Eyes Opened- Nice, France

Mainland Europe, North America, Genosha and the rest of the World.

Re: Eyes Opened- Nice, France

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:47 am

She kneeled down messing with the bottoms of her pants around the hem. At this point they were soaked and that apparently bothered her. Not wanting them to get even more wet from the snow, (or worse, muddy), she began rolling them up looking towards the entrance of the alleyway and motioning towards it. "I see no one, so I expect no troubles again. Main problem area is zee Promenade des Anglais, so we should be safe walking back." Her eyes rested on one of the feathers that landed on the ground. She would really love to have one as a keepsake in case she never saw this man again. Maybe it would bring back memories to her later down the road if she ever was confused about things. However, she didn't want to come across as creepy either. She watched to see if he looked away.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:49 am

Ryan, being the responsible bodyguard he was, was taking a look outside the alley for anyone that might give them trouble. "I don't expect much trouble if there is anyone, but it's probably better for me to not cause a commotion. If we run into anyone, just get some distance between us and let me deal with them."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:57 am

That was her chance, and so she took it, gently plucking one of the fallen feathers and placing it in the pages of her journal. Taking out a pen, she wrote down the time: 11:49pm. If he saw her with her journal out, she hoped he would just assume she was writing the time again. Quickly, she closed the book and stood, making her way beside him. "As you say. Zere would not be much I could do anyway besides translate zere sreats to you." A bit of a smirk at that.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:08 am

He kept watch until she caught up with him, and thus her secret souvenir was safely kept from him. "Well, it would be good to know what it is I'm keeping them from taking," he admitted with a grin. "I'd hate to break someone's nose and find out he was just really insistent on knowing what time it was."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:13 am

A laugh is let loose as she pictures it in her head. She had to admit, it would probably be damn funny and a great story to have later down the road one day if she ever saw him again. Slowly, she began to walk back towards the hotel, keeping close to him and her eyes low once again. "Haf you decided if you will go on zee train or make your way back to...erm..." She acted as if she forgot the city he mentioned, but the truth of it was that she clearly remembered it. Though she faced memory problems for using her powers, she payed extreme attention to detail to make up for it.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:17 am

"Maldon. It depends on if I can get it stored for a few weeks, I think. I've got a few calls I'll have to make to find out." He briefly pictured the conversation that would occur if he asked his CO if it could be picked up to get loaded onto the Helicarrier. He always liked learning new and amusing ways to swear at someone. But no... he would just have to ask X-Corp if they could have it driven to Paris for him later. It'd let him make sure Veronica didn't get hassled on the train, at least.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:24 am

"If you are just wanting to use a business here for storage, zey usually open around nine in zee morning. Plenty off time for rest, non?" Her eyes glanced around the area as they walked, a bit more confidence in her stride now. She felt safe.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:27 pm

"We'll see. I've got some options. It's a long night, I'm not feeling rushed to decide."

"Although it wouldn't be very gentlemanly to not be there to make sure it's all smooth sailing when you get to Paris," he added, 'thoughtfully.'
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:39 pm

She gives a nod, and continues walking along. As they arrive back at the hotel, she gave him a smile. "Rest well. I will see you in zee morning." Turning to head to her own room, she raised a hand in farewell to him, calling over her shoulder. "And sank you for zee ride tonight as well as you know, catching me."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:28 pm

He smiled back as he turned down the hall for his room. "Any time... sleep well, Veronica."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:43 pm

Entering the room, she shut and locked the door behind her, smiling to herself. It amazed her how quickly things had just turned around. Before that night, she had no idea what she was to do in her situation. To think that there really were people out there who understood and were willing to help...it gave her more hope for humanity. Sure, not everyone was so great, but she liked to believe those that helped overwrote the cruelties some people could commit.

She plopped down on the bed and...holy cow it was comfortable. Hell, it may have even felt better than her bed at home. Before she fell asleep, she made sure to record all of the day's events into her journal, less of a narrative and more of a detailed list of names, times, and descriptions. The feather she used as her new bookmark. She set the alarm: 6:00am, just in time for breakfast, then curled into a ball, falling asleep.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:29 pm

Ryan locked the door behind him and sighed, leaning back against the door. He needed to get out of this country. The little stint in the alley had been fine, but he needed to stretch his wings, it was like his power was bursting to get out. He wanted to fly, to feel the world singing beneath him, around him. This restraint... well, he'd never been one for restraint, had he?

He pulled off his shirt, sighing in relief as his wings stretched out from his back. At least... it had been good to see her start to smile. He chuckled quietly at the thought as he laid down on the bed, his wings wrapping over him as he dozed off.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:49 pm

Morning came around quickly, though she still felt as if she had slept ages. She felt somehow renewed. Not just from the sleep, but generally relieved and relaxed. As if that morning she woke up, her eyes were opening anew. She stretched, then popped in the shower. Even better. She wasn't one for a lot of makeup, nor doing much to fix her hair. It was basically just a 'shower and go' kind of thing. Making her way to the little dining area, she grabbed a cup of hot tea and a bagel. Perfect. This was a great start to the morning. Pulling out her phone, she posted a little status update on her blog.

Things are starting to look up. Hope it stays this way.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Previous

Return to The Rest of the World