Limbo 2.0: How Low Can You Go?

Space and other Dimensions, whether within the realm of the mind or other, less-savory regions.

Re: Limbo 2.0: How Low Can You Go?

Postby Regan Rourke » Wed May 28, 2014 11:36 pm

Alex Carpenter wrote:"You know," Alex shouted, his voice weird and echoey as he bulked up from the thing's armor, a kind of righteous annoyance bordering on anger flashing through him, "We're kind of at risk of death here, you want to tell us what the fucking score is, Regan?" He charged at the next guard, bringing a much more powerful blow in against the thing to try to drive it to the ground.

"How should I know?" Regan shrugs. The demon guard fell to the ground with Alex, grabbing for him. Time to break out the grappling rules.

"I don't even know how you got here. God. I'm not to blame for everything, you know?"

Steve Jones wrote:"If she even is Regan anymore," Steve said, warding off any demons trying to get close.

Regan also seems be keeping her distance from Steve. Damn paladins.

One of the remaining two demon guards not wrestling with Alex thrusts a spear at Steve, trying to take him out.

"Oh I dunno, wondering where the hell you went, getting sucked into hell, seeing you turned into some kinda demon queen?" she says, looking pissed. Well, as pissed as Kay can look while petting a ghost dog, which is to say not very.

"Yeah, I get abandoned in hell by my so-called friends, who show up to crash my wedding and blow up my husband and I'm the bad guy," Regan says. "Real cool, Kay."

It was hard to tell if Regan was joking or honestly bitter about this. It was probably both. It usually was with her.
Regan Rourke
XI Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Wed May 28, 2014 11:42 pm

Regan Rourke wrote:"Yeah, I get abandoned in hell by my so-called friends, who show up to crash my wedding and blow up my husband and I'm the bad guy," Regan says. "Real cool, Kay."

It was hard to tell if Regan was joking or honestly bitter about this. It was probably both. It usually was with her.

"They said you'd gone, like, super crazy or something! I didn't even know where you were! Not like you would have told me anyway." she says, sounding like she just now came to that conclusion and being rather disappointed by it.
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Regan Rourke » Wed May 28, 2014 11:53 pm

"Why should I gave?" Regan says. "No one probably would have even cared. 'Oh, hey. That dead girl no one likes is in hell again? To me, my X-orcists!''"

Sunny suddenly barks and Regan shuts up quickly. She looks away from Kay, looking embarrassed and a little bit angry.

"i'm sorry"
Regan Rourke
XI Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Wed May 28, 2014 11:59 pm

"Oh yeah? Well we're here anyway!" she says, then stops herself and looks at the dog, then back at Regan. "Wait is this your dog?"
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Regan Rourke » Thu May 29, 2014 12:03 am

"Yeah, that's Sunny," Regan says.

Sunny cocks his head to one side. Then he barks happily.
Regan Rourke
XI Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Thu May 29, 2014 12:12 am

"Oh my god, are you for real? Your dead dog, like, followed you all the way to this dumb place, your friends crash your wedding and explode your demon groom who was probably as ugly as the rest of these farts and instead of asking us to help like you clearly want you order these giant dorks to, what, throw us into demon jail so you can keep brooding as the Queen of Shitville? Gosh darnit, Regan!"
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Regan Rourke » Thu May 29, 2014 12:16 am

"I told them to keep you alive," Regan says, rolling her eyes. "You blew up their king! Would you rather I was all, 'oh hey hi guys' right before everyone ripped you apart?"

Sunny barks again.

"Shut up! It wasn't dumb," Regan says. "You're dumb!"

Sunny whines.
Regan Rourke
XI Student

Postby Alex Carpenter » Thu May 29, 2014 12:20 am

"Okay, touching as this is?" Alex called over as he absorbed the second guard's armor during their wrestling, "How do we get out of here? We can talk about blame and shit like that the- oh HOLD STILL, ASSHOLE!" He ended the statement in a loud snarl, giving the guard's neck a violent jerk.
Alex Carpenter
XI Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Thu May 29, 2014 12:21 am

"....I dunno!" she shouts back. "I missed you, okay? No one would tell us anything except that you were gone."
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Kayla Turnbull » Thu May 29, 2014 12:24 am

"So, are you going to show us the way out, Freakshow?"

