me smile more zen I haf in a long time."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

PreviousNext

Return to London