Hellfire Club - Socialites

Located on the River Thames, London has been a major settlement for two millennia. The low-income borough of Lambeth has been largely taken over by London's mutant population and is now known as Mutant Town.

Re: Hellfire Club - Socialites

Postby Narrator » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:52 am

Trev Anderson wrote:
Henry Hereford wrote:"Oh!" said a somewhat startled Trev, "Why thank you, sir." he said gratefully accepting the bottle and handkerchief, setting about removing the stain as best as he could. "Trying to be polite and not stuff my face at a nice party and I wind up making a mess of myself," he chuckled. "Really appreciate your help."

"No problem, kiddo," Henry says. "We've all been there. Heck, why do you think I have to carry the stuff?"

Henry chuckles, "The name's Hereford, but you can call me Hal. I build things."
Narrator
The Architect of Your Misery

Postby Anika Sloan » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:57 am

Victoria Valentine wrote:Victoria's curtsy was far too automatic for this to be a social visit. "This is Anika, Mistress," she said, making no return introductions since, well, her mistress was under illusion. Victoria wasn't sure just how much of her identity was under wraps, if any.

Anika takes note of the gesture and gives a smile to Margali, keeping her mouth shut until spoken to. She does take note of Nina and gives a wave with a wink to her, turning her attention back to Margali.
Last edited by Veronica Glarette on Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Trev Anderson » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:00 am

"Trev, sir. Trev Anderson."

He looked at the man more closely that he was done cleaning himself.

"Wait... the Henry Hereford? Oh, wow, it's a pleasure to meet you, sir."
Trev Anderson
XU Student

Postby Narrator » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:00 am

Trev Anderson wrote:"Trev, sir. Trev Anderson."

He looked at the man more closely that he was done cleaning himself.

"Wait... the Henry Hereford? Oh, wow, it's a pleasure to meet you, sir."

"Ain't it though?" Henry laughs. "So, why you hanging out with these snooty muckety-mucks?"
Narrator
The Architect of Your Misery

Postby Margali Szardos » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:08 am

Victoria Valentine wrote:Victoria's curtsy was far too automatic for this to be a social visit. "This is Anika, Mistress," she said, making no return introductions since, well, her mistress was under illusion. Victoria wasn't sure just how much of her identity was under wraps, if any.

"The pleasure is all mine and the reason why she didn't introduce me is presumably because she's come prepared and worries about exposing me. I'm Margali Szardos and all I'm doing is not giving these people reason to worry themselves so there's no need for undue secrecy. After all, we're here to enjoy ourselves or at least that's what we want them to think."
Margali Szardos

Postby Yui Kumo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:09 am

Ryan Gabriel wrote:"Very well said," Ryan decided. "And it's definitely pleasant to be able to find out what respect people are worth."

"Isn't it? Unfortunately that's not the only criteria of admission but I suppose everyone has their role to play so we graciously welcome the less socially versed." she says. If Ryan is at all tuned into his power he might notice very strange vibes emanating from this woman.
Yui Kumo

Postby Trev Anderson » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:13 am

Narrator wrote:
"Ain't it though?" Henry laughs. "So, why you hanging out with these snooty muckety-mucks?"

"I...uh...well I'll be honest, sir, I have no idea. An invitation came in the mail, and it seemed like something that'd be hard to ignore."
Trev Anderson
XU Student

Postby Zeke Stane » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:22 am

A man, staying mostly out of the limelight, was keeping a fairly steady orbit around the appetizer tray, making only minimal small talk.
Zeke Stane

Postby Nigel Hill » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:23 am

Another man, wearing a suit with a large purple ribbon, was pressing the flesh, shaking the hands of everyone. Slowly, but notably, he was making his way towards Ryan Gabriel.
Nigel Hill

Postby Nina Madaraki » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:23 am

Nina asks a member of the House of Lords his opinion on neurotoxins. She doesn't look happy about his answer and accuses him of being unnecessarily negative and "a scaredy-cat".
Nina Madaraki
XU Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:26 am

Margali Szardos wrote:"The pleasure is all mine and the reason why she didn't introduce me is presumably because she's come prepared and worries about exposing me. I'm Margali Szardos and all I'm doing is not giving these people reason to worry themselves so there's no need for undue secrecy. After all, we're here to enjoy ourselves or at least that's what we want them to think."

