What Next?

Renovated and expanded from the estate's original stables, in memoriam of Alysande Stuart. Houses a modest swimming pool suitable for laps and diving, numerous exercise equipment, and an indoor basketball court. A soccer field is nearby, and the stables are still maintained with a number of well-heeled equines.

What Next?

Postby Elise Holdrust » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:51 pm

Elise was on the edge of the roof of the stable, legs dangling, looking down and watching the horses while she sketched. Her phone sat beside her, buzzing every now and then as she text with a few of her friends. Frankie was sitting beside her near the phone.

What are you drawing this time?
My next tattoo!
....you're getting a fox?
Mhm! I think it's totes adorbs so far. I figure I can get the water color type done. Maybe get it on my ribs? I dunno. Maybe down my shoulder, like he's jumping!
It looks horrible.
You're just saying that because you're jealous. What, you don't want someone to play around with?
...a fox...that could eat me...
Only if you're an asshole.

She smirked to herself. Lately she had found ways to get back at Frankie. Keying in on Frankie's fears, desires, and general personality. He was an ass, yeah, but sometimes he wasn't so bad. Elise knew that if she proved to him she was better than him, that she was stronger, he would hopefully knock off being so mean to her. So she had been embarrassed a few times. Who cares? Everyone around here had experienced that. She looked back out to the horses and smiled.

So do you like it here?
It's better than New York. That place smelled.
Worse than horse crap?
...point.

She giggled and went back to drawing.
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Re: What Next?

Postby Paul Valmont » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:17 pm

Dorm room- check! Secret room- Check! Garden- Check! Beach- Check! Wow, I got the beach that time? Awes- OH SHIT! Too wrapped up in his inner monologue, Paul didn't throw his next portal up in time and, as he stumbled out the one from the beach, slammed into a tree.
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:30 pm

Elise jumps upon hearing the smack, looking over to the tree.

Hahahaha this guy really is gold. Oh man, can we keep him?
Shut up! What if he's hurt?

She sets down her sketch book and concentrates, peeling the tattooed wings off her back into reality. After a few flaps she heads over to Paul.

"Um...are you okay?"
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:33 pm

Shit. Couldn't have been somewhere empty that that happened. "I... yeah, I am," he said, checking himself over. Nose bleeding? No. Thank god... He looked a little scraped up, but nothing serious. "SO... um... hey. What's up."
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:40 pm

She couldn't help but let out a giggle. "Hey. Just hanging out. You uh...practicing?"
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:06 pm

"Just bored. And doing that's fun," he admitted. "...And yeah, I need practice with it, I guess," he added, looking at the tree.
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:11 pm

"Don't feel too bad. I can't tell you how many times I've fallen flat on my face trying to fly." She says reassuringly.
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:12 pm

Oddly, he did look reassured at that. "So is that what you were doing? Flying?"
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:43 pm

"Huh? Oh no no. I was actually up on the roof over there, drawing. Watching the horses. They're cute when they run around and play."
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:10 pm

He looked around, conceding that yes, they were cute. "What were you drawing?" he asked, remembering her cute little notes.
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:19 pm

"Oh! I can show you." She takes flight again, heading over to the roof before looking back. "Oh uh...can you port up there?"
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:25 pm

"Oh, yeah, sure," Paul said, throwing a portal up in front of them that opened up to right where she'd been sitting.
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:36 pm

After she flies up to the roof, she plops down and smiles. "Well that was easy! I was worried I'd have to try to carry you or something. I probably would have dropped you in a fresh pile." She motions to the horse-pies with a giggle.
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:09 pm

"Yyyyeah, let's not do that," he agreed. "Unless that was a 'you need a shower' comment. Which... I mean, I could, I guess I've been running a while..."
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:26 pm

She giggles again. "Nah, I was just joking around." Frankie turns to look at Paul. "And don't mind him, he's chilled out a bit." She says to Paul. "He was going to bite you once, you know?" Elise takes up her sketch pad again and brushes off the bits of dried leaves that likely had fallen on it from the tree over the roof.
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:31 pm

"Was that the, um, time you headbutted me in the junk?" he asked, eyeing the spider uncertainly.
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:36 pm

"Yeahhhh, really sorry about that still. See, I was trying to jump to stop him. He did it on purpose. He knew what would happen. He's a bit of a dick." She shoots a look to Frankie. "But he knows what I'm threatening him with, so it's not so bad anymore!"
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:43 pm

"You can... threaten him? With what?"
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:49 pm

She holds up her drawing which is a rough sketch of a fox leaping. ((Note this time I did not draw this myself, credit goes to artist on DA.))

