Waiting

Space and other Dimensions, whether within the realm of the mind or other, less-savory regions.

Waiting

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Wed May 30, 2012 1:08 pm

Altamira had a red rubber ball.

She threw it against the side of her room.

It bounced back into her hand.

She threw it against the side of her room.

It bounced back into her hand.
Altamira Vazquez

Re: Waiting

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:11 am

The ball took an odd bounce, and went through the doorway.

...The hell?

Mira left the hallway, and went to pick up the ball...when suddenly, her TK surged again, pushing the ball...a little further.

...am I turning into Peter Parker and not knowing it?\

She went, AGAIN, to go pick up the ball, and, again, it started rolling again, down another corridor.

Mira followed...and then stopped, when she heard some voices...
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Narrator » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:34 am

"...orget to feed the Skrull. I don't care if the prisoners on that deck do complain about how bad its food smell!" The raised voice carried through the door, though the arguement that ensued was a bit quieter and was effectively muffled by the door.
Narrator
The Architect of Your Misery

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:46 am

...well, hrm Altamira thought, reaching out with her telepathy to hear more.
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Narrator » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:49 am

The arguement was, honestly, dull to listen to, just a disgruntled low-level person complaining to his boss and being told to do his damn job. Which in this case, included taking care of the Skrull. Which was a prisoner. Two levels below her, in the middle of the section of the ship she hadn't been shown through.
Narrator

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:12 am

...I'm fairly sure the Phoenix has access to everything.

...Fairly sure...

Mira crept along, trying to avoid running into people as she tried to find a way down, WITHOUT causing too much attention.
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Narrator » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:32 am

While the ways around hadn't been shown to her, with a little poking and looking it wasn't too hard for her to find where the corridors would give access to those places were. Getting down the lifts was another matter, but she WAS the Phoenix, and psychically screening her presence wasn't too terribly much of a problem.
Narrator

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:00 am

Ok.... Altamira said, continuing to go, looking for...well, anything interesting.
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Narrator » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:49 am

And, eventually, as she looked around amongst the prisoners, both dangerous looking and not so dangerous looking, she would eventually find a cell that had a Skrull in it.

And if she looked closely at the Skrull, she would notice that it was Nerr'g, the Skrull that had brought her her food. Oddly, he was wearing an inhibitor collar.
Narrator

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:21 am

"Well, how on earth did you get HERE, little man?"
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Narrator » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:28 am

With her telepathy unfettered, there was no trouble in Mira conversing with the Skrull this time. She could easily understand what his non-English words meant, under the overtone of regret and shame that covered his mind. "I... Can change my mass. Shrunk down in the explosion... Grabbed hold of your boot as they took you. They never expected one of us to disgrace our people by being captured, didn't find me until you had left the ship again."
Narrator

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:40 pm

"You're gonna have to slow down and go back to the beginning, skippy, I hardly understand you as it is.

Can you give me more detail?"
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Narrator » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:08 pm

"Detail about what?" the Skrull asked, rather dejectedly.
Narrator

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:48 pm

"How about why you're in this cell, for one."
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Narrator » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:53 pm

He shrugged. "I'm not a believer. I don't follow their creed or have faith in their power... I'm useless to them."
Narrator

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:02 am

"I'm not a believer either, but here I am."
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Narrator » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:33 pm

"You're the Phoenix... Primal force of life... They might be willing to make an exception for you."
Narrator

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:55 pm

"They sure don't treat me like one. They puzzle me, these creatures."
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Narrator » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:51 am

Nerr'g just shook his head. "None of this was supposed to happen. Perhaps being here is just my pennance."
Narrator

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:55 am

"'Supposed' to happen? What was 'supposed' to happen, pray tell?"
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Narrator » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:12 am

"Certain factions within the Imperial army and leadership felt... hoped that perhaps... if we could find the host of the Phoenix, they could be persuaded to help us... restore our worlds, any of them. And..." He hung his head, obviously not proud of what he said next. "...We did, as well."
Narrator

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:46 pm

"And you thought the best way to do this was by attacking her. It's a wonder your worlds need to be restored in the first place."
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Narrator » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:54 pm

"No, we thought that the best way was asking. But... we realized that wasn't an option when we found out that the host was an infant. We attempted to make contact anyway... it was found that you were orphaned, and... some parties decided that the best option would be to take you to be raised on one of our worlds." He shook his head. "We obviously did not agree, but it became clear that our disagreement was not going to stop it from happening. The best that we could find to do was to put our own people into the cohort in charge of gaining the Phoenix and to ensure that someone was on hand to make sure that you were safe."
Narrator