Anika smiles and nods. She's not about to say something out of line that would get Victoria screwed over, so she just follows her lead.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:29 am

Yui Kumo wrote:"Isn't it? Unfortunately that's not the only criteria of admission but I suppose everyone has their role to play so we graciously welcome the less socially versed." she says. If Ryan is at all tuned into his power he might notice very strange vibes emanating from this woman.

Veronica smiles at Yui. "Zere is certainly always a role for everyone."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Victoria Valentine » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:56 am

Victoria glanced sidelong at Anika and gave a very subtle nod, and she herself seemed to have visibly relaxed a bit compared to when they'd walked over. "Wheels within wheels. I'm sure we're not quite fooling everyone. It's interesting seeing the reactions, though."
Victoria Valentine
XU Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:58 am

"Gonna have to agree. Not everyone is going to believe the pretty scene before them, even if it's damn nice." Anika says, looking around.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:01 am

Ryan focused on his power, as much as he could without starting to glow or give some other clue to what he was up to, and tried to see what, exactly, the woman was doing... or at least the closest idea he could manage with his power. "I'm afraid you have me at a bit of a disadvantage, Ms. Kumo. I suppose I make a point of spreading my name far and wide... what do you bring to the club? If it's not too indiscreet of me to ask, of course."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Yui Kumo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:36 pm

She flashes Veronica a smile that borders on predatory before she returns to smiling politely and turns to Ryan. "Oh not at all. I own a series of nightclubs in the city and a record company in Tokyo. I've had my fill of fame back home, now I mostly worry about the fortune." It doesn't feel like she's actively doing anything, there's just something strange about her lifeforce that feels as if it doesn't originally belong to her. But underneath that is just... nothing.
Yui Kumo

Postby Margali Szardos » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:36 pm

"Oh plenty of people know a charade when they see it but you would be surprised how many only care for appearances. And of course almost everyone who does see past the obvious thinks that they will be the ones to benefit from it. No one wants to ruin a good thing when they think they have a chance to partake."
Margali Szardos

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:46 pm

Yui Kumo wrote:She flashes Veronica a smile that borders on predatory before she returns to smiling politely and turns to Ryan. "Oh not at all. I own a series of nightclubs in the city and a record company in Tokyo. I've had my fill of fame back home, now I mostly worry about the fortune." It doesn't feel like she's actively doing anything, there's just something strange about her lifeforce that feels as if it doesn't originally belong to her. But underneath that is just... nothing.

"Most impressive." Veronica remarks, sipping from the champagne. "You must be a very busy woman, between bos off zose. Lots off travel, non?"
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:53 pm

Margali Szardos wrote:"Oh plenty of people know a charade when they see it but you would be surprised how many only care for appearances. And of course almost everyone who does see past the obvious thinks that they will be the ones to benefit from it. No one wants to ruin a good thing when they think they have a chance to partake."

"True enough. Everyone wants a little something." Anika looks around at the crowd. "Seems quite a few think they'll benefit."
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:57 pm

The movement isn't obvious. At the very least, it's made casually, and isn't any more of a statement than her smile was. Ryan shifted, stretching his arm out a bit before re-settling his hand on Veronica's back. As far as territorial gestures go, it's low threat, but a point was a point. "And now I wish I'd made time in Tokyo so I could be familiar with them," Ryan said, "I'm sure that they're excellent. But we ask have to stop and worry about our fortunes eventually."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Victoria Valentine » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:21 pm

"The dance goes on. Each one putting on their act, each sure they see that an act is going on... Who can figure out what the real game is first, that's the question.". She considered her Mistress for a moment. " And of course dine are there to put their own pans into place, I suppose. "
Victoria Valentine
XU Student

Postby Yui Kumo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:02 pm

Veronica Glarette wrote:"Most impressive." Veronica remarks, sipping from the champagne. "You must be a very busy woman, between bos off zose. Lots off travel, non?"