Kayla was directly adjacent to Regan, fingernails dripping with blood like razor claws.
Kayla Turnbull

Postby Steve Jones » Thu May 29, 2014 9:38 am

Steve's eyes went wide and he dove just in time to not be impaled. The blazing cross dimmed as he floundered in gore to get back to his feet.

"Gross! Gross! Gross!"
Steve Jones
XI Student

Postby Brigid Plunder » Thu May 29, 2014 10:22 am

Brigid gets up from the dead demon, likely quite messy herself, and looks at what she's done.

"I... we need to get out of here..."
Brigid Plunder
XI Student

Postby Regan Rourke » Thu May 29, 2014 7:52 pm

"Yeah, well, I missed you too," Regan says to Kay.

Kayla Turnbull wrote:"So, are you going to show us the way out, Freakshow?"

Kayla was directly adjacent to Regan, fingernails dripping with blood like razor claws.

"Yeah, I'll just take you right to the exit portal that I never used because I love being here," Regan says, rolling her eyes. "It's hard to believe it, but you're actually dumber than you look. And you look like a someone who was kicked out of Jersey Shore for being too much of a whore."
Regan Rourke
XI Student

Postby Calvin Strong » Thu May 29, 2014 8:01 pm

"Okay, she says she didn't do it. Does anyone know how the hell we got here?" Cal may or may not have shot a glance at his girlfriend as he said this.
Calvin Strong
XI Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Thu May 29, 2014 8:13 pm

Haley was hovering in the air a foot or so above the gore, continuing to blast every demon that so much as moved in her direction towards a window. She didn't seem to notice Cal's question.
Haley Crusek
XI Student

Postby Kayla Turnbull » Thu May 29, 2014 8:15 pm

Regan Rourke wrote:"Yeah, I'll just take you right to the exit portal that I never used because I love being here," Regan says, rolling her eyes. "It's hard to believe it, but you're actually dumber than you look. And you look like a someone who was kicked out of Jersey Shore for being too much of a whore."

"A Whore. Wow, you become demon queen bitch after a lifetime of nothing, you get your big moment, and all you can come up with is calling me a whore. Bravo. no, really!"

A massive, Superstrength slap came across Regan's jaw.

"No one ever liked you, you know. First you were the poor little whiney ghost with the massive head wound, and people gawked at you once and then ignored you. Then you got horns and wings, and threw a fit, so people gawked at you again, and then ignored you again. The only time people were happy with you was when everyone thought you were finally gone forever!"

She then spat blood in Regan's face.
Last edited by Stan Bowen on Thu May 29, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kayla Turnbull

Postby Kay Haddock » Thu May 29, 2014 8:18 pm

That's when Kay bursts into spikes and slaps Kayla across the face.
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Kayla Turnbull » Thu May 29, 2014 8:53 pm

Kayla's wild eyes slowly panned Kay's way, burning with rage..
Kayla Turnbull

Postby Haley Crusek » Thu May 29, 2014 10:37 pm

Kayla's outburst seemed to draw Haley's attention. She floated downwards and towards the group."are you ever not a bitch, Kayla? God, just shut your mouth and let's work together to go home."
Haley Crusek
XI Student

Postby Regan Rourke » Sat May 31, 2014 2:10 pm

Sunny growls at Kayla. Regan gets to her feet, wiping blood off her face. The cathedral was pretty much empty except for the kids at this point. The demon guards were all dead or too hurt to fight and the other demons seem to have retreated, A burning banner reading "CONGRATULATIONS" drifts to the floor.

"Weirdly enough, this is pretty much how I always pictured my wedding," Regan says. She pats Kay on the shoulder. "Come on."

"I'll take you guys to someone who can help you get out of here."
Regan Rourke
XI Student

Postby Brigid Plunder » Sat May 31, 2014 2:13 pm

Brigid trembles, spattered in demon gore.

"F-fine... anywhere... anywhere but here."
Brigid Plunder
XI Student

Postby Steve Jones » Sat May 31, 2014 2:20 pm

"We... we really won?" Steve asked, picking something he didn't even want to identify off of his shirt.
Steve Jones
XI Student

Postby Alex Carpenter » Sat May 31, 2014 2:23 pm

Alex disentangled himself from the dead guard, standing up to a rather impressive height and bulk now. He did, however, stop to finish off any injured nearby guards if they presented themselves. "Everyone okay?" he asked, eying the cowering demons malevolently as he rejoined the group.
Alex Carpenter
XI Student

Postby Regan Rourke » Sat May 31, 2014 2:24 pm

"Yeah, Limbo pretty much sucks," Regan says, taking out her soulblade and carving out a circle of symbols onto the floor.

