What Goes Around...

Located on the River Thames, London has been a major settlement for two millennia. The low-income borough of Lambeth has been largely taken over by London's mutant population and is now known as Mutant Town.

Re: What Goes Around...

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:52 am

Mr. Glarette took the hit to the face with a grunt, holding his nose and falling back off of Ryan. Veronica began to move forward towards Ryan to help him, a fierce protective instinct kicking in. The crowd was murmuring excitedly, happily, as Mr. Glarette took the hit. Apparently he wasn't the favorite.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:01 pm

"Did someone call 999?" Ryan coughed out as he lunged up, grabbing at Veronica's dad to pin him down or otherwise restrain him. These bruises will so be worth it.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:13 pm

Veronica's mother was glaring death at Ryan. She had certainly called 999, but wasn't about to speak up about it. One of the onlookers that Ryan may recognize as someone he's seen around Mutant Town and the clubs chimed in. "I got ya."

Mr. Glarette was definitely struggling against Ryan, his nose bleeding. He had hit one of those rage points where you only see red, hear red, feel red. He was trying his best to reach for his pocket, for whatever reason. Probably not good.

Veronica stepped up to her mother, saying a few lovely choice words to her in French.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:31 am

Ryan was holding him as immoble as he could, having hit that sweet spot where he'd gotten to punch the jerk without it looking like he'd had any choice and not wanting to make anything escalate against him. He really couldn't tell what the guy was doing, he was just making sure he couldn't hit him. "Veronica, don't antagonize the bigots, please."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:35 am

Veronica stopped speaking to her mother and turned to Ryan, releasing her breath. "My apologies." As she turned, her eyes widened, staring at her father's hand. Apparently, Mr. Glarette had fished a small pistol out of his pocket and into his hand. It wasn't anything crazy, just a small personal concealed pistol. But...it was definitely a gun. "Get...away...from...my...wife." He heaved, his voice sounding much more strained through the broken nose. He wasn't pointing it at anyone just yet.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:49 am

"Enough!" Ryan's eyes flashed, though the man couldn't see it, and he blasted him square in the back of the head, energy lancing out from his eyes. He hadn't wanted to use his power, but if he was going to leave him no choice like this? Well, so be it.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:32 am

The blast of energy knocked Mr. Glarette out cold, causing the pistol to drop to the ground. Veronica's mother screamed out in a panic, running up to Ryan and her husband and beginning to tug on the unconscious man, screaming at Ryan. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?!"

The rest of the crowd didn't seem all too concerned, a few of them just shaking their heads at the stupidity of the old man. Veronica stood there agape. Whether she was upset at what just happened or not, it wasn't too clear as of yet.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:41 am

Ryan had the common decency to lay him down carefully, taking the gun from his hand and utterly ignoring his wife. He unloaded the gun and tossed it on the ground, clip one place, gun another, really not wanting the cops to find him with it. Then he looked back at Veronica, a look that asked if she was all right without trying to shout over her mother.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:59 am

The wife was freaking out over her husband, thinking he was dead. She held him in her arms, rocking him back and forth, making herself look even worse than she did before. Veronica, on the other hand, walked up to Ryan and very carefully, gently looked over his face. She didn't seem to care about touching him, all that mattered at that moment was checking him over and making sure he was okay. It was still hard to gauge her reaction to it all right now.

The police arrived, looking at the unconscious man with the sobbing woman, then the gun, then Ryan, with a questioning glance.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:09 am

Ryan gave Veronica a tired, somewhat forced smile through his sore face, then turned to the police. He showed them empty hands and nodded at Mr. Glarette. "This man assaulted me, and was brandishing a weapon at her," he said, indicating Veronica. "And yes, I'll be pressing charges." He was, however, ready for the cops to try to take him into custody. It was generally how these things went.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:54 am

One of the officers looked to Veronica, as if asking for confirmation. She nodded. Her mother, however, became completely hysterical. "He ATTACKED my husband! Look what he DID to him! That...that thing did something to him!" She sobbed, pointing to Ryan. A few members of the crowd, specifically mutants stepped forward, one of them, the one who called, speaking up. "I was the one that called. You need witnesses?"

