Back To The Drawing Board

Renovated and expanded from the estate's original stables, in memoriam of Alysande Stuart. Houses a modest swimming pool suitable for laps and diving, numerous exercise equipment, and an indoor basketball court. A soccer field is nearby, and the stables are still maintained with a number of well-heeled equines.

Back To The Drawing Board

Postby Elise Holdrust » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:06 am

Elise was back at the spot on the roof of the stable, laying on her stomach and watching the horses. Her sketch pad was beside her, but it was at a blank page. Frankie was on top of it, quietly watching Elise. Wiggles was curled up on Elise's back, apparently sleeping and soaking up what was left of the day's sun.

Something is bothering you.
Nah. Well, yeah, but it's nothing important.
Want to talk about it?
Elise shook her head. No, really, it's nothing.
Suit yourself.

Elise gave a shrug and continued to watch the horses.

((Open! ^_^))
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Re: Back To The Drawing Board

Postby Paul Valmont » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:19 am

"The horses happy today?" A voice said behind her.
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:50 pm

At the sound of the voice, she jumped slightly, turning, but being very careful not to disturb Wiggles' nap. She gave a smile and a wave to Paul. "Oh hey! What's up?"
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:59 pm

Paul was looking at her through a portal, on the other side of which he was apparently lying on his stomach on his bed. He shrugged at her. "Not much. Just poking around, seeing what was going on everywhere," he said, a little bit of a bored sound to his voice.
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:42 pm

"Not much that I've seen. It seems really quiet. Pretty boring, if you ask me." She had the same sound of boredom in her own voice. "Hey, how'd you know I'd be here? Am I that predictable?"

Clearly he was stalking you.
Oh, can it, Frankie.
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:56 pm

He shrugged a little. "Been looking all over. Seeing if anyone was in the secret room, seeing if anyone was in the common room, seeing... you get the point. Then I remembered 'oh hey, I remember where she goes to think, I'll look there!"
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:07 am

She smiled wide and nodded. "I like it out here. I mean, once you get past the smell, it's actually pretty relaxing. Sometimes they play, and it's *totes* adorbs."
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:17 am

Paul grinned, like to say 'see?' "So I figured 'well, maybe I'll check in on El if she's there,' and here I am." He squirmed off the bed through the portal and crawled over to see what she was looking at.
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:20 am

Elise was certainly watching the horses, but it didn't seem as though they were very active. Just mildly grazing, their tails swishing back and forth every so often. "As stellar as that secret room is, I kinda like getting outside more. Plus I really don't want to have to see Haley and Jen go at it again. I hate when people fight."
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:11 am

"Well, we can always bail if people are fighting, but yeah," he agreed, settling down next to her, looking at the horses for lack of anything else to watch. "So hiding on roofs it is!"
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:23 am

"Hey, I'm not hiding!" She said with a giggle. "Please, I couldn't hide from anything if I tried. They'd give me away," she said, motioning to her two companions.
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:39 am

"Well, I wouldn't have found you from down there, you're all just sitting here quiet," Paul pointed out. After a second thought, he reached over to give Wiggles a pet.
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:45 am

Wiggles reacted to the pet much like