State of the Union

A flashback to the faculty's days at Xavier's in Salem Center, NY. However, something is different...

State of the Union

Postby Nailah » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:02 pm

After a boring hour or so of doing homework Nailah makes her way out of her room. Leaning over the back of the couch she tries (in vain) to figure out if it's currently occupied. "Hey, are you lieing there?"
Nailah
Faculty

Re: State of the Union

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:03 pm

Becca muttered something, only slightly muffled by the couch.
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:05 pm

"Hey, wake up sleepy-head." She leans down a little further to plant a kiss on Becca's head now that she's had a clue as to where it is.
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:07 pm

Becca rolled over, pushing herself up as she turned more visible. "Hey," she said with a tired smile. "Guess that isn't a bad way to wake up..."
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:13 pm

"Good!" she smiles and hops over the back of the couch to sit next to Becca. "I'll have to do it more often. You take way too many naps anyway." she teases.
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:14 pm

"Yeah, well, when there's nothing to do, what do you do, right?" Becca said with a shy smile, leaning sleepily against Nailah.
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:18 pm

"Well... we could go have some hot chocolate in town, if you wanna?"
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:24 pm

"Mmm... I'd love to," Becca said, grinning, giving Nailah a hug as she sat up. "You're all done with your homework? Don't want to cut in on your homework time..."
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:29 pm

"Nah, I'm done." Mostly. "Let's go then!" she smiles and hops up to get her and Becca's coat.
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:12 pm

Becca stretched and made a show of grumbling about waking up as usual, then padded quietly up behind Nailah and hugged her from behind while she was getting the coats out, snagging her coat out of the sphynxling's hand when she pulled back.
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:17 pm

"I know, waking up in the afternoon is horrible." she giggles, smiling at the hug before slipping her coat on.

And off they went, braving the snow, which doesn't seem to bother Nailah that much, but then again she's used to it and half of her body has thick fur to keep her warm. At some point she takes Becca's hand as they walk, interlacing her fingers with hers.
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:41 pm

Becca squeezed Nailah's hand when she took her hand, feeling that warm fuzzy feeling that came with the "somebody I like likes me" thoughts. All the unpleasantness of the Christmas break seemed ages away now. She giggled a little as she looked around at the snow. "I'd need to change color just to not be invisible here..."
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:58 pm

Nailah chuckles. "I bet people are wondering why there's an empty jacket wandering around!"

She was gonna try to have a more serious talk with Becca. Or at least that had been part of the plan when she asked her to go into town with her. But now she finds herself not wanting to mess with the moment, at least for a while. She's taking a walk in the snow, holding hands with her friend. It has something magical. Leaning over she kisses the pale girl's cheek. The effect would be better if she had lipstick on instead of just lipgloss, but on Becca's white skin anything stands out, really.

"There." she smiles.
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:29 pm

Becca was suddenly much more easily visible as she blushed, leaning in closer to Nailah. "I... yeah, like that, exactly," she giggled. She was happy. Really, that threw her off... and there was that nagging thought in the back of her head that said that she just needed to wait for the other shoe to drop, because there was always another shoe waiting to crack you right on the head.
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:56 pm

The other shoe would just have to wait though. Nailah leans her head against Becca's and so the two make their way through the snow and to a little corner cafe. Stepping inside Nailah shakes a couple stray snowflakes from her wings before realizing that they're not at the school anymore and she suddenly looks very intimidated, trying to fold her wings up as closely and as quietly as she can while people look at her.
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm

Becca, meanwhile, simply took to glaring at the people who were staring. "Don't pay those idiots any attention," she murmured, giving Nailah's hand a squeeze. "Your wings are awesome. Don't let them make you feel any different."
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:22 pm

"Right. Right..." she mumbles and hangs up her coat. She still feels like people are staring when the two make their way to one of the tables but at least it's distracting her from the fact that technically this could be called a date.
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:09 pm

Becca walked behind her, the better to screen her from view, and let her take the table with her back to the wall as she sat down across from her. "I'll go get it. You want anything special in yours?" she asked, giving Nailah's hand another little squeeze.
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:13 pm

"Just whipped cream. Thanks."
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:17 pm

