Hellfire Club - Socialites

Located on the River Thames, London has been a major settlement for two millennia. The low-income borough of Lambeth has been largely taken over by London's mutant population and is now known as Mutant Town.

Re: Hellfire Club - Socialites

Postby John Hino » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:20 pm

Byrna Cooper wrote:"John is the smart one, there's no debate there."

She gave him a peck on his scaly cheek.

"It's a pleasure in o meet you, Mr. Taylor."

"Likewise. To be perfectly honest I didn't expect to meet anyone here who wasn't... well, unsavory," he said with a glance at MP Hill.
John Hino
XU Student

Postby Donyell Taylor » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:22 pm

"Don't tell me you believe all those boogieman stories about this club," he chuckles good-naturedly.
Donyell Taylor

Postby John Hino » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:40 pm

"I'll admit that most of the stories about it sound like the fantasies of a conspiracy nut, but I have it on good authority that they aren't all complete fiction."
John Hino
XU Student

Postby Donyell Taylor » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:42 pm

"John, all you've got here are people who respect the game as it's played."
Donyell Taylor

Postby John Hino » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:49 pm

"The fact that power is a game for people here is my problem."

He sighed.

"But I'm not here to soapbox."
John Hino
XU Student

Postby Donyell Taylor » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:51 pm

"If you don't respect it, the people that do walk all over you."

"If you know how to play though, it's amazing the things you can get done. Good things, John."
Donyell Taylor

Postby Victoria Valentine » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:57 pm

Victoria winked back at Anika as she considered the question. "Well, I don't have any inclination to let myself be incinerated by Sentinels, so I hope that's a plus," Victoria mused.
Victoria Valentine
XU Student

Postby Margali Szardos » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:04 pm

"That's probably low on most peoples' list. I don't think anybody here wants to see you dead. Well, I shouldn't be so rash in that, some might see you as competition after all, but I don't think that would discourage you from claiming something you might covet. If there is such a thing."
Margali Szardos

Postby John Hino » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:16 pm

Donyell Taylor wrote:"If you don't respect it, the people that do walk all over you."

"If you know how to play though, it's amazing the things you can get done. Good things, John."

"I'm not so naive that I don't understand that. I wouldn't be here if I didn't."
John Hino
XU Student

Postby Victoria Valentine » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:23 pm

"I like to think of coveting as an active, naturally developing process as you find more things to covet."
Victoria Valentine
XU Student

Postby Margali Szardos » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:46 pm

"And sometimes those things find you. Of course there's no obligation to take up opportunities that present themselves."
Margali Szardos

Postby Trev Anderson » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:12 pm

Anika Sloan wrote:Anika smirks to herself, then gave Trev a clap on the shoulder out of the blue. It wasn't painful or anything, but it wasn't gentle. Probably on purpose. "Well lookie here. Didn't think I'd see you here."

It took every ounce of his control to not do a spit take with his whiskey as he was startled by the vigorous clap on the shoulder. He jumped and somehow managed to avoid spilling any more all over himself or her, or his new rich friend.

"H-hi Anika," he coughed.
Trev Anderson
XU Student

Postby Byrna Cooper » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:26 pm

John Hino wrote:
Donyell Taylor wrote:"If you don't respect it, the people that do walk all over you."

"I'm not so naive that I don't understand that. I wouldn't be here if I didn't."

"It's been an enticing experience so far."

Bear only slightly looked in over her head as she looked around at the various players of the game.
Byrna Cooper
XU Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:33 am

Trev Anderson wrote:It took every ounce of his control to not do a spit take with his whiskey as he was startled by the vigorous clap on the shoulder. He jumped and somehow managed to avoid spilling any more all over himself or her, or his new rich friend.

Anika couldn't help but grin at his reaction. "Hey there, Trev." She dips her head at Henry, then orders some whiskey herself. "You clean up well. I'm impressed," She said to Trev.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:40 am

Ryan Gabriel wrote:He grinned back at her, taking a step to dance closer to her. "And at least they have real dancing. Hard to find these days."

"What, zee club dancing wis some off zere...less zen savory types off dance was not good enough?" She said sarcastically with a laugh.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:47 am

He grinned. "I didn't spend six years in dance just to learn how to dance at a club. It's like being a musician and only mixing autotune files," he joked.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:01 am

Ryan Gabriel wrote:He grinned. "I didn't spend six years in dance just to learn how to dance at a club. It's like being a musician and only mixing autotune files," he joked.

