I1: Insider Trading

Located on the River Thames, London has been a major settlement for two millennia. The low-income borough of Lambeth has been largely taken over by London's mutant population and is now known as Mutant Town.

I1: Insider Trading

Postby Narrator » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:49 pm

A monitor is showing two feeds of security camera inside a tube station. They're both paused on a frame showing John walking through the station. Next to it a window is open displaying various status symbols, one of which just turned red and flickered to OFFLINE.
Narrator
The Architect of Your Misery

Re: I1: Insider Trading

Postby Yui Kumo » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:50 pm

"So much for your foolproof system." Yui points out, sounding strangely smug despite the disruption of their plans.
Yui Kumo

Postby Zeke Stane » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:55 pm

"Oh shut up, Kumo. God damnit! Should have just sealed the damn place up entirely." Zeke Stane mutters as he's typing away on his computer.

"It's still fine, it's all under control still." he mostly talks to himself in an attempt to calm himself down. "Most of the reallocation is done already and he can't change that. The plan is still good, it just might take a little extra nudge to finish things off. Phase 3 is still good to go once the device goes online."
Zeke Stane

Postby Yui Kumo » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:00 pm

"It better be. I think your fool-proof technology just proved that it's not as reliable as you might want it to be." she says, still sounding vaguely amused at Stane's expense.
Yui Kumo

Postby Zeke Stane » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:03 pm

"Laugh it up, but you're the one who thought it'd be sensible to strip them of their fortune and resources before coming after them."
Zeke Stane

Postby Yui Kumo » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:11 pm

"That's just called being sensible, Stane. You should try it sometime."
Yui Kumo

Postby Zeke Stane » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:15 pm

"It's. Under. Control." he presses out, one hand balled into a fist. "I'll change the programming of the other device and we'll delay Phase 3 a couple days to accommodate, it'll be fine. Someone should probably inform the Black Queen, just in case."
Zeke Stane

Postby Yui Kumo » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:16 pm

"That sounds like an honor that should be all yours, seeing how this is your fault."
Yui Kumo

Postby Zeke Stane » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:23 pm

"God damnit..." he mutters under his breath. "Alright, alright, just fuck off and let me take care of this." he says, ignoring Yui and her amused smirk as she leaves the room and bringing up a video conference. He drums his fingers on the desk as he waits for the signal to go through and the other end to be picked up, a graphic on the screen tracing a dotted line to South-East Asia. After a while the graphic is replaced with the view of a luxurious room cast mostly in shadows, in the background a large window is showing the night as illuminated by the lights of Madripoor's Hightown skyline. The figure in front of the screen is wearing a black veil that only shows the hint of a pale face underneath. Zeke straightens himself and begins to fill the figure in on the situation...
Zeke Stane

Return to London