The night continues (Ryan's room)

Built on the Braddock Estate not far from the Manor, these were constructed for the university's benefit after doubts about the... eccentricities of the Manor itself.

The night continues (Ryan's room)

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:12 am

Ryan puttered around outside his bedroom, feeling oddly nervous and feeling utterly amused at himself for that. Veronica was changing in his bedroom, and he was doing his best to not consider what the sight of that would be like. He'd grabbed his non-black-tie clothes when he'd showed her where his clothes were and had changed in the bathroom, his tux now settled neatly over the back of a chair.

He sat down on the sofa, trying to relax a bit.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Re: The night continues (Ryan's room)

Postby Veronica Glarette » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:08 am

Veronica had found a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt to change into. The pants were a bit big on her small frame, as was the shirt, but she made it work. Thank goodness for tie-strings. She hadn't really thought about what was going on at that moment. The fact she was in his room, at night, in his clothes...it hadn't quite hit her just yet. Everything seemed so...normal, for some reason. She gave her hair a ruffle and hung up her dress, smoothing out any wrinkles she saw. As per her habit, she grabbed her small journal out of her purse and noted the time down as she left his room. "Sank you for zee change off closing," she said, looking up and smiling.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:52 am

"We've had fancy. I want you to be comfortable now," he said, smiling as he patted the couch next to him. He tried not to stare... sure, she was just wearing sweats and a t-shirt, but there was always something about a girl wearing his clothes that just did it for him.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:07 am

She smiled back and sat down on the couch beside him. "Well I assure you, I am definitely comfortable. I can not say I have ever come across a pair off sweat pants zat are zis comfy." She admits with a laugh, putting her journal off to the side.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:20 pm

He smirked. "I'd never bother if they weren't. I don't really get cold," he said, shrugging. He slipped his arm around her as she settled onto the couch. By habit he kept from touching her skin.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:59 am

She leaned against him, smiling. "I never quite understood why zat is. From zee energies you put off?"
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:12 am

"Something like that, yeah. The long explanation involves science, and... I'm not a scientist. So I'd probably sound like a dope trying to give it," he answered. He remembered the psi blocker and shifted a little, stroking his fingers along her cheek. I so don't want to turn this thing back in.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:57 am

Her first reaction to his touch was to panic a bit, as she had completely forgot about the psi-blocker as well. Her hand instinctively reached for his, holding it. It was then that she had remembered, and so she relaxed substantially, looking a bit sheepish. "Forgive me, eet is difficult to get used to."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:01 am

Ryan grinned. "Probably better to keep on your guard," he admitted. "I'm going to have to return this thing in a couple days." Still, he turned his head, kissing her forehead. "You know, I don't think I ever asked... how long have you had to worry about touching people? You said that was new, right?"
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:51 am

"Relatively new, yes. Eet started becoming an issue a couple years ago. A few days before my sixteenth birsday. Honestly, eet was never such a problem except wis my moser. She and I were pretty close. When I avoided her, I sink she just attributed eet to growing up."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:13 am

Ryan nodded, leaning his head against hers. "Two years is long enough. About time to lose the 'no touching' thing, I think," he said with playful fake-seriousness.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:42 am

She smiles softly. "I will have to agree. I could get used to zis."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

"Well, if you want to get used to it, I guess we'll have to make a habit of this," he said. "I mean, not to be forward or anything..."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:46 pm

"Eet may be a bit difficult to continue zis wisout a device like zat." She said with a smile, tapping his ear.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:17 pm

"We'll have to be more careful after tonight, that's all." He smirked, then leaned over to kiss her again. "Now you know what you're working toward," he teased.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:44 am

"Definitely a wonderful goal," She agreed, kissing him back. "Eet is also much more. Physical contact is such a needed part off development and socialization. Between a kiss from a lover, and a simple hug from a friend, eet gives one zee sense of closeness and relief, in a way."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:09 am

"Oh, you don't have to sell it to me, I know," he said. "Granted, hugging isn't so much of a problem, we just have to be a little careful there." And dressed...
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:24 am

Veronica nodded. "Eet still does not cease to amaze me how varied eet seemed to be. I have been able to tie some off eet wis situations off high emotional happenings, but oser zen zat, I really can not pinpoint. Makes eet even more frustrating."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:09 am

"Well then do we need to give it as much chance to kick in as we can so you can figure out what the pattern is," he said, giving her a playful, not-quite-innocent smirk. "I mean, I'm sure we can figure out how to do that..."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:48 am

It was about then that Veronica starting thinking about the fact she was in Ryan's room...in Ryan's clothes...on his couch with him...at night...alone...

And it was just about then that her cheeks began to flush red. A million thoughts were swarming through her head, including memories of things she had seen before. Needless to say, it only made her blush even more. She tried to hide it, but she sucked at hiding things.