She cringes at the thought of autotune. "Ugh..."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:11 am

He grinned. "Exactly! Well, maybe not as bad as that. But it's nice to be able to expand a bit."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:36 am

"I must admit, I do find zis much more relaxing and natural." She says with a smile.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:44 am

"Are you sure that's not just because you don't have to worry about accidentally touching me this time?" he teased.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:51 am

"Zat may be a part off eet, yes." She teases right back. "Mais, I am unsure how exactly eet has not become an issue yet tonight. I sought zee bracelet would only be temporary."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:00 am

He smirked a little. "Well, I think we would have had to let go for a minute here and there, yes. But... well, if you're really still interested when we get home, I'll tell you."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:37 am

"You haf peeked my curiosity." She said quite seriously. "I will be sure to ask." She gave him one of those 'what are you up to' looks.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:03 am

He just smiled back at her. "I'm just trying to show the lady a good time," he said, 'innocently.'
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:37 am

She chuckles. "Well you are doing a wonderful job off eet so far." And she was serious; this didn't come close to comparing to the painfully boring formal parties she had been dragged to before. She also didn't see what was so bad about the Club. Sure, there was the obvious fake smiles and putting on a show, but you get that anywhere, right? Maybe they weren't so bad.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Trev Anderson » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:41 am

Anika Sloan wrote:
Trev Anderson wrote:It took every ounce of his control to not do a spit take with his whiskey as he was startled by the vigorous clap on the shoulder. He jumped and somehow managed to avoid spilling any more all over himself or her, or his new rich friend.

Anika couldn't help but grin at his reaction. "Hey there, Trev." She dips her head at Henry, then orders some whiskey herself. "You clean up well. I'm impressed," She said to Trev.

"Thanks," he laughed nervously. "Henry this is Anika Sloan, my girlfriend's sister."
Trev Anderson
XU Student

Postby Henry Hereford » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:12 pm

"Pleasure to meet you, young lady," Henry says, offering his hand for her to shake.
Henry Hereford

Postby Anika Sloan » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:29 pm

Anika gives a friendly smile to Henry and shakes his hand firmly. "Pleasure's all mine. Just thought I'd stop over and say hey, I won't interrupt for too long." She turns to Trev. "Figured you'd want to bring Gemma, with the whole 'plus one' deal they have going on. You two doin okay?"
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Trev Anderson » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:07 pm

"Yeah! Of course! uh...well I'll be honest I don't think my invitation had a plus one and...we weren't really official at the time I had to RSVP anyway...."
Trev Anderson
XU Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:20 pm

She gives a nod. "Makes sense. Well, I'm glad you two are still doing well. That bodes well for you." She says with a wink before picking up her glass. "Anyway, just thought I'd drop by. Have fun, yeah?" Anika then gave a wave to Henry. "Nice to meet you." Then she headed in a random direction to mingle with others. She had no idea who, but she wasn't about to interrupt Victoria.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Victoria Valentine » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:44 pm

"Well, one would have to be either overconfident or naive to take an offer without examining all the strings attached to it," Victoria reasoned. "I suppose we'll have to see what offers are made, hm?"
Victoria Valentine
XU Student

Postby Margali Szardos » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:33 am

"Some positions come with certain expectations. This is not a negotiation, Victoria. If you don't wish to be considered you just have to speak up. There are always people willing to step up." she says, letting her eyes wander across the crowd, briefly resting on John and Donyell Taylor.
Margali Szardos

Postby Victoria Valentine » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:52 am

Victoria gave out a slight, quiet laugh. "If you wish to settle, I suppose. I've not made a habit of backing away so far. I'm not intending to now."
Victoria Valentine
XU Student

Postby Margali Szardos » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:43 am

"Glad to hear it. You show a lot of promise."
Margali Szardos

Postby John Hino » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:46 am

Byrna Cooper wrote:"It's been an enticing experience so far."

Bear only slightly looked in over her head as she looked around at the various players of the game.

"It really has. Though all this opulence is a bit more than I'm used to. Father stressed frugality growing up."
John Hino
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:32 pm

"Then the night's a success, as far as I'm concerned," Ryan said. "I'll shake hands with a hundred greasy politicians, as long as I can get a smile out of you."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Previous

Return to London