I13DT: The Shadow Over Thornhurst

Scenes taking place outside of London or Muir, but still on the Islands.

Re: I13DT: The Shadow Over Thornhurst

Postby Will Stanton » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:28 am

Will slammed off the sword, hurtling for the nearest wall.

He then bounced OFF the nearest wall, and rocketed back towards the armor dude's face again!
PLASTICINE
Will Stanton
XU Student

Postby Stan Bowen » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:50 pm

Stan backed up at the same rate detective Tereshchenko advanced, aiming to draw him away from the pack.

"You helped us out.. You don't need to do this."
Stan Bowen
Faculty

Postby Nash Riley » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:21 pm

Nash followed Stan's lead for now, backing up as well.

He whispered to Stan "Are we going to try and restrain him without injuring him too much?"
Nash Riley
XU Student

Postby Narrator » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:54 pm

Sara Stanton wrote:Sara pulls her arm back and whips it forward, letting go of some of the stone she's absorbed in the form of a chunk of rock twice the size of Blauvelt's head that she flings at him and his hair, hoping he'll focus on stopping that instead of grabbing her.

"Catch!"

Blauvelt's animated hair does grab the rock, but he uses the momentum to whip himself around and swing the rock like a horizontal wrecking ball. He certainly has some serious neck strength.

Theresa McMasters wrote:The air in front of Theresa rapidly cools, blunting the heat of the blast without eliminating it entirely. Theresa manages to dodge to the side, still getting singed in the bolt's passing. She grabs a hold of the instability caused by the heated bolt passing through the cooled air and rips it into a miniature tornado like one would start a chainsaw. "The weather always knows how to use the sun," she said, launching the spinning whirlwind towards Yellow.

Yellow smirks and sends a beam of light at the ceiling. A large metal-coated stalactite impales the ground, sheared by an intense heat, and the whirlwind breaks around it. "You will have to try harder little girl," she dares before breaking into a run towards Theresa.

Will Stanton wrote:Will slammed off the sword, hurtling for the nearest wall.

He then bounced OFF the nearest wall, and rocketed back towards the armor dude's face again!

"Clay man leave Igor's face alone!" Red bellows, smoke curling out of his nostrils before he breathes a gout of flames at Will.

Stan Bowen wrote:Stan backed up at the same rate detective Tereshchenko advanced, aiming to draw him away from the pack.

"You helped us out.. You don't need to do this."

Tereshchenko doesn't seem to register the statement and only marches faster for a moment before charging at Stan and Niles.
Narrator
The Architect of Your Misery

Postby Theresa McMasters » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:06 pm

"So ignorant and a puppet? Your life blows," she said, ripping the broken whirlwind around into straight force winds aimed at Yellow's back.
Theresa McMasters
XU Student

Postby Will Stanton » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:08 pm

Will was not really in a great position to dodge the flames, and so put his hands in front of his face as he was bathed in fire.

A slightly charred and harder Will slammed heavily into Ivan's face before falling to the floor.
PLASTICINE
Will Stanton
XU Student

Postby Sara Stanton » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:13 pm

Narrator wrote:Blauvelt's animated hair does grab the rock, but he uses the momentum to whip himself around and swing the rock like a horizontal wrecking ball. He certainly has some serious neck strength.

Sara braces herself for the impact and takes the boulder right into the shoulder. It knocks her down but the rock also seems to stick to her and get absorbed back in, right along with Blauvelt's hair.

"Gotcha." she grins through the pain of the impact and reaches up with her hand to grab a hold of the trapped strand of hair and reel the German in.
Sara Stanton
XI Student

Postby Stan Bowen » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:01 pm

Nash Riley wrote:Nash followed Stan's lead for now, backing up as well.

He whispered to Stan "Are we going to try and restrain him without injuring him too much?"

Stan nodded slightly, not taking his eyes off Tereshchenko.

When he charged, Stan waited to the last second before dodging, and pushing his opponent up against the wall.

"Please don't, detective.."
Stan Bowen
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:54 pm

Theresa McMasters wrote:"So ignorant and a puppet? Your life blows," she said, ripping the broken whirlwind around into straight force winds aimed at Yellow's back.

Yellow must have some sense for temperature shifts, because she tucks into a roll just in time to ride out the gust. Without ever stopping, she springs up and into a somersault followed by a flying sweep kick at Theresa's head.