"Oh, off course. I am sure zere are a number off sings zat could be done." Oh dear. That came out wrong. She was internally facepalming.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:52 am

Ryan chuckled. God, she flusters easily... He picked up her hand and squeezed it, lifting it up to kiss it as he pulled her closer, kind of in a relaxed, easy manner. "Yes, there are," he said, a little more reassuringly than innuendo-laden this time, deciding to let her get ahold of herself.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:08 am

Apparently this worked, and she relaxed a bit. Her cheeks will still pretty flushed, as random thoughts were still waving around in her mind, but she did her best to try to ignore them. She squeezed his hand back and smiled, resting her head on his shoulder. "I could definitely get used to zis," She murmured.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:37 am

"Well, that's sort of my plan, so I hope you do," he half-joked, leaning his head against hers comfortably. "You know that you don't have anything to be nervous about, right?"
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:49 am

"If you say zere is not, zen I trust you." And she meant it. The trust she had in him was more than the trust she had in anyone else. "I meant to ask, and perhaps zis is not zee right time to, mais... How are you holding up wis zee light and priest situation? Are you doing alright?" She asked. It was a genuine concern, and she wanted only for him to be alright.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:58 am

He hesitated. "Not bad," he said. "Trying to keep positive. I know that they said it was only an off chance that I was going to burst into some weird snake-monster thing myself, but... it still worries me that they think it was possible. But dwelling on it isn't going to help me."

"I've been a bit tired, too, which is weird. But oh well."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:03 am

"Bursting into a snake monster sing? I sink you have a bit more strength in yourself zen to let such a sing happen." She said with a wink. "As far as tiredness goes, I imagine zat is zee result off oversinking and generally just from getting used to getting back into teaching, non?" She didn't seem too worried about him on the surface, but deep down she was also just trying to convince herself as well.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:33 am

He nodded. "I know. Most of it has to be all in my head, right? I mean... ok, that was bad, no pun intended. I just feel this... pressure in my head, ever since I found that light in there. It makes me a little nervous. But if it doesn't hurt it can't be bad, right?"
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:36 am

"A pressure? Is eet like a headache almost? Well you said it doesn't hurt but..." She tried to hide her growing concern. "Have you gone to zee clinic?"
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:46 am

"Nah, doesn't hurt like a headache. And I can tell that there's nothing physically wrong with me. It's just... weird. Probably just me being paranoid."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:49 am

She gave his hand another squeeze. "Regardless off what eet is, paranoia or oserwise, I am here for you." She was definitely getting more and mor concerned about it all. Maybe they missed something when it happened...
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:50 am

"I know," he said, smiling back at her. "Listen to me... I'm getting all grim and self-indulgent again. Sorry."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:54 am

"Please, you haf no reason to apologize. Your worries are your worries. Zere is nosing wrong wis zat." She cuddled closer to him. "Like I said, maybe oversinking sings is zee issue. I would not be surprised is zat was zee cause off most of sings." She was trying not to make it sound so bad. It was her way of reassuring both of them. She had an idea of checking on things, but she'd have to wait for the right moment.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:04 am

"And that's exactly why we're going to stop thinking about it," Ryan agreed. He pulled her closer, aspersing his arms tighter around her. "Much better things to think about."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:08 am

She smiles, leaning in and kissing him softly. "I agree." She said what appeared to be sleepily. "I do not know about you, but I am absolutely exhausted from zis busy evening."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:32 am

"I think that sleep sounds like a great idea," Ryan admitted. "So you trust me when I promise that you will lakebed this dorm in the morning in the same state of virtue that you came here?" He added teasingly.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:36 am

"I do trust you. More zen I sink you know." She said with a soft chuckle.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:54 am

"Then I'll let you surprise me with it some day. Right now, let's just get some rest." He DID appear to be more worn out than she was, now that he was letting it show. He stood up, holding his hand out.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:04 am

Taking his hand, she stood up as well. With her other hand she picked her journal back up to take with her. It wasn't often she went anywhere without it. She even kept it near her when she slept.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:10 am

Ryan scooted to take the side of the bed against the wall. He was careful how he laid down, with one wing under him as he laid down onto his side, reaching his hand out to let her join him. "I hope this doesn't end up being too hot for you," he admitted.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:18 am

She shook her head as she set her journal to the side now near the bed, opening it one last time. She wrote a few words in the page, but whatever it was didn't seem that important. She made it appear to be habit. "Honestly, I sleep wis two to sree blankets. I get cold in zee nights." She then slipped into the bed beside him. She was on her own side, facing him for the time being. "Why, do you get hot at night?"
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Next

Return to Xavier's University Dorms