Nailah might reflect that it was odd how Becca could all but tell people to fuck off when they were staring at Nailah, but on her way up to the counter while the stares were directed at her, she almost seemed to have a hard time staying visible. She hurried back to the table, wincing as a little bit of the hot chocolate from her mug sloshed over the edge and scalded her hand. "Here," she said, forcing a smile and setting Nailah's mug down in front of her.
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:24 pm

It was far from the first time that Nailah had noticed Becca having a much easier time standing up for her friends than herself and figured it'd get better once she'd get over her self-esteem issues. But that wasn't what was at the forefront of her mind. What was taking up a bunch of her attention was What was that?, because she had found herself suddenly reaching out for Becca's mug and steadying it. "Careful, you'll scald your...self..." she trails off.
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:52 pm

"I- oh! Thanks," Becca said, blinking as a little drop hit her hand... but nowhere as bad as it obviously almost was. "Sorry, just... felt rushed," she admited.
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:59 pm

Nailah faintly shakes her head and the mental image of Becca burning her hand is quick to dissipate like a dream. "Right... yeah... And thanks." she smiles as she takes her mug form Becca. "Not just for the mug..." she adds with a bit of a sheepish smile and a glance around the room.
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:35 pm

Becca shot someone at another table a dirty look. "Screw them," she said. "You're gorgeous, and they're idiots. Don't pay any attention to them."
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:57 am

"See that? That's one of the reasons I like you so much. You might have a hard time standing up for yourself, but you always stand up for your friends..." she smiles, hiding her blushing at being called gorgeous behind a sip from her mug.
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:34 am

Becca blushed at that. "Well, you are and... well, someone has to tell people when they're being stupid," she said, looking shy but not at all unpleased at the compliments.
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:42 am

"Right..." she chuckles faintly, suddenly seeming a little nervous. "And well... about that... Liking you I mean, not people being stupid... I mean things have been great but... I'm not really sure what to make of it, I guess?"
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:59 am

And at that point, Becca felt the other shoe drop straight onto her stomach. "Oh," she said quietly, her eyes fixing on her hot chocolate. "H-have I... been doing something wrong? I can stop if I have, I promise..."
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:22 am

"What? No no no, Becca, no. Everything's great, nothing's wrong. It's just... I dunno... I'm not sure what to call this?"
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:19 am

"You mean aside from friends that cuddle up at night?" Becca asked, smiling weakly, obviously still feeling like she's walking on eggshells. "I-I... well... I mean, it's not like I know what I'm doing either, I just... I don't know, go with it and do what feels right, and... it's all felt right. So... does that mean I'm your girlfriend?" She looked up, then hastily added, "I-I mean... if that's w-what you want..."
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:34 am

"It is..." she smiles, although she's mostly smiling at her mug and carefully glancing up at Becca. "I mean that's what we've been doing means, no? Like, it wouldn't change anything if I called you that, right?"
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:49 am

"Welllll... it might make me smile a little more," Becca admitted with a sheepish little smile. "But... since you usually make me do that anyway, I guess it wouldn't be much of a change..."
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:30 am

"I think I can live with that." she snickers. "I just wasn't sure. I mean... after the first time you were all 'this doesn't have to mean anything' so I didn't know if that's what you wanted..." she mumbles awkwardly.
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:22 pm

"I... just didn't want to come on too strong or be all clingy and weird and scare you off," Becca said, looking down nervously as well. And everyone that cares about me except Sam gets sick of it and leaves, and I don't want to give you an excuse to...
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:28 pm

"You didn't want to come on too strong? Did you already forget how I spazzed out when I had that dream? I thought you were gonna jump up and flee..." she chuckles nervously.
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:32 pm

"Why? I mean... well, all right, some of it came a little out of left field, but that was nice too." Been two or so years since I've heard someone say that to me...
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:42 pm

"Well I thought you might freak out or something... I didn't know you that long and I was afraid you'd think it was creepy or something but I couldn't really take something like that back either cause, well, it's not like it was entirely wrong..."
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:07 pm

Becca shuddered involuntarily. "Doesn't matter if it's early, taking that back would just be mean," she said quietly.
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:09 pm

"You... you didn't think I did, did you?"
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:10 pm

"No," Becca said, swallowing. "But you could, and when you do I just didn't want you to do it for some reason like you thought you were doing me a favor..."
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Next

Return to XI Redux