Will Stanton wrote:Will was not really in a great position to dodge the flames, and so put his hands in front of his face as he was bathed in fire.

A slightly charred and harder Will slammed heavily into Ivan's face before falling to the floor.

Igor shakes off his brief disorientation and touches his split lip before growling with anger. The wound closes by itself as the hulking warrior kicks Will.

Sara Stanton wrote:Sara braces herself for the impact and takes the boulder right into the shoulder. It knocks her down but the rock also seems to stick to her and get absorbed back in, right along with Blauvelt's hair.

"Gotcha." she grins through the pain of the impact and reaches up with her hand to grab a hold of the trapped strand of hair and reel the German in.

Blauvelt plays along, staring into Sara's eyes as he is pulled close. His eyes become snakelike as a psychic suggestion pushes at Sara's will.

"Release me."

Stan Bowen wrote:Stan nodded slightly, not taking his eyes off Tereshchenko.

When he charged, Stan waited to the last second before dodging, and pushing his opponent up against the wall.

"Please don't, detective.."

A dark metal tentacles snakes out Tereshchenko's right wrist and snaps to attempt to wrap tight around Stan's neck.
Narrator

Postby Sara Stanton » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:58 pm

Sara is stubborn as, well, a rock, so she manages to somewhat resist the psychic suggestion, but her grip still loosens.
Sara Stanton
XI Student

Postby Theresa McMasters » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:02 pm

Narrator wrote:Yellow must have some sense for temperature shifts, because she tucks into a roll just in time to ride out the gust. Without ever stopping, she springs up and into a somersault followed by a flying sweep kick at Theresa's head.

Theresa, apparently concentrating too hard on the wind, misses the blow and catches in the head. It staggers her for a moment as the temperature around Yellow drops precipitously. "Enough," Theresa growls, blood running down the side of her face. The air around Yellow begins to grow dangerously unstable. Her eyes flare even brighter, glowing almost a neon green.
Theresa McMasters
XU Student

Postby Will Stanton » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:46 pm

The kick actually helped Will out some, as it cracked the outer, toasted shell, revealing the clay-like, flowing interior.

Will wrapped himself around the armored golem's legs, looking for seams in the armor.
PLASTICINE
Will Stanton
XU Student

Postby Nash Riley » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:03 pm

Nash pulled a small hand axe out of the side of his backpack and gave a hard swing at the tentacles, unsure if it could actually cut through them.
Nash Riley
XU Student

Postby Stan Bowen » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:31 pm

Stan is unable to dodge the tentacles quickly enough, as they wrap around his neck.

"Please.. Don't.."

He snaps his fingers, instantly transmuting Nash into organic steel to help him out of the predicament..
Stan Bowen
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:58 pm

Sara Stanton wrote:Sara is stubborn as, well, a rock, so she manages to somewhat resist the psychic suggestion, but her grip still loosens.

Blauvelt pulls free with a strong jerk and pouts at his dirtied hair. "I just shampooed too.."

"Now twirl for me."

Theresa McMasters wrote:Theresa, apparently concentrating too hard on the wind, misses the blow and catches in the head. It staggers her for a moment as the temperature around Yellow drops precipitously. "Enough," Theresa growls, blood running down the side of her face. The air around Yellow begins to grow dangerously unstable. Her eyes flare even brighter, glowing almost a neon green.

"I am no one's puppet little girl," Yellow sneers, the heat ratcheting back up as her own eyes glow bright yellow.

Will Stanton wrote:The kick actually helped Will out some, as it cracked the outer, toasted shell, revealing the clay-like, flowing interior.

Will wrapped himself around the armored golem's legs, looking for seams in the armor.

There are seams, but underneath is flesh.

"Get! Off!" Igor yells as he tries knocking and pulling Will off.

Nash Riley wrote:Nash pulled a small hand axe out of the side of his backpack and gave a hard swing at the tentacles, unsure if it could actually cut through them.

Stan Bowen wrote:Stan is unable to dodge the tentacles quickly enough, as they wrap around his neck.

"Please.. Don't.."

He snaps his fingers, instantly transmuting Nash into organic steel to help him out of the predicament..

The axe only makes a partial cut that instantly begins to repair itself. The tentacle around Stan's neck tightens and the other speeds at Nash.
Narrator

Postby Theresa McMasters » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:03 pm

Narrator wrote:"I am no one's puppet little girl," Yellow sneers, the heat ratcheting back up as her own eyes glow bright yellow.