The cop that looked in charge nodded, speaking into his walkie. Likely calling for an ambulance to check on the unconscious man. He turned to Ryan and Veronica, motioning them to follow. "Gonna need you to come with me." The other officers split, each one beginning to talk with witnesses about what happened. One officer in particular had the unlucky job of talking to the wife, who was in hysterics and not leaving her husband's side.

The officer that was with Ryan and Veronica lead them to one of the cars.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:58 am

Ryan waited until they were in the car before he said anything. "Sorry. This isn't how I expected the date to turn out," he said to her.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:05 am

She reached for his hand and gave it a squeeze. "Please do not apologize. None off zis is your fault whatsoever. Even if you were egging him on a bit," She said quietly, a small smile on her face. It was finally clear how she felt about the situation. She looked stronger, sitting up straighter and seeming more confident. "Zee night is not over just yet. I fully expect dessert, since you mentioned eet. Even if eet is just cookies we find in zee kitchens back home."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:08 am

"Oh, I'll give you desert all right," Ryan said, deadpan, waiting for her to catch the innuendo. And, when the cop got into the car, he went quiet.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:17 am

She got the innuendo right off the bat and she was definitely blushing bright red. As the cop drove them to the station, it was quiet between them all. If Ryan was listening, he'd hear the sound of the radio clearly with her father's name being stated from one of the officers that likely had got a hold of an ID. The dispatcher responded with his priors, which included domestic assault and possession of an illegal firearm. Apparently this wasn't his first time with a gun. If Veronica heard, she didn't seem to pay attention to it.

As they arrived at the station, Veronica and Ryan were split as the officers took full statements. Both were taken to a separate interview room where the officers did the routine of getting ID, pat downs, etc.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:29 am

Ryan, with Veronica gone, wasted no time in presenting his SHIELD credentials for identification and, when they'd recovered from the probably shock, and when he'd driven home which codes it was against for them to reveal his status as an agent, offered his full cooperation. Said cooperation involved giving them his clearances to use nonlethal force when attacked, an abbreviated rundown of what he'd done to the man (with a lot of 'the doctors will tell you, he's perfectly fine'), and an account of the incident, pretty much exactly as it'd happened, minus the bits in languages he didn't know. All of which would be easily corroborated by any witness that didn't lie.

His only real regret was that he couldn't see Mr. Glarette and wave to him on his way out to meet or wait for Veronica.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:38 am

Veronica had been waiting in one of the seats. For some reason, she looked a bit down, thinking deeply. Ryan would have noticed one of other interview room doors was now shut, likely holding someone inside. Judging from how Veronica seemed, it was safe to conclude her mother was probably inside. Once Veronica saw Ryan, she wiped the expression off her face immediately and stood up, smiling and stepping over to him. "You are free to leave?"
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:41 am

He smiled back and shrugged a little. "Wasn't ever really a doubt, was there?" he teased. As he walked over to her, he put his arm around her, giving her a one-armed hug, not having missed any of that expression when he'd come in.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:48 am

The hug seemed to get to her a bit, and she looked like she was actually about to cry, but she managed to keep her composure. "None at all." Looking down a bit, she chuckled softly. "My moser has established to me zat she regrets zee day I was born. A very swift change from a year ago when she said to me how proud she was off me for all my accomplishments. Truly astonishing, I sink," She remarked, leaning into the hug.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:15 am

Ryan closed his eyes a moment, then kissed the top of her head. "Let's get the hell out of here before anyone else comes out," he suggested.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:21 am

"I can agree to zat," she said as they departed. "I told zem about how he has always been. Zey said eet is likely he will not be out anytime soon. A relieving sought."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:24 am

"I told them I'd be pressing charges, but I don't know if I'm really going to bother. Kind of a lot of hassle just for him." He looked at his jacked, the only part of his outfit that hadn't been messed up that day. Screw it. "Put this on," he said as they walked out the door.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:33 am

"He is not wors eet." She slipped the jacket on without question, holding it close to her. Even if it was big on her, she still looked good in it! Adorable, even. "I am sorry zat sings happened zee way zey did," she said, looking to his face and wincing. "Mon dieu, zat has to hurt."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:38 am

"I've had worse," he said. As they walked out into the open, he seemed to stretch as his wings spread into being behind him, flexing as if they'd been cramped in their non-existence. He didn't look like his normal schmoozing public self, though. There was something... confidently imposing in his stride. This was Hero Ryan, not Public Figure Ryan.

And, probably drawing a lot of gazes, he scooped her up and took to the air with her, rising up over London.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:55 am

"Well I imagine so, mais perhaps you sho-" And up she was scooped! As they rose, she had the biggest smile on her face, hugging to Ryan. How could she *not* smile? She absolutely adored the feeling of flying with him. Even though the encounter with her parents had left her feeling a bit worthless and low on the inside, she couldn't help but feel better. If he was trying to make her smile, he succeeded with flying colors. ((No pun intended there. My bad.))
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:59 am

He was careful not to touch her skin as they flew. He was always careful about that, even if she did have her power dampener bracelet on. "Let them say what they want," he murmured close to her ear as they flew. "Their lives are going to be much, much less for shutting you out of it, and yours will only get better without the weight around your neck."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:05 am

She hugged tighter to him a bit in response. "Your words mean more to me zen you realize, Ryan," she murmured back. "Eet is almost a sense off closure, I suppose. I had wondered if zey had second soughts about sings. Now zat I know zey are content wisout me in zere lives, I can move on, myself."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:10 am

He nodded. "Don't look back," he suggested. "They gave up any right to make you cry when they threw you out."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:16 am

"Once more, Ryan, you are right," she said with a smile, quickly sneaking a kiss on his cheek. "Sank you for being zere for me. When I sought I could not stand strong anymore, you helped me find zee strengs."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:18 am

"I have this thing about people who like to fall back on domestic violence. Makes me want to find a way to punch them in the face," he said. "And you know, I don't know what I expected, but I don't think I've ever had meeting a girlfriend's family go that spectacularly badly. New record," he added musingly.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:22 am

"I sink eet went well, actually. I mean, clearly zey knew off you. Faser clearly could not keep his hands off you, Moser obviously was in hysterics wis happiness..." Now she was just being a smart ass. "Truly, eet was not as bad as you make eet sound. We should send zem a beautiful holiday card wis zee two off us in a picture, non? Zey would adore eet, I sink."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:23 am

Ryan smirked. "Let's not put a return address, though. My face can only take so much stupid from your dad," he joked. Ow.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:28 am

"Speaking off, I was saying before, maybe you should get sings looked at? I do not sink anysing is broken, but you should ice sings to keep zee swelling down. His hits come hard."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:38 am

He looked at her steadily at that. "So that wasn't the first time," he said darkly, as someone does when they hadn't wanted to be right about something. "Maybe I should have broken his wrist instead of knocking him out."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:45 am

"Well, non. Eet is expected, I suppose. Eet is never just a one time sing. And...I do not sink breaking his wrist would have helped matters, even if I would have been happy deep down to see him unable to strike anyone anymore for a time. You breaking his nose was enough." She half-joked, trying to make light of the situation.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:31 am

He chuckled. "So how did that start, anyway? I could only get the attitudes, since it was all in French."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:52 am

"I saw zem at zee table on my way to zee ladies room. From what I could tell, moser had already seen me, judging by her avoiding look. I decided zat zen was zee only time I would be able to tell her what eet was she did not want to be true. Before I was kicked out, I was able to see zat faser was unfaithful to her. So..." She got the smallest hint of a smile. "I told her. Right zere, right zen."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:56 am

Ryan almost said something about her timing, then bit his tongue. Instead, he went with his reason for biting his tongue. "That took some courage," he said, remembering her father's short-fuse temper (and his swinging arm).
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:49 am

"Well, I originally had sought she deserved to know. Now, I am wondering if perhaps ignorance would have been bliss for her. I used to look up to her." She shakes her head at the thought. "Anyway, yes, a lot off courage. I sought perhaps I had zee safety off public on my side, being in zee restaurant. Zat went well," she said with a chuckle.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:55 am

"Can't say I have any complaints," he admitted. "Best beating I've ever let someone give me."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

PreviousNext

Return to London