The night continues (Ryan's room)

Built on the Braddock Estate not far from the Manor, these were constructed for the university's benefit after doubts about the... eccentricities of the Manor itself.

Re: The night continues (Ryan's room)

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:25 am

"No, but... Well, find out yourself, I suppose," he said as he laid the other wing over them. It was, of course, quite effective as a blanket.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:28 am

She couldn't help but smile wide. "Much more comfortable zen any plain old blanket."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:44 pm

"I like to think so," he said, smiling a bit as he closed his eye. "I mean, a little biased, sure, but... yeah..."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:03 pm

Veronica closed her eyes as well, sighing happily. She relaxed her body, acting as if she was drifting off. Just need him to fall asleep. I'm sure there's got to be something they missed.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:11 pm

And, as he didn't know she was putting one over on him, Ryan didn't just pretend to fall asleep.

She'd find that thankfully, he didn't snore.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:48 pm

She waited for what she felt like was about an hour, paying close attention to his breathing to make sure that he was, in fact, asleep. Once she was sure of that, she very slowly and carefully slipped her hand into one of his, trying her best not to wake him.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:54 pm

His hand closed to squeeze hers slightly. Aside from that, he didn't stir.

He was, apparently, really asleep.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:10 pm

She concentrated on holding his hand, thinking to herself. If I'm unable to access his memories through the psy-blocker, I may be able to access memories from him as if he's an object rather than a person. She frowned to herself, hating the thought of how terrible that sounded. But she felt there had to be something missing from that day the priest was defeated. I don't know if this'll work but...I have to try. This whole thing is worrisome. Clearing her thoughts, she closed her eyes as they began to change to their purple hue. She focused on his hand as if it was simply an object she held. The same as she had done with so many things before. Trying her best to sift through things, she focused on finding that day. That specific moment. They had to have missed something...
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:37 pm

There was a flash.

She could clearly see Ryan, floating in that light. It was blinding, intimidatingly brilliant, almost enough to make her pull away, if it weren't just some sort of memory. But as it continued, she could see something moving, approaching Ryan, slowly coming more into focus...
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:40 pm

Naturally, Veronica pressed further to try to see what is was near Ryan. Almost...
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:10 am

The form started coming into focus, hard to see, as it seemed to blend in with the light around it.

But as the lines started to even approach something that could be called distinct, a pair of disembodied eyes, piercing and ice blue, opened before Veronica's view of the vision. They seemed to fix intently on her, even though she wasn't really there, even though this was all just a memory.

No.

It wasn't actually a word. It was more an overwhelming sense of that one word of refusal. Then the connection was forcibly cut, a stinging in Veronica's hand to make her let go of Ryan's.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:18 am

Veronica gasped out in shock, pulling her hand back. So many thoughts were running through her head surrounding what had just happened. Why could it see me? What was that? She had never had that happen before, and it weirded her out beyond all belief.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:25 am

Ryan blinked, her jerking apparently enough to make him stir. "Mm? You okay, babe?" he muttered, his eyes half-opening.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:28 am

She blinked a few times at him. Should I tell him? But then he'd know I tried it without asking...and he's so exhausted... With a nod and a small smile, she answered. "Yes, a small nightmare." She lied. I can ask him about it in the morning. No sense in making him worry more about it.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:49 am

He smiled a little, then pulled her closer. "C'mere. Got just the thing for those."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:09 am

She could help but smile at his sweetness, scooting in closer. I'm going to figure this out and help him get better. He deserves that, and more. She told herself.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:03 am

"Really bad one?" he asked tiredly, not really able to set his mind at ease when she might be really upset.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:11 am

She was beginning to feel really bad about it. She hated lying, and having to do it to Ryan, that just made her feel even worse. But he needed sleep. "Non, nosing too crazy. I will tell you about eet in zee morning. I sink we need sleep."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:24 am

"Hey, I'm already there, just checking on you," he chuckled, giving her a little squeeze.

It was only another minute before he was decidedly asleep again.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:37 am

She sighed in relief when he fell back asleep. There's no way that could have... Hm... The gears in her head were turning as she tried to think of the possibilities. Not to mention... But I remember everything. At least, I think I do... This vexed her. Was it a memory? If it were a memory, I should have lost something. She bit her bottom lip, thinking. I could try again. Then I'd know for sure. I just need to be quiet. She slipped her hand back in his as she had before, concentrating. If it's not a memory, then at least I can try to make it out better or something...
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:44 am

She reached the same memory, the same brilliant, imposing light. This time, though, something was different.

This time, vision or not, Veronica had the alarming sense that something was coming at her, something she couldn't see, but she could feel it, just like someone would feel as they stared into a bus that was bearing down on them at full speed with nowhere to get away...
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:50 am

To say she was frightened was an understatement. She braced herself instinctively, not pulling away. Whatever it was, she had it in her mind that she was not going to let it screw with Ryan if she could help it. She had no idea what she was doing, nor any idea of how to push back. But she stubbornly held fast, determined to show whatever the thing was that she wasn't going to let it win.

Granted, her inexperience with these matters meant that she was like a person throwing a wet noodle at a fully armored warrior, but hey. She was trying.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:01 am

As it approached, she could hear one low, resonating note, almost like an otherworldly humming that grew louder, and louder as it drew closer...

Then it was like when you fall off a cliff in a dream. The moment it hit her, she found herself lying in the bed, her head spinning.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:10 am

She held a hand to her forehead, trying to get a hold of her disoriented thoughts. That sound... She felt as if she could still barely make it out. What was that... Realizing that what she had seen and felt wasn't a memory, she grew more concerned. None of it made sense. She rubbed at her forehead, trying to clear her mind and at least get back to thinking straight.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Previous

Return to Xavier's University Dorms