"Wrong move, bitch," Theresa said with a grim grin as the instability, with the added heat, exploded into a miniature lightning storm right around Yellow.
Theresa McMasters
XU Student

Postby Will Stanton » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:12 pm

"The things we do for Britain..." Will mumbled, slipping some clay into the seems and trying to expand, cracking the armor from the inside. You know, like a crab. Probably.
PLASTICINE
Will Stanton
XU Student

Postby Sara Stanton » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:15 pm

Narrator wrote:Blauvelt pulls free with a strong jerk and pouts at his dirtied hair. "I just shampooed too.."

"Now twirl for me."

"Fuck you!" she sneers, but complies and starts twirling around her own axis. But so does the stone floor in a rapidly increasing radius around her, turning into a funnel of quicksand.
Sara Stanton
XI Student

Postby Nash Riley » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:40 pm

Nash instinctively takes a step back and tries to block the tentacle with his arm.

He drops the axe. "Should have know that wouldn't work." Then pulls out a small powered saw with his free hand he goes for the tentacle around Stan's neck first.

*insert high pitched mechanical screeching sound*
Nash Riley
XU Student

Postby Stan Bowen » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:17 pm

Stan choked out a response, still reluctant to end the attack forcefully.

"Detective... We got your letter, Jane Tyler is still missing.. We need your help.."
Stan Bowen
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:01 pm

Theresa McMasters wrote:"Wrong move, bitch," Theresa said with a grim grin as the instability, with the added heat, exploded into a miniature lightning storm right around Yellow.

Yellow screams as she is struck by lightning and crumples to the ground in a smoking heap. She disappears through the metal flooring as if through water. The brainwashed audience boos.

Will Stanton wrote:"The things we do for Britain..." Will mumbled, slipping some clay into the seems and trying to expand, cracking the armor from the inside. You know, like a crab. Probably.

The hard metal resists but eventually gives way. Igor swears in Russian and breathes fire down on Will and himself.

Sara Stanton wrote:"Fuck you!" she sneers, but complies and starts twirling around her own axis. But so does the stone floor in a rapidly increasing radius around her, turning into a funnel of quicksand.

Blauvelt tries to get away but finds his feet stuck. He swears in German and attempts to grab Sara with his hair.

Nash Riley wrote:Nash instinctively takes a step back and tries to block the tentacle with his arm.

He drops the axe. "Should have know that wouldn't work." Then pulls out a small powered saw with his free hand he goes for the tentacle around Stan's neck first.

*insert high pitched mechanical screeching sound*

The tentacle is sheared and pulls back into Tereshchenko's arm. The other tentacle tries to grab Nash...

Stan Bowen wrote:Stan choked out a response, still reluctant to end the attack forcefully.

"Detective... We got your letter, Jane Tyler is still missing.. We need your help.."

...but stops as the detective hesitates.
Narrator

Postby Sara Stanton » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:07 pm

Narrator wrote:Blauvelt tries to get away but finds his feet stuck. He swears in German and attempts to grab Sara with his hair.

Sara grins at him and sinks down into the ground along with Blauvelt, stopping only when he (and his hair) is down to his neck in stone. Slowly pulling herself out from the stone she turns one of her hands into a small obsidian blade.

"I think you're more than due for a haircut."
Sara Stanton
XI Student

Postby Will Stanton » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:10 pm

Will avoided the attack by sliding fully into what was left of the armor, attacking him with repeated blows from the inside. Try fighting him now, armor-dude!
PLASTICINE
Will Stanton
XU Student

Postby Theresa McMasters » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:11 pm

Theresa lifts into the air, a little unsteadily, but not wanting to stay on a field that could just as easily suck her down.
Theresa McMasters
XU Student

Postby Stan Bowen » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:27 pm

"Please, detective.. She needs your help."

Stan looks into his eyes, looking for a spark of humanity left.
Stan Bowen
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:55 pm

Sara Stanton wrote:Sara grins at him and sinks down into the ground along with Blauvelt, stopping only when he (and his hair) is down to his neck in stone. Slowly pulling herself out from the stone she turns one of her hands into a small obsidian blade.

"I think you're more than due for a haircut."

"You will live to regret this, child," Blauvelt says with vicious glare.

Will Stanton wrote:Will avoided the attack by sliding fully into what was left of the armor, attacking him with repeated blows from the inside. Try fighting him now, armor-dude!

