Danger Room? More like Panic Room

A flashback to the faculty's days at Xavier's in Salem Center, NY. However, something is different...

Danger Room? More like Panic Room

Postby Nailah » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:05 am

Nailah was running along the hallways of the dorm building, wearing her pyjamas and wrapped in her blanket. As where dozens of other frightened students which would be the reason why she lost track of Becca and Sam after they had filed out into the hallway. She's trying to find either of them but spotting Becca or identifying Sam in a crowd was not exactly the easiest thing in the world. Especially when you're being swept along with the masses and shouting their names gets lost in the general noise and chaos.
Nailah
Faculty

Re: Danger Room? More like Panic Room

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:14 am

Nailah would hear, over the din of the moving students, the sound of her name being called. There was a sharp exclamation in the same voice, then something that sounded like "ow! THAT'S MY LEG YOU ASSHO- OWWW!"
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:16 am

"Becca!" she shouts, starting to make her way towards where she thought the voice was coming from, trying to push her way against the stream of students. "Becca? Where are you!"
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:18 am

Becca's location would be marked by a sudden traffic jam as someone tripped over her, punctuated by another 'ow' and yet another stumble as Becca kicked him in the back of the leg with her non-trampled leg.
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:24 am

"Hey, can't you watch where you're going?" Nailah shouts at the general mass of people, shoving people past her as they bump into her she makes her way over to Becca. "Are you okay!?" she asks, kneeling down, which turns out to be a bad idea as she immidiately gets a knee to the shoulder for it, though she manages to keep her footing.
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:27 am

"Yeah, I just- OW! Keep getting stepped on!" Becca called back, managing (finally) to push herself to her feet, just in time to pull Nailah out of the way of another wildly-running boy.
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:30 am

"Eesh! Okay! Better keep moving before we get tackled to the ground." she says and wraps an arm around Becca's waist and a wing around her shoulder. "Have you seen Sam anywhere?"
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:32 am

"I.. think she went down a hall back there, but I couldn't follow her because..." She gestured at the wall of bodies that was sweeping her along, a helpless expression on her face.
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:35 am

"It's okay, she's gonna be fine. It'll be okay. Maybe we can... there!" She manages to maneuver them to the edge of the mob and then duck into a doorway, catching her breath.
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:47 am

As Becca stumbled with her, the door popped open and they stumbled into the next room... where really, they weren't any less safe, it was just that hard to get through the wall of people. Becca, meanwhile, was occasionally going partly white, only to go camoflaged again a second later, tears streaming down her face. "Ohgodohgodohgod... Just go, get safe, it's not your fault I'm so fucking worthless I can't even run with a mob to evacuate this place," she whimpered.
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:04 am

"I'm not going anywhere." She's not any less panicked, especially since she's still not sure what exactly is going on, but protecting Becca is more important right now than worrying about what sounds like gunshots. Navigating in the crowd doesn't get much easier but two people are harder to knock over than one at least and eventually the mob bursts out the front doors of the dorm. Stumbling off to the side Nailah pulls Becca with her to let the others run past. She still hasn't actually seen anything happening and calming down a bit seems more immidiately important than continuing to run.
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Samantha McManus » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:27 pm

"Oh God, oh God, oh God... Becca! Becca, where'd you go?!"

Samantha was shifting wildly as she struggled through the crowd, panic in her mismatched face.
Samantha McManus
Faculty

Postby Michael Asters » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:54 pm

A hand caught Sam's as she ran past, dragging her away from the stragglers of the mob and into a small closet to the side. ((thread to come))
Michael Asters

Postby Narrator » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:08 pm

That was about when gunfire started erupting down one of the halls close by.
Narrator
The Architect of Your Misery

Postby Nailah » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:17 am

Muffled or not, the gunfire certainly reminds Nailah of what they were running from to begin with. "Come on, we gotta keep goi--" She was about to help Becca along again when a weird expression falls over her face. It's a mixture of a certain tranquility and slight surprise, her eyes entirely unfocused.

"Run!" she tells Becca, giving her a little push and then turns around and hurries along the wall a couple steps, back towards the doors to the dorms. She stands there behind the open door and seems to just... wait for a second. And then she slams the door close by putting what little body weight she has into. Just as one of the soldiers tries to step through, dropping his weapon and getting knocked on his ass from the unexpected door.