Ryan Gabriel wrote:The movement isn't obvious. At the very least, it's made casually, and isn't any more of a statement than her smile was. Ryan shifted, stretching his arm out a bit before re-settling his hand on Veronica's back. As far as territorial gestures go, it's low threat, but a point was a point. "And now I wish I'd made time in Tokyo so I could be familiar with them," Ryan said, "I'm sure that they're excellent. But we ask have to stop and worry about our fortunes eventually."

Yui seems amused that she's had enough of an effect to have Ryan feel the need to assert himself over her. "Quite a few flights, yes. Though there's certainly something to be said for competent employees to depend on. And you are not missing much unless you are a fan of Japanese teenage pop-culture. It's not a very international market to say the least."
Yui Kumo

Postby Margali Szardos » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:02 pm

Anika Sloan wrote:"True enough. Everyone wants a little something." Anika looks around at the crowd. "Seems quite a few think they'll benefit."

Victoria Valentine wrote:"The dance goes on. Each one putting on their act, each sure they see that an act is going on... Who can figure out what the real game is first, that's the question.". She considered her Mistress for a moment. " And of course dine are there to put their own pans into place, I suppose. "

"Oh they all think they shall but most of them are merely parasites and have little to offer themselves. But occasionally someone stands out and deserve special attention. I hear you've been doing quite well for yourself lately, Victoria."
Margali Szardos

Postby Victoria Valentine » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:03 pm

"As you would wish it. Sieze when power waxes, plan when it wanes. Idleness is so... Wasteful," Victoria said easily. She held no illusions about the fact that she was being manipulated into something tonight too... But she was probably one of the very few aware of it who were perfectly happy to go along to find out what benefit she'd get from it.
Victoria Valentine
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:25 pm

Yui Kumo wrote:Yui seems amused that she's had enough of an effect to have Ryan feel the need to assert himself over her. "Quite a few flights, yes. Though there's certainly something to be said for competent employees to depend on. And you are not missing much unless you are a fan of Japanese teenage pop-culture. It's not a very international market to say the least."

"Many do not realize zee importance off such employees in zee overall spectrum." She says. Her demeanor is still friendly despite any signals that have gone through. She continues with the small-talk, knowing full-well how these games go, thanks to her father. She just doesn't know the extent of it with this specific club, obviously.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:30 pm

Margali Szardos wrote:"Oh they all think they shall but most of them are merely parasites and have little to offer themselves. But occasionally someone stands out and deserve special attention. I hear you've been doing quite well for yourself lately, Victoria."

Victoria Valentine wrote:"As you would wish it. Sieze when power waxes, plan when it wanes. Idleness is so... Wasteful," Victoria said easily. She held no illusions about the fact that she was being manipulated into something tonight too... But she was probably one of the very few aware of it who were perfectly happy to go along to find out what benefit she'd get from it.

"Wasteful indeed." Anika agrees. She listens as the two converse, staying true to her word to Victoria that she'd behave. She actually was enjoying herself, come to think of it. Sure, it was a bit over the top with fanciness, but Margali didn't seem so bad. A woman with opened eyes was a woman to be feared and respected, and Anika fully was aware of that.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby John Hino » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:59 am

As he entered with Bear, John hoped he didn't look half as nervous as he felt. Sure his dad has taken his to a few functions over the last six months, but he'd never been to anything as extravagant as this. He may be doing well at carrying himself like a member of high society, but he felt like... well, Trev.

(Just to get him in the door)
John Hino
XU Student

Postby Donyell Taylor » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:43 pm

On the edge of the festivities, a well-dressed man is speaking with some of the serving staff, and gesturing to various areas of the room.
Donyell Taylor

Postby Yui Kumo » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:25 pm

Veronica Glarette wrote:"Many do not realize zee importance off such employees in zee overall spectrum." She says. Her demeanor is still friendly despite any signals that have gone through. She continues with the small-talk, knowing full-well how these games go, thanks to her father. She just doesn't know the extent of it with this specific club, obviously.

