Ryan's room - There have been better nights

Built on the Braddock Estate not far from the Manor, these were constructed for the university's benefit after doubts about the... eccentricities of the Manor itself.

Ryan's room - There have been better nights

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:32 am

Mindless brawler, but damned if he can't hit hard. Ryan opened the door, and headed over to slump onto the couch. "I don't think I've ever carried anyone that far," Ryan mused.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Re: Ryan's room - There have been better nights

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:40 am

Veronica immediately went to work getting a bag of ice prepared, not even stopping to take the jacket off. "Non? Well hopefully eet was not too much off effort wis your injury. Eet looks painful."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:57 am

"Not really, I just worry about flying bit being very pleasant due a passenger after a while," he said. He smiled a little when he saw her bustling about. "Relax. I'm okay."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:08 am

She gives him The Look. "I know how zose hits feel. Yes, you are fine, but zee quicker you get ice on, zee better you will feel," she explained, continuing her efforts until she knew it was good enough. Once she's finished, she heads over to him, her hand without the ice raising his chin slightly. "Zis will hurt for a moment..." She cautioned.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:42 am

He'd squeezed his eyes shut at something she'd said, then opened them again when she touched his chin, his gaze somehow intense and gentle at the same time. He held up a hand to stop the ice for a moment and pushed himself up, kissing her for a long moment, before settling back onto the couch and letting her work.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:54 am

The kiss took her off guard for a moment, but not in a bad way. When he sat back down, she smiled softly. "Careful, you will make zee ice melt if you keep zat up," she joked, then carefully held the bag against where it looked like the swelling was the worst.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:02 am

He shrugged, relaxing a little and letting her do her thing. "It'd be completely worth it, too," he said, wincing slightly at the sting. "Lots of stuff worth it tonight..." he sighed as he closed his eyes.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:09 am

She made sure to move the ice pack a bit every now and then so it wasn't painfully cold. She'd had practice at this before. Looking at her watch, she made note of the time so as not to over-ice. "I do not sink my actions were wors you getting hurt. I should have sought about sings before doing zem. Honestly, I am unsure what came over me."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:21 am

Ryan started to shake his head, then made a dismissive gesture. "Spite, angry independence, assertion, some mix of them, who cares. You deserved to get a good shot at him. What it didn't warrant was his reaction."

"And him hurting you was totally worth what I got to do to him," he said with a faint smile.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:29 am

She chuckled softly. "If zat is how you feel, who am I to argue? Mais, I assure you, if I see him again, zere will be more sought process on my part."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:51 am

"I don't think he'll be around here for a very long time except for court and, well, probably some jail," Ryan said. "I haven't checked, but I'm pretty positive that his little public meltdown is all over the internet right now. If no one's put a name to it, I'll do that later. And he'll be my new example of what horrible people there are out there. I'm going to get a LOT of mileage out of this."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:57 am

"If zat is zee case, his perfect world in his business and picture frame illusion will finally shatter, if eet has not already. I could always call his boss and give him zee news ahead off time. Eet would be appropriate to hear eet from his employee's own daughter, non?"
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:01 am

"Nah. Let it be public opinion that screws him. This way we don't look too vindictive," he said, smiling a bit. "And yeah... that does feel a lot better," he admitted.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:06 am

Veronica gave a nod. "Again, you are right." She moved the ice away for a moment and took a look, gently turning his head. "Zee swelling is not so bad. I have Tylenol if you need eet, as well."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:19 am

"I will. Not now," he said, patting the sofa. "Sit. Relax. Keep icing if you want," he said with a faint smile.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:22 am

She plopped down on the seat and kept the ice off. "Ten minutes on, ten minutes off. Repeat as needed," she said with a smile, taking a look at her watch to keep track again. "I wanted to ask you somesing. Eet is completely off topic, but somesing I am curious about."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:25 am

He smiled at the prescription. "You're good at this." Then he shrugged. "Topic doesn't matter. Go ahead, ask away."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:29 am

"As off late, have you been hearing a noise? Eh... How do I explain zis..." She tried to be nonchalant about it. She knew exactly what she was asking and how to go about it, but she didn't want to worry him. "Sort off like a single note zat drones on. Very unique."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:30 am

He smirked, totally not getting it. "No, I didn't get hit hard enough that my ears are ringing."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:33 am

"Oh, good." Does that mean he hasn't heard it at all?... "And ehm... You have not heard such a sound ever? Even before zis?" This is way more difficult than it should be. I should just explain...
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:35 am

"Nah. I've never been- well, actually, yeah, once I had a flashbang grenade go off right next to me, left my ears ringing for a couple days. But that's it."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:39 am

"So... No noise at all, even when you have no injuries...?" Wow, this is going so smooth... Not. She was idley fidgeting with the ice pack.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:39 pm

Ryan cocked an eyebrow. "No. Why would I?"
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:54 am

Veronica visibly relaxed, then did her best to try to back-peddle. "Oh, I was just asking. I mean you never know and eh, eet is always safe to be sure?" Well, that sounded stupid and could have gone better. Crap.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:46 am

That didn't seem to make sense to Ryan, but his head was throbbing by now. Deciding that it would probably make more sense to him when that had calmed down, he just nodded slowly. "Yeah, it is. So I guess I should take something for the pain now and not later, shouldn't I." The lady always knew best, after all.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:54 am

Whew. "Zat would be correct. Give me just a moment." She said, hopping up and going over to where she dropped her purse. "Taking two would be best," she explained while shaking out two of the pain relievers into her hand. She moved quickly to get him a glass of water, then headed back over to him and handed him the items. "Give eet about twenty minutes to a half hour. Zey are quick release tablets. How bad does eet hurt?" She asked, speaking softer in case he had a headache from it all.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:37 pm

"Not too bad," he said. "Just kind of a dull ache. Like someone was beating on it," he said, smirking a little. "Mostly just... I don't know. Drained. You probably are too. Rough night."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:15 pm

"Just a bit, non? I should let you get some rest. I am sure my bugging wis questions is not helping matters much," she said with a chuckle.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:35 pm

He chuckled. "Helps more than you know. You... can go if you want. I'm sure not asking you to, though."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:54 am

"Oh I just figured you would want to get some rest straight away. I mean, I will be honest when I say I do not particularly wish to leave, but you do need rest and recuperation."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:08 am

He smiled a bit. "Okay, let's just assume for the foreseeable future that I feel better when you're around. Since, you know, it's true."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:13 am

"Taking zat into consideration, we could zen assume zat my leaving would be generally unwanted and against zee whole idea off helping you feel better, non?" She said with a light smile, raising the ice gently back to his cheek. "Also, eet has been ten minutes."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:24 am

"Quite against it," he confirmed, jokingly seriously. He lifted his hand, squeezing the ice-holding hand with it for a moment. "Veronica, I-" he hesitated. "I'm sorry I had to do that. Sorry you had to go through it." He shrugged. "I'd do it again, but... I am sorry. You shouldn't have to see all that."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:28 am

She squeezed his hand back. "What you had to do was a direct result off my own decisions to speak out against him as I did in such a manner. I would also like to say zat he has had somesing like zat coming for a long time. You have no reason to apologize whatsoever."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:27 am

"Yeah, probably," Ryan admitted. "Still don't like that you had to see it. Fights aren't any fun to watch in person."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:23 am

"As oppose to oserwise?" She joked, giving him a playful nudge. "In all seriousness zough, eet is nosing to worry yourself over. You should be more concerned about how much zis will hurt in zee morning," she said with a chuckle.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:32 am

"Eh. Nothing's broken this time. If it's not a broken bone, it's nothing, and I'm really used to those."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:37 am

"Well zat is never good. Did you not drink your milk growing up? Zee calcium is very important, you know." She teased.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:38 am

He smirked. "Light skeleton, hollow bones. Not that I'm fragile or anything, but... if anyone's bones are going to break, mine will. They knit fast, though, thank God."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:42 am

"Well let's hope you do not have any anytime soon. I sink I prefer you in one piece." Once more, she removed the ice and checked her watch again. "If zee ice begins to hurt more zen help, let me know."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Next

Return to Xavier's University Dorms