And Nailah turns around and runs back to where she left Becca. The expression on her face is gone and has turned into utter panic. "Go, run!"
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:03 am

Becca didn't need to be told twice, grabbing Nailah's hand and running, pulling her along, the act of moving faster rendering her mostly visible since her skin couldn't change color fast enough to keep up with their motion. "What the hell was that?" she whimpered, just loud enough to be audible.
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:12 am

"I-I don't know! I just knew there was someone coming through that door!" She sounds just as confused as Becca if not more so.
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:47 am

Becca, meanwhile, was somewhat hysterical. "There are no giant robots. We can't die, because there are no giant robots and there have to be giant robots for us to die and oh my god I don't you to die I don't want to die I love you I just want this to be over and hide and oh my god why is this happening..."
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:36 am

"Hey, hey, calm down, we'll be fine. Look, we're almost there and--duck!" she shrieks all of a sudden, tackling Becca to the ground just as a spray of bullets hits the grass in front of them, the soldier Nailah had slammed with the door having picked himself up again apparently.
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:09 pm

Ohmygodohmyg- OH MY GOD! As Becca was shoved to the ground, she saw yet another soldier in the distance. Putting her leg out, she shoved hard as they fell, throwing them to the side just before more bullets thudded the ground where they had just been.
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:18 pm

Trying to escape one soldier behind them is one thing, but two of them, while lieing on the ground... So Nailah just freezes up in panic, the images flashing through her head not helping one bit, though who the hell knows if that's precognition or just plain fear.
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Nathaniel Davis » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:21 pm

Just then, a large hand reaches through the front door to the dorm and grabs the distracted soldier, yanking him back inside.
Nathaniel Davis

Postby Nailah » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:40 am

Nailah keeps cowering for a moment but nothing happens. The one soldier seems to have just disappeared and the other apparently can't see her lieing behind the camouflaged Becca from that far away in the darkness, the flashlight on his weapon sweeping across the grass in search for them. "I... I think he can't find us..." she whisper, still shivering.
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:06 pm

Becca held still, doing her best not to move, not to do anything that would make her lose her focus and fade into sight, or worse make her camoflage change to show Nailah through her. She made a little whimpering noise, each second terrified that something was going to see Nailah and open fire.
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:02 am

Nailah is clutching Becca's hand, not any less terrified, but at the same time having faith in her girlfriend.

And after a couple of excruciating minutes the flashlight swings in the other direction and the soldier seems to wander off in another direction.
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Nathaniel Davis » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:05 am

A big black wolf head sticks itself out of the door and then a hand beckons as he hisses, "This way."
Nathaniel Davis

Postby Nailah » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:59 pm

Giant wolf seems more likely to be on their side than the other. But they were halfway to the Danger Room already. Should they really head back to the dorms?

She carefully nudges Becca, nodding towards the dorms with a questioning look on her face.
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:03 am

Becca looked back at Nailah with a panicked, unknowing look. Taking her nod as an indication of intent, Becca took Nailah's hand and started the way she indicated, trying to keep more panic from overwhelming her.
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nailah » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:24 am

It's a good thing Becca mistook her nod the way she did or the two probably would have kept lieing there but now they were hurrying back the way they came. A huge wolf didn't exactly look inviting but it's probably safe to say it's someone on their side.
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Nathaniel Davis » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:56 am

Nate was waiting just inside the entryway, the soldier lying unconscious on the floor with his rifle rendered non-operational in a rather permanent fashion. Dropping down to all fours, he motioned to them, "Hop on, let's get you out of here."
Nathaniel Davis

Postby Nailah » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:53 am

"Sure, not like this night could get any weirder..." she mumbles as she climbs on the back of the huge wolf, holding her hand out to Becca.
Nailah
Faculty

Postby Rebecca Valentine » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:07 am

"I thought you had to be, like, german or something to ride giant wolves places," Becca mumbled numbly as she let herself be pulled onto the wolf.
Rebecca Valentine
Faculty

Postby Nathaniel Davis » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:31 am

Once they were situated, Nate turned back into the dorms and began working his way through the hallways, headed for the Danger Room. "Are either of you injured?"
Nathaniel Davis

Postby Nailah » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:33 am

"I... I don't think so." Nailah says, clutching Nate's fur.
Nailah
Faculty

Return to XI Redux