"The demons are pretty much bullies. Great at killing teenage girls with no powers, but they're really all bark."
Regan Rourke
XI Student

Postby Brigid Plunder » Sat May 31, 2014 2:26 pm

"I... I'm..." She says to Alex, as if debating.

"...I'm fine."
Brigid Plunder
XI Student

Postby Steve Jones » Sat May 31, 2014 2:32 pm

"I'm trying really hard not to freak out, need to take the longest shower, ever and my head hurts from holding up this demon ward I'm a little amazed actually works, but I'm fine otherwise."
Steve Jones
XI Student

Postby Alex Carpenter » Sat May 31, 2014 2:33 pm

Alex looks like he's about to put a hand on her shoulder, then looks down at his big, ichor-covered metal hand and rather visibly realizes how non-reassuring it would be. "You sure?" he asks in a lower voice, though his voice's natural echo probably makes it a little hard to be quiet.
Alex Carpenter
XI Student

Postby Brigid Plunder » Sat May 31, 2014 2:34 pm

"I'm.. I'm not hurt, she asserts.
Brigid Plunder
XI Student

Postby Alex Carpenter » Sat May 31, 2014 2:35 pm

He looks at her a minute, then nods. "'Til we get home, we'll call that 'as good as we can expect.'"
Alex Carpenter
XI Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Sat May 31, 2014 2:38 pm

"Is there anywhere we can go that's not...here, Regan? Sort of stay out of sight and out of trouble until we figure out how to get home?" Haley asked, looking far less Galadriel-scary now that she wasn't smashing things with her TK.
Haley Crusek
XI Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Sat May 31, 2014 3:19 pm

Regan Rourke wrote:"Weirdly enough, this is pretty much how I always pictured my wedding," Regan says. She pats Kay on the shoulder. "Come on."

"I'll take you guys to someone who can help you get out of here."

"Someone who can help us get out of here, right?" Kay says, desperately focusing on things that aren't dead demons or the gore covering her friends and classmates.
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Regan Rourke » Sat May 31, 2014 3:32 pm

Sunny whines. Regan pointedly ignores Kay's question.

"Haley, don't be an idiot. This is Limbo. Everything is a trap. If it looks safe, it's a trap. If it look dangerous, it's a trap. If it looks like a trap, it's a trap," Regan says. "I don't know anywhere safe."

Finished carving out a circle, Regan walks over and picks up Miranda, putting the unconscious girl over her shoulder.

"But I promise, I'll get you out of here," Regan says. She sounds oddly sincere.
Regan Rourke
XI Student

Postby Steve Jones » Sat May 31, 2014 3:38 pm

"And you?" Steve asked.
Steve Jones
XI Student

Postby Regan Rourke » Sat May 31, 2014 3:53 pm

Regan drops Miranda onto the circle she carved out, "Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, this girl needs to eat a sandwich. Are they not feeding the new kids? Fuck."
Regan Rourke
XI Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Sat May 31, 2014 3:59 pm

"Sunny, tell her that she needs to come with us." Kay says, kneeling down next to the ghost dog.
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Regan Rourke » Sat May 31, 2014 6:54 pm

Sunny whines at Regan.

"Oh my god, I knew you would take her side," Regan says. "Fine. As long as we're doing impossible things already, one more doesn't hurt. If we get out of Limbo, I'll come with you. Okay?"

"stupid dog"
Regan Rourke
XI Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Sat May 31, 2014 7:03 pm

"Dat's a good boy! What's that Sunny? Yeah, of course she's just doing it to shut us up, I'm sure."
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Calvin Strong » Sat May 31, 2014 8:22 pm

"Hooray..." Cal deadpanned.
Calvin Strong
XI Student

Postby Regan Rourke » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:07 am

Regan said something growly and the symbols in the circle lighted up.

"Alright, everyone get in," Regan says. "And please don't embarrass me, okay? Don't start killing every damn demon you see when we get there."
Regan Rourke
XI Student

Postby Brigid Plunder » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:10 am

That seems to really depress Brigid, and she gives a solemn nod, walking where indicated.
Brigid Plunder
XI Student

PreviousNext

Return to Elsewhere