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:44 pm

"Wait, an infant? You tried to capture me only a few weeks ago..."
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Narrator » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:58 pm

He shook his head. "No... was that the first time that someone had tried to abduct you? It was us... always us. At first, we simply tried to take you to have you brought up... Skrull families were screened, evaluated for it, to find families that would raise you well, not as a tool of the state... that was insisted by my people, when our word actually carried weight in the matter. But the Phoenix wouldn't allow you to be taken off the planet easily... it had defenses in place, foiling these efforts. Later we tried to take you, to show you our plight... against your will at first if necessary, because many... if not all were so desperate that the chance you would refuse before seeing our need could not be risked. But... yes, it was always us."

He shook his head. "It was... never supposed to go as far as it did recently. No one was supposed to be hurt... we never wanted the children of the Teacher to be hurt, but they... stopped listening to us."
Narrator

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:00 pm

"The Children of the Teacher?" she asked, trying to ignore, for the moment, that these people ad been trying to kidnap her for her entire life.
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Narrator » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:09 pm

Nerr'g sighed. "Forgotten... but we deserve no less now. My people are genetic deviants of the Skrulls... as your people are of the humans. We met your people decades ago, and your Teacher, the Xavier, came with us for a time to teach us, help us understand ourselves, and we have carried on since he returned to Earth. We... tried to contact him, when things began to go badly, to send some warning, perhaps find some other way, but... we've been unable to contact him for some time. So we've... done the best that we could do to keep some amount of control on the matter, to keep anything truly bad from happening."
Narrator

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:33 pm

"I have no idea why he didn't respond, but didn't you try contacting, you know, anyone else?"
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Narrator » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:46 am

He shook his head. "We did not know anyone else to contact. Our contact with your people before was very limited... It was not until later that we managed to learn your language, and none of your people spoke ours. The only one we knew to contact was the Teacher."

"Once we were on the planet and able to see who we should contact... it became clear that we needed to hide our presence within the group if we weren't going to be removed from it. Three of us tried to break away to warn you and yours... all were caught and punished and returned forcefully to our system before they could. Only I and my brother remained, and we decided that it was too vital that we remained hidden within the group. If those in charge went too far... we were the last who could try to prevent them from harming anyone, or trying to detain you indefinitely." He shook his head, slumping on the cot. "But... all folly. We... should have accepted. Our worlds are gone... we are not worthy of help, of having our worlds restored."
Narrator

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:36 am

"Let me see if I have this straight.

You tried to kidnap me so I could...revive your worlds? Only you and a few people thought it was a bad idea to kidnap me? Something like that? You speak far too vague, Skrull."
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Narrator » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:19 pm

The Skrull nodded. "That exactly. Those of us who are... Mutants," she could tell that the word had almost been 'outcasts', "Did not approve of the methods... But there was nothing to do. And... Admittedly we wanted our home back just as desperately.". The Skrull seemed genuinely ashamed, but honest.
Narrator

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:55 pm

"I can't give you your home back, Skrull. I am sorry."

She meant it.
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Narrator » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:40 pm

The Skrull nodded without looking up at her. "I... do not know if there was more that we could have done to... keep this matter from getting so horribly out of control. Even if there was not... I am sorry. We did not want to let them hurt you or your companions." He sighed. "You... should go. Before they find you speaking with me."
Narrator

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:14 am

"I can't 'go' anywhere. This ship is on an ever-longating spiral to nowhere, it feels. What would they do? Kick me off?"
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Narrator » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:55 pm

"I do not know," he admitted. "I just... do not want any further trouble for you because of me." She could tell that the Skrull had resigned himself to the fact that he was never leaving this ship.
Narrator

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:50 am

"You, uh, haven't caused ANY trouble. Well, other than refusing to turn down the power inhibitor, but I think you got what was coming for you there."
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Narrator » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:09 pm

"You are here, and not on Earth," the Skrull pointed out. "That is trouble enough."
Narrator

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:06 pm

"The Phoenix is not of a planet," she said, mechanically.
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Narrator » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:09 pm

"Then why do you seek to return to one?"
Narrator

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:31 pm

"None of your business!" she snapped, uncharacteristically harsh, turning away abruptly.
Altamira Vazquez

Return to Elsewhere