What Goes Around...

Located on the River Thames, London has been a major settlement for two millennia. The low-income borough of Lambeth has been largely taken over by London's mutant population and is now known as Mutant Town.

What Goes Around...

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:38 am

Veronica smiled at Ryan as they stepped inside the restaurant. The place was much like the one they had been too before; relaxed and somewhat laid-back. It was an Italian sort of setting. "Table like last time?" She asked him cheerfully.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Re: What Goes Around...

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:45 am

"Doesn't matter so much when I don't have wings taking up space," he said, smiling at her as they made their way in. "Lady's choice."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:48 am

"Hm... Let's do a boos zis time. Not zat I prefer one over zee oser, eet just is fun to change sings up every now and zen, non?"
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:51 am

"It is nice to be able to actually use them," Ryan admitted, relaying their seating choice to the hostess.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:54 am

As they arrived at the table, she did her normal 'preparations', slipping out of her jacket, then laying the cloth napkin carefully on her leg as she settled in. "What made you decide to cover zem today?" She asked curiously.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:01 am

"Because when they're out, I draw everyone's eye and it's hard for us to get any real us-time," he said, shrugging. "It's nice to go a little more low-key sometimes."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:05 am

"You still draw their eyes because off how handsome you are." She said with a wink before going serious again. "I understand, zough. Well, as much as I can." She elaborated. As the waitress came and took their drink order, Veronica ordered some green tea.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:15 am

Ryan told the waitress that water would be fine, and then smiled at Veronica. "It's not hard to understand, don't worry," he said, not about to start a 'you don't get me!' speech. "And I can be more myself when I don't have to overthink everything."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:19 am

"And you being yourself is all I will ever ask off you." She answered with a smile.

Some time went by. The meal was delicious, and as most Italian meals went, very filling. Veronica stood from the booth. "A quick trip to zee ladies room and I will return."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:22 am

"And... I suppose I'll be waiting here," Ryan said with a smile. While she was gone, he gave his phone a quick check, saw he hadn't been tagged on anything, and decided that this was a good outing.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:27 am

If Ryan was paying attention, he may have heard Veronica say a few words somewhere behind him to someone else. What she said wasn't very easy to make out, as she was halfway across the room, but obviously she had ran into someone she knew.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:31 am

Ryan cocked an eyebrow, glancing over his shoulder curiously.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:37 am

Veronica had her back turned to him. Whoever she was speaking to was a lot taller than she was and up out of his seat, turned to her. Pretty close to her, actually. A woman sat at the table the man came from, her eyes low, hands in her lap. As small as she looked, it was almost like a mini Veronica in that seat. In fact, they looked highly similar. Ryan would be able to tell that Veronica's general stance was a mixture of tense, yet tall and proud.

The man looked none too pleased, slipping his hand around Veronica's arm and leading her outside. It did not seem to be in a friendly way, either.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:41 am

What the... Oh hell no. Ryan stood up, dropping enough cash on the table for what he judged was a generous tip on top of their meal cost. Didn't want to look like he was skipping out on the bill, after all. Then he stood up, making his way out of the restaurant after them.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:43 am

The woman at the table stood and attempted to stop Ryan. "Please... Just let zem talk eet out..." Judging by the woman's expression, she didn't seem too sure herself about the situation, but she also looked afraid of interference.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:50 am

Ryan looked at her with a patronizing smile. "I'd prefer they do it with me watching. I don't really like my dates being manhandled." He didn't give her any time to argue, he just kept going to the door to see what was going on.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:54 am

The woman frowned, following behind him. "Zis is none off your business. Eet is a family matter and should stay zat way!" She called after him.

Ryan would be able to see that the man had taken Veronica to the parking lot. There was some yelling, some furious hand motions as the man talked, and from what Ryan would be able to see, Veronica was standing her ground.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:57 am

Ryan looked like he was about to answer the woman, then decided not to. He kept on going, not stepping in, but definitely getting close enough to find out just what was going on.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:04 am

There were obviously heated words going back and forth between the two. Veronica was answering the yells right back at the man, her cheeks red with anger. It wasn't something that anyone had ever seen from her before. It was an interesting view. Her grey eyes had a very piercing gaze to them when she was mad, apparently. Her father in front of her had the same.

"Vous rappelez-vous ce que je ai dit quand je vous ai dit de partir?" Her father yelled in her face. Whatever he had said took her down quite a few notches and she began to shrink.

Her mother had caught up to Ryan, stopping when she heard that phrase. She looked around the area slowly, as if making sure no one was listening too much.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:10 am

Ryan was obviously hesitant, but just as obviously didn't want to be. Not that he was scared, mind you... but this was Veronica's to deal with, and he wasn't about to go stealing her thunder, butting in where she didn't need him. Once she started to shrink, though, he started forward, not stepping in, but she'd be able to see that he was there, at least.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:21 am

Veronica looked briefly to the side and saw Ryan. Seeing him seemed to give her a strength in herself she hadn't had before. Turning back to her father, she leaned in and looked up at him, confidently speaking to him in a firm, angry tone. "Je me souviens. Et vous savez quoi? Je ne m'inquiète pas. Vous êtes un lâche qui se cache derrière la violence pour compenser vos échecs. Tu es pathétique."