Igor bellows furiously and starts punching at himself to get Will. He isn't very bright, is he?

Stan Bowen wrote:"Please, detective.. She needs your help."

Stan looks into his eyes, looking for a spark of humanity left.

Sorrow and guilt show in Tereshchenko's eyes; the look of utter failure.
Narrator

Postby Will Stanton » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:15 pm

Will slid around, encouraging Igor to send blows to particularly vital areas, to knock him out cold.
PLASTICINE
Will Stanton
XU Student

Postby Sara Stanton » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:37 pm

Narrator wrote:"You will live to regret this, child," Blauvelt says with vicious glare.

"That's a risk I'm just going to have to live with." she points out as she cuts off his hair.
Sara Stanton
XI Student

Postby Theresa McMasters » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:49 pm

Theresa hovered up a little, looking out over the arena to make sure there were no more surprises.
Theresa McMasters
XU Student

Postby Stan Bowen » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:56 pm

"Detective.. What happened?" Stan asked, carefully.
Stan Bowen
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:05 pm

Sara Stanton wrote:"That's a risk I'm just going to have to live with." she points out as she cuts off his hair.

The hair is very tough to sever, as it's almost metallic, but not impossible like some prehensile hair. His string of curses is cut short as living metal from the nearby section washes over him.

Will Stanton wrote:Will slid around, encouraging Igor to send blows to particularly vital areas, to knock him out cold.

Igor punches himself hard in several places before Will tricks him into punching himself in the face. The hulking brute hits the floor, which starts pulling him under.

Theresa McMasters wrote:Theresa hovered up a little, looking out over the arena to make sure there were no more surprises.

The figure in the observation deck does something with a control panel.

Stan Bowen wrote:"Detective.. What happened?" Stan asked, carefully.

"K-killed... h... aargh!" Tereshchenko struggles out before clutching his head in sudden pain.
Narrator

Postby Theresa McMasters » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:13 pm

Theresa flies towards the observation deck, agitating the air inside the observation deck as she goes. Clouds start forming inside and charge begins building in the air.
Theresa McMasters
XU Student

Postby Will Stanton » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:15 pm

Will oozed out of Igor's armor, using him as something like a stepping stone over the floor.

He shuddered, looking up to see how Theresa was doing.
PLASTICINE
Will Stanton
XU Student

Postby Sara Stanton » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:16 pm

Sara curses and tries to sink into the floor herself to avoid the surging metal.
Sara Stanton
XI Student

Postby Stan Bowen » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:35 pm

Narrator wrote:"K-killed... h... aargh!" Tereshchenko struggles out before clutching his head in sudden pain.

"No! We're getting through this together, detective..."

Stan Drew one of his hands back, into a fist. It steadily glowed brighter and brighter, before exploding outward in a powerful EMP blast.
Stan Bowen
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:16 pm

Theresa McMasters wrote:Theresa flies towards the observation deck, agitating the air inside the observation deck as she goes. Clouds start forming inside and charge begins building in the air.

Karpov waves at Theresa once before turning and walking into the mist, and metal begins to flow over the window. If she's fast she can probably beat it.

Sara Stanton wrote:Sara curses and tries to sink into the floor herself to avoid the surging metal.

The surge stops just as the observation window begins to close.

Stan Bowen wrote:"No! We're getting through this together, detective..."

Stan Drew one of his hands back, into a fist. It steadily glowed brighter and brighter, before exploding outward in a powerful EMP blast.

Tereshchenko cries out and passes out, slumping to the floor. Curiously, the metal doesn't try to claim him as it did the others.
Narrator

Postby Sara Stanton » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:19 pm

Sara pulls herself out of the ground once more and looks around.

"Everybody in one piece?"
Sara Stanton
XI Student

Postby Theresa McMasters » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:21 pm

Theresa rips the cloud into a storm, letting it vent its fury on the observation deck as she floats back down towards the others. She touched the side of her head gingerly, "Nothing broken, I think."
Theresa McMasters
XU Student

Postby Stan Bowen » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:29 pm

Stan nods, cradling the unconscious investigator.

"Stay close- the environment is mailable, as we have seen."
Stan Bowen
Faculty

Postby Will Stanton » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:32 pm

"Right...how do we get up there?" Will said, looking for a staircase or something for access.
PLASTICINE
Will Stanton
XU Student

PreviousNext

Return to The British Isles