Xavier Institute: THE WORLD OF TOMORROW

It didn't happen... but it WOULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME

Xavier Institute: THE WORLD OF TOMORROW

Postby Madison West » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:15 am

The year is 2040! And in Westchester County, New York, Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters is opening it's doors for a new term!

Guidelines:

- Like the original XI and XI: Redux, this is more for high school aged characters. 14-18 should be the age range unless you're playing an adult XU character.

- Because their younger, characters should be a bit less developed power-wise. Use your best judgement here.

- Do not make a character that is the child of two characters unless you have permission from both parties.

- Have fun!
Madison West

Re: Xavier Institute: THE WORLD OF TOMORROW

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:22 am

I would like to make a proposition here:

How would you all think about making this one an ACTUAL new forum? There's no reason we can't, and I'm sure that this is an idea that might generate more characters from people than the others.

My only condition is that I think for this one, we should resync the years and have it be present-day, not in the future. Just kind of shift the timeframe back to "now" and not use years.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Sara Stanton » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:49 am

As I said in IRC, I think it'd work best to make a XI sub-forum that's time-synched with XU for the sake of easier continuity and cross-pollination. :)
Sara Stanton
XI Student

Postby Will Stanton » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:14 pm

Personally, while I think this might be interesting, there's no harm in trying it out as a subboard for a while. If it really takes off, we could split it off--but there's no harm in leaving it here for now.

I mean, some of these have really started and VOOMED ahead...and then petered out. Let's see how this works, at the very least, before doing another board.
PLASTICINE
Will Stanton
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:22 pm

So right now the idea, correct me if I'm wrong, is expand the current boards, and play the "narrated to exist already" school in New York along with the older kids in London, and occasionally cross the two over.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Will Stanton » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:31 pm

No, no, these are children of the current generation--so, like, Robin and Vivien and people. It takes place in the future of this board---it can't really crossover, as they're still babies on the main board.
PLASTICINE
Will Stanton
XU Student

Postby Sara Stanton » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:36 pm

What I meant with "time-synched" up there was that it'd be 2022 (or whatever week/month/year) it is in XU. Not as an What If... thing but as a possible addition to XU.
Sara Stanton
XI Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:59 pm

So do you want to do both? I'm game for that...
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Return to What if...?