This seemed to set something off in the man. He didn't seem to know whether to continue or to back down. Unfortunately, the realization of that made him even angrier. He answered the only way he apparently knew how in his angered state, raising his hand to backhand her.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:23 am

"You want to rethink that right now," Ryan said, starting forward. He didn't hurry. He kept an easy pace, almost casual, as he started to slip out of his jacket.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:29 am

Her father turned and regarded Ryan for a moment before turning back to Veronica. "Est-ce lui?" He asked her, making no signs of backing down. Veronica just stared death into the man. It was unnerving. He looked at Ryan once more. "You have no place telling me what to do, mutant." With that, he continued his action swiftly. Veronica closed her eyes, flinching, and her mother watched quietly.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:32 am

And that was when Ryan went for him. He didn't go for the face, he didn't go to knock him down. He went to get the man in a hold and, well, stop him from hitting his daughter, even if it meant he had to get in the way of the blow. Ryan had speed on his side, hopefully, and he definitely had the fact that he was more use in a fight than her father could ever hope to be.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:40 am

The blow was stopped by Ryan as he put the man in a hold. Ryan would be able to tell that the man was strong, but he knew nothing about how to fight. He struggled against Ryan, attempting to elbow him or kick him or anything he could do. To be honest, he probably looked like a flailing fish. "Get your disgusting hands off off me, you fils!" He screamed at Ryan.

A small crowd had began to gather and the mother was trying to shoo them away.

Veronica looked speechless, kind of like a deer in headlights, yet relieved.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:42 am

"Just calm down, and we can start to settle this like adults," Ryan said, calmly, and keenly aware of how condescending he probably sounded. Was it intentional? Possibly. Probably, even. He turned the man away from Veronica, so that when he let go he'd be between the two of them, then let him go with a little shove to get some distance between them.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:48 am

The man flung forward a bit, his nice business shoes getting all scuffed. As he turned to face Ryan, it was very, very clear that the man was beyond reason. His face was so red it was almost worrisome. He had noticed the small crowd gathering and the humiliation only made him angrier. "What is zee meaning off zis?!" He asked, then looked to his wife as if she was at fault. "Je vous ai dit de lui faire rester à l'écart!" He screamed at her.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:51 am

"Look, are you finished?" Ryan asked. "We were going to get desert, and I don't know how much longer they're going to hold our table in there." Must. Learn. French.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:55 am

"Ohhh, did you get zee berry cobbler?" Veronica asked. Ryan probably knew that she really could care less, but apparently she was trying to jump in on things as well.

The father looked absolutely livid. "You sink you are hot shit, non? You haf anoser sing coming, boy. " He hissed to Ryan.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:56 am

Something about that made Ryan chuckle. He quite obviously hadn't intended to, but... well, sometimes you can't stop. He turned around to Veronica, showing the man his back. "Are you ready?" he asked.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:59 am

Veronica opened her mouth to speak, but her father interrupted. "Non, she is not going anywhere. We are not finished speaking." He looked to Veronica. "Answer me. Is zis zee sing you haf been whoring around wis?"
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:01 am

"Don't answer that," Ryan said to Veronica as he turned back to her father. "This conversation ended the second you decided to let your hands do the talking. So kindly toddle off before you look even more ridiculous."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:04 am

"ANSWER ME." He yelled across to Veronica, causing her to jump. The man was completely ignoring Ryan now, his angry, wild eyes targeted directly at Veronica. It was like an angry bull going after a red flag.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:09 am

And that was when Ryan tossed his jacket back to Veronica and stepped right up, eye to eye with the man. "You are going to take two steps back, right now, and walk away with your wife. You've already said more than enough for anything else you do right now to be a hate crime, so you are going go walk away. now," he said, his voice unyielding. It did not sound at all like a request.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:16 am

Veronica held onto Ryan's jacket, looking a bit worried now. Her father stepped up nose to nose and looked Ryan in the eyes, not backing down. "A hate crime suggests zat zee crime is against anoser person. You... That whore..." He said, pointing at Veronica. "You are not people. You are dirt." He said, his words so angrily said that his spit flew across Ryan's face.

Veronica's mother began to tug on her husband's jacket. "We should leave..."

More and more people gathered. Some of them being obvious mutants.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:19 am

Ryan just wiped at the spit on his face, looking bemused. Waiting. "I'll thank you to not talk about your daughter that way, sir," he said with an insufferable smile.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:22 am

It wasn't the words that got to him. It was that smile. It made him snap and he ripped his arm away from his wife and swung it towards Ryan's face. Hard. There was no real warning of it to anyone else, but Ryan was likely expecting it from the beginning. It came wide and angrily, no real technique to it, but a hell of a lot of rage.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:28 am

And Ryan let it hit him. Oh, he rode it back, minimized the damage, but he let the guy hit him right in the face. He staggered back a few before he regained his balance, rubbing his face where he'd been hit. "Not bad. What do you do when you want to hurt someone, though?" He quipped, walking back to where he'd been standing.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:33 am

The man was beyond reason now, leaping onto Ryan like a wild animal. It was a mix between a tackle and a flailing angry leap as he flew at Ryan.

His wife whipped out her cell phone, running off to the side and likely calling 999. Veronica had her mouth covered, but there was a very, very obvious snap in her own self as she saw her father hit Ryan.
Last edited by Veronica Glarette on Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:43 am

Ryan fell under the man, not liking this development, but he'd gotten in too deep to back out now. He let the man hit him once, then another time. Three hits was apparently Ryan's limit, because that was when he threw a punch right up at Mr. Glarette's face.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Next

Return to London