Getting out of here: Mission

Space and other Dimensions, whether within the realm of the mind or other, less-savory regions.

Postby Rachel O'Brien » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:43 pm

Since there was no chance of them getting out with the Ambassador, Rachel started going through his mind, looking for the information they needed.
Rachel O'Brien
XI Student

Re: Getting out of here: Mission

Postby Narrator » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:51 pm

Rachel would be able to sift through the mind of the panicked ambassador for a moment, getting images of strange golden-armored figures suggesting that the PHoenix could help the Skrulls, and that they would of course help him, for a price, to acquire the Phoenix... and an associated terror that the ambassador had for them now that his people had failed to acquire the Phoenix, and that he-

The thoughts were cut off as the other Skrull, batting aside Daniel's blast of fire, bellowed, "And I believe that you have outlived your usefulness!" The fire, deflected from the skrull, arced around the room to impact the ambassador's head... leaving a very dead skrull on their side of the room, and an obviously dangerous one on the other side of the room.

At this point, Ashlie and Rachel, through sensor output and psychic readings might notice that the thing on the other side of the room wasn't, in fact, a skrull. Rachel would sense that his mind wasn't built like one, and Ashlie would sense some kind of energy field creating an illusion.
Narrator
The Architect of Your Misery

Postby ASHLIE » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:46 am

Holding a now dead ambassador Ashlie decided the best course of action was to hurl the body at the NotSkrull that had killed him, while trying to reconfigure her sensors to adjust for the energy field.
ASHLIE

This is my last resort (MISSION) (cleaning up)

Postby Melody Martens » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:38 pm

"Hey! dickless! Catch!" Melody yelled as she hurled two volleyball sized bombs at the skrull.
Melody Martens
XI Student

Postby Rachel O'Brien » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:41 pm

Rachel, still reeling a little from the ambassador's death, reached out to the not-skrull, or whatever he was, trying to take control of him.
Rachel O'Brien
XI Student

Postby Narrator » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:25 pm

The 'skrull' managed to block the body, but didn't seem to be able to do anything against an explosion that was thrown at it while distracted. The resulting explosion revealed to everyone what Ashlie's sensor's had shown her: The 'skrull' was actually a man in a red bodysuit with gold armor placed over it... not the full and regal sets that Rachel had seen in the ambassador's memories, but obviously of a similar, lighter design.

Rachel would have a few moments to root in his head while he reeled, seeing that he'd been tailing the ambassador for months, meant to clean up loose ends from their involvement with the Skrulls (or, rather, their duping of them). THen as his head cleared, he snarled, "I believe that my mind will be protected from the witch's intrusion!" and Rachel would feel her mind slip off of his. "And I believe I am given the power to retaliate!" he snarled again, sending a blast of concussive energy toward Melody.
Narrator

Postby Daniel Uriel » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:27 pm

"I believe I'm sick of aliens!" Daniel growled, going straight from the floor into flight, taking the blast in the chest and continuing on against it to the Skrull, malice in his eyes.
Current powers: Total Flaming Badass. Sometimes.
Daniel Uriel
XU Student

Postby Melody Martens » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:07 pm

"I belie--SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Melody snarled, hurling a spray of bombs towards the idiot who wouldn't shut his mouth.
Melody Martens
XI Student

Postby Narrator » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:37 pm

"Your heretical powers will not affect me, my faith protects me!" the man called, almost desperately, as the bombs exploded around him. His armor cracked and smoked, and he looked like his faith hadn't quite protected him from all that. "And my faith is stronger than yours!" he bellowed, lunging forward and grabbing Daniel by the throat and slamming him into the floor
Narrator

Postby Daniel Uriel » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:45 pm

Daniel was surprised as the hand clamped around his throat, and even more surprised as he felt the sudden (and intense) pain of being slammed into the ground. What the fuck- AGH!
Daniel Uriel
XU Student

Postby Rachel O'Brien » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:13 pm

Rachel dove at the skrull, if she managed to do it, she'd knock him off his feet.
Rachel O'Brien
XI Student

Postby Daniel Uriel » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:23 pm

Snarling in anger (or possibly pain), Daniel lashed out with a foot at the guy's knee while Rachel dove at him.
Daniel Uriel
XU Student

Postby Narrator » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:43 pm

The attacker let out a cry of pain as his knee bent in an unnatural angle. As Rachel knocked him from his feet, he suddenly believed that he shouldn't be there anymore... and vanished right out from under her. The energy field trapping them in the room vanished as well, and they were finally able to hear the security alarms that were blaring.

Also, they would hear their comms suddenly flare to life again, urging them to prepare for immediate teleport out.
Narrator

Postby Melody Martens » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:45 pm

Melody practically growled when the jerk vanished. "Damnit that was unsatisfying," she cursed, jogging up to Rachel and Daniel, "Time to get the fuck out of Dodge, sounds like."
Melody Martens
XI Student

Postby Rachel O'Brien » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:51 am

"Yeah, lets get out of here." Rachel agreed.
Rachel O'Brien
XI Student

Postby Daniel Uriel » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:13 am

"I'll be happy if I never see another Skrull the rest of my freaking life," Daniel muttered, pushing himself up.
Daniel Uriel
XU Student

Postby Narrator » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:17 am

And, whether the team members were ready or not, the teleporter beamed them out, leaving only the wreckage of their battle behind.

((and closer to the fiiiiiinal mission! dah dah daaaaah...))
Narrator

Return to Elsewhere