"Oh, good employees are exceptionally important these days." she laughs, apparently this is very amusing to her for some reason. "Your accent, you're from France?"
Yui Kumo

Postby Margali Szardos » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:30 pm

Victoria Valentine wrote:"As you would wish it. Sieze when power waxes, plan when it wanes. Idleness is so... Wasteful," Victoria said easily. She held no illusions about the fact that she was being manipulated into something tonight too... But she was probably one of the very few aware of it who were perfectly happy to go along to find out what benefit she'd get from it.

Anika Sloan wrote:"Wasteful indeed." Anika agrees. She listens as the two converse, staying true to her word to Victoria that she'd behave. She actually was enjoying herself, come to think of it. Sure, it was a bit over the top with fanciness, but Margali didn't seem so bad. A woman with opened eyes was a woman to be feared and respected, and Anika fully was aware of that.

"You've been listening well. And I reckon soon your loyalty might pay off, should you care for it. Such a polite young woman you picked as your date by the way." she says, either being horribly rude or trying to provoke Anika into speaking her mind. Probably the later.
Margali Szardos

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:24 pm

Yui Kumo wrote:"Oh, good employees are exceptionally important these days." she laughs, apparently this is very amusing to her for some reason. "Your accent, you're from France?"

"I am, born and raised." She answers, not providing much more information than that. Either on purpose, or she just doesn't find it important.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:30 pm

Margali Szardos wrote:"You've been listening well. And I reckon soon your loyalty might pay off, should you care for it. Such a polite young woman you picked as your date by the way." she says, either being horribly rude or trying to provoke Anika into speaking her mind. Probably the later.

"Thank you. Is there a specific name you prefer I call you? Calling you by your first name seems so informal. Miss Szardos?" Anika asks, contemplating.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Yui Kumo » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:17 pm

Veronica Glarette wrote:"I am, born and raised." She answers, not providing much more information than that. Either on purpose, or she just doesn't find it important.

"And now you're seeking refuge in London? Or are you not a mutant?" she says with a glance towards Ryan.
Yui Kumo

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:20 pm

"When you're surrounded by mutants, most of your friends tend to be mutants," Ryan admitted.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Margali Szardos » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:21 pm

Anika Sloan wrote:"Thank you. Is there a specific name you prefer I call you? Calling you by your first name seems so informal. Miss Szardos?" Anika asks, contemplating.

"Miss Szardos will do just fine in this setting."
Margali Szardos

Postby Nigel Hill » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:32 pm

Ryan Gabriel wrote:"When you're surrounded by mutants, most of your friends tend to be mutants," Ryan admitted.

"But they can't be all bad, am I right? A-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.

Yui, you MUST introduce me here."
Nigel Hill

Postby Yui Kumo » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:00 pm

"Veronica Glarette, Ryan Gabriel, this is Nigel Hill MP and a member of UKIP." she says almost with anticipation.
Yui Kumo

Postby Nigel Hill » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:01 pm

"REALLY a pleasure. TRULY," he said.

Ryan could tell, among other things, that he was manuevering himself in such a way that photographers would get a good shot of the two of them.
Nigel Hill

Postby Veronica Glarette » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:44 pm

Yui Kumo wrote:"And now you're seeking refuge in London? Or are you not a mutant?" she says with a glance towards Ryan.

Ryan Gabriel wrote:"When you're surrounded by mutants, most of your friends tend to be mutants," Ryan admitted.

Yui Kumo wrote:"Veronica Glarette, Ryan Gabriel, this is Nigel Hill MP and a member of UKIP." she says almost with anticipation.

Nigel Hill wrote:"REALLY a pleasure. TRULY," he said.

Ryan could tell, among other things, that he was manuevering himself in such a way that photographers would get a good shot of the two of them.

Veronica still hadn't got used to the outwardness of mutant acceptance here, and it was probably clear when she faltered a moment to speak. Luckily, Ryan did well at picking things up. As Nigel is introduced, she smiles once more, happy for the distraction. "Monsieur Hill, a pleasure indeed." Knowing how publicized Ryan made himself, she figured there was a reason Nigel was there so enthusiastically.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:46 pm

Margali Szardos wrote:"Miss Szardos will do just fine in this setting."

"Miss Szardos it is. So did you set this all up?"
Anika Sloan
XU Student

PreviousNext

Return to London