"Apparently Frankie thinks that this guy is going to eat him when I make him come here!" She giggles.
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:51 pm

"Oooooh," Paul said, taking the notebook without asking, looking it over carefully. "How do you make them come here?" he asked, looking over the details critically.
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:58 pm

It wasn't anything special. Just a rough sketch of something more she probably had in her crazy little head. "You know, I don't even know. I can draw on my skin and make them come to life. Doesn't even have to be a tattoo. Granted, they aren't permanent obviously, but still. It's so cool. I drew this gecko once. Scared the bageezes out of my mom. Frankie and I laughed for ages."
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:27 pm

"This is good," he said. "I like the idea... don't know why I never thought of that, shaping it into something like that..."
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:34 pm

"There's so many ideas I have. Can you imagine if I got like...I dunno, a flaming skull? How creepy would that be, floating around? Or maybe something as simple as like...swords. Holy cow that'd be awesome. But seriously, I think a fox is great. It's better than a stuffed animal, I think. I wonder if it'll be soft like a real fox." She rambles on a bit. "I haven't completely decided where I'm going to get it yet. I have a few places in mind but I can't really make up my mind until I see it."
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:37 pm

"Well, then draw it on," he said. "You said you don't have to tattoo it, right?"
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:41 pm

"Well no, but the issue is drawing it where I am thinking of getting it. I was thinking of getting stencil paper to help out, but I don't know if it'll be dark enough." She gestures around the side of her right rib. "I was thinking along here. Have it like it's jumping down. Or my shoulder. Shoulder would be easier to draw on." She shrugs.
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:46 pm

"Do you have to draw it?" he asked. Then he almost slapped himself. Like she could have tattooed those wings. Duh. That was stupid.
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:51 pm

She shakes her head, not finding the question stupid at all. "Nope! I haven't done my tattoos myself, so yeah. I guess it's just when it's literally on my skin? It's weird. I really wish I knew how it came about."
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:56 pm

"Well you could just get it drawn on if you aren't sure, you know? See how it looks?"
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:00 pm

"I wish! I don't know anyone around here who's artsy. I had some friends back in New York, obvs, but like, everyone around here seems into their own thing."
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:01 pm

Paul just gave her this insulted look.
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:02 pm

She blinks at him a few times. "Nuh uh."
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:04 am

"Yeah, here. Let me... " He frowned, opening up a small portal that he reached through, coming out with a notebook. "There we go." He handed the pad to her, almost nervously. "I mean, I know I'm not great..."

His drawings were largely design work, with a few sketches of things thrown in. His design work was better than his sketch work, but his sketches weren't bad either. Overall, It was pretty much as good as you could hope for someone who was sixteen, and a bit better in some cases.
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:11 am

Elise flips through the pages excitedly. "Oh em gee you're like...wow! I had no idea! This is super stellar!" She looks genuinely impressed.
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:37 am

"It's not that good," he said, a bit sheepishly.
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:11 am

"Sure it is! I mean look at this one!" She pulls out one in particular and points to a few of the designs. "This has so much creativity to it and like...it's super awesome. Unique!"
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:49 am

He chuckled. "Unique. That's, like, the compliment that everyone gives when they can't think of anything good to say." From his tone, though, he wasn't taking her comment like that.
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:37 pm

"Noooo! See, when it comes from another artist, it really is a compliment. Seriously!" She slips the sketch back into the notebook and hands it to him. "I'll have to show you mine sometime. They're nothing special though. It's only been lately I've been putting things into a real portfolio. Do you paint at all?"
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:33 pm

"Not much. I do a lot of line work and monochrome work. I'd say abstract, but that'd give what I do more class than it has."
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:35 pm

"You're too hard on yourself. Seriously, I think you are really good." She says genuinely.
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:43 pm

"Thanks," he said, honestly grinning at the compliment.
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Next

Return to Stuart Recreational Complex