Destiny awaits

Located on the River Thames, London has been a major settlement for two millennia. The low-income borough of Lambeth has been largely taken over by London's mutant population and is now known as Mutant Town.

Destiny awaits

Postby Victoria Valentine » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:54 am

Victoria, as ordered, arrived at the Hellfire Club. This time it was in her own car, which she had the valet park. Her attire was different as well, a light gown, her jewelry sparse, but pointed, with arcane symbols here and there. Still elegant, but everything about her would shout 'witch' to anyone either in the know or paranoid that goth girls would put spells on you. Clothes were, after all, a statement. If she'd come dressed as any good Hellfire peon would, it would have said something. If she'd come dressed like she'd seen her sister do on occasion, it would have said something else. She wasn't about to get all up in their face that she was her own person and didn't have any intention of being her sister, that would be pointlessly confrontational when they might not have any such notions in their heads. This got the point across quite well without being so... uncouth.

She presented herself at the door, letting the porter know that she was expected.
Victoria Valentine
XU Student

Re: Destiny awaits

Postby Margali Szardos » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:17 pm

She was ushered in and lead further into the mansion into a room that appeared to be a mixture of a library and sitting room. There she was told to wait. After a couple of minutes Margali stepped into the room from a different door than Victoria had entered through.

"Ah, I you could make it. Splendid." She eyes Victoria briefly, noting the choice in clothing and presumably drawing the right conclusion regarding the message Victoria intended to send.
Margali Szardos

Postby Victoria Valentine » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:35 pm

"I do try not to disappoint when I've raised expectations" Victoria mused, curtsying as might be expected to one's mistress. "I trust that tonight will prove... interesting?"
Victoria Valentine
XU Student

Postby Margali Szardos » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:52 pm

"Don't get your expectations up too high just yet. But you're here so we can have a bit more of an unrestrained talk without having to dance around the obvious to accommodate the rich and self-important sheep. I have recommended you as Black Bishop to the rest of the Inner Circle, but you're not the only hopeful."
Margali Szardos

Postby Victoria Valentine » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:03 pm

"I think that you'll know that I don't mind competition. Keeps things much more... lively than when things are just handed to you."
Victoria Valentine
XU Student

Postby Margali Szardos » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:14 pm

"That's what I like about you, Victoria. You understand the game and appreciate it for what it is. One of your competitors is here tonight, the other is playing on another playing field and you shouldn't concern yourself with him. It's an issue of internal debate and one I aim to solve in favor of my candidates."
Margali Szardos

Postby Victoria Valentine » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:17 pm

"So this is another candidate of yours?" Victoria said. "I do suppose that the best idea is always to leave yourself no losing option. No matter." If Victoria was less than confident, it wasn't showing.
Victoria Valentine
XU Student

Postby Margali Szardos » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:27 pm

"He's another follower of the Winding Way and I won't insult you by pretending this isn't working in my own interest on several levels. I prefer to keep some amount of control over those promising enough to rise high. It keeps those gathering their strength just below me occupied with more pressing matters."
Margali Szardos

Postby Victoria Valentine » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:49 pm

"Is he before me or behind me," Victoria asked, rather needing to know if this was a sorceror whom she'd already dueled for a standing on the way, it if it was someone looking for payback.
Victoria Valentine
XU Student

Postby Margali Szardos » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:53 pm

"Ahead of you, but I don't think you have had the pleasure yet."
Margali Szardos

Postby Victoria Valentine » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:05 am

Oooh, so many opportunities tonight.
I'm at an ebb in my power. Moving ahead won't be easy.
But who ever said I'm easy?
Aside from everyone?
Shut up.

"Well, this should be quite an... auspicious night on quite a few levels, then," Victoria mused.
Victoria Valentine
XU Student

Postby Margali Szardos » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:14 am

"I don't particularly care for fights happening in here, regardless of whether they're fought in the Astral or not. This is neutral ground between members and hopefuls. And I don't intend to hinge any decisions on who is ahead on the Path at this time regardless. That's not to say you aren't free to try and place yourself in a more advantageous position going forward."
Margali Szardos

Postby Victoria Valentine » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:04 am

"I've found that men when put in their place tend to force that issue at some point. I'm just being realistic," Victoria reassured her.
Victoria Valentine
XU Student

Postby Margali Szardos » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:41 am

Margali let's out a faint chuckle. "Maybe so. Still, he currently has little to gain from challenging you on the Winding Path. Maybe it's time for you to meet so I won't have to repeat myself going forward." she says, walking over to one of the doors and opens it.
Margali Szardos

Postby Victoria Valentine » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:10 pm

Victoria nodded, watching the door with a somewhat distant look, ready to betray nothing in her expression.
Victoria Valentine
XU Student

Postby Ignacio Magana » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:38 pm

In the room beyond, a young man is lounging on the lavish furniture of the club. He straightens up as the door opens, and looks to Margali.

"Ah, I was beginning to wonder if this was a test," he says with a rakish smirk.
Ignacio Magana

Postby Margali Szardos » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:43 pm

"Merely leveling the playing field before putting the pieces on the board." she says, gesturing for Victoria to step through the door before following the pale witch. "Victoria Valentine, Ignacio Magana." she introduces them.
Margali Szardos

Postby Ignacio Magana » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:59 pm

"This club does so love its chess references," he chuckles, rising to his feet to meet Victoria.
Ignacio Magana

Postby Victoria Valentine » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:38 pm

"How else can they let the pawns know where they stand?" Victoria said with a sly smile, offering him her hand.

Urge to fight... falling.
Shut up. I'm not a slave to hormones.
I'm not?
No, I'm not.
Victoria Valentine
XU Student

Postby Margali Szardos » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:49 pm

"Yet a pawn can be promoted. Which is why we're here today."
Margali Szardos

Postby Ignacio Magana » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:03 pm

"I don't suppose those have been in the family awhile?" He says with a faint smirk, his eyes on her jewelry as he shakes her hand.
Ignacio Magana

Postby Victoria Valentine » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:19 pm

"Heirlooms are a luxury that some of us forego," Victoria mused, smirking back. And I wonder where your path has wound from...
Victoria Valentine
XU Student

Postby Ignacio Magana » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:29 pm

"Magi don't come from money," he chuckles. "If we did, why would we be willing to risk it?"
Ignacio Magana

Postby Victoria Valentine » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:59 pm

"Because everone wants more of something," Victoria answered.
Victoria Valentine
XU Student

Postby Ignacio Magana » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:37 pm

"I find the ones that are really hungry for it come from... humbler backgrounds."
Ignacio Magana

Postby Margali Szardos » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:10 pm

"Well then, now that we're all acquainted we can move on to the matter at hand. Two candidates for one empty seat. You have both shown a lot of promise and I don't doubt that you are both capable of maneuvering among the upper echelons of society. I could pit you against each other but that is uninspired and a fight that may happen on it's own in due time. The Hellfire Club is not connected to the Winding Way and I don't wish to equate the two. So I posit the two of you a challenge. Impress me however you feel is adequate. You may enlist help, you may try more than one thing, you may try to sabotage each other's attempts. The only rule is that you do not compromise me or the Club in any way."
Margali Szardos

Postby Victoria Valentine » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:12 am

"Mm, suppose I should have paced myself more lately, leave some project undone to use for this," Victoria mused with a little smirk. "No matter, opportunity provides."
Victoria Valentine
XU Student

Postby Ignacio Magana » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:14 am

"I think this will take more than pet projects, yes?" He chuckles.
Ignacio Magana

Postby Margali Szardos » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:20 am

"I'd rather hope for things that you weren't planning on doing already anyway for the sake of convenience."
Margali Szardos

Postby Victoria Valentine » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:39 am

"And you know that I endeavor to please," Victoria said, not elaborating any further.
Victoria Valentine
XU Student

Postby Margali Szardos » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:21 am

"I don't doubt that. Nor do I expect you to have something prepared right here and now."
Margali Szardos

Postby Victoria Valentine » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:17 pm

"But in good time, naturally, yes. Well, this should be a profitable endeavor on all sides," Victoria decided, looking unruffled.
Victoria Valentine
XU Student

Postby Margali Szardos » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:10 pm

"It doesn't have to be profitable, but of course that is always welcome."
Margali Szardos

Postby Ignacio Magana » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:41 pm

"It all depends on what you think impresses her, yes?"
Ignacio Magana

Postby Victoria Valentine » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:59 pm

Victoria gave Ignacio an indulgent smile. "Well naturally, yes."

She didn't specifically we weren't ALLOWED to kill him...
Shut up, I don't do that.
Yet. I don't do that yet.
Yes, ye- NO. We're not killing him.
Victoria Valentine
XU Student

Postby Margali Szardos » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:17 pm

"Now then, with business out of the way we should celebrate our two candidates."
Margali Szardos

Postby Victoria Valentine » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:22 pm

Victoria found herself slightly amused that the outside candidate wasn't even a consideration now, but agreed. "I'm never opposed to a celebration."
Victoria Valentine
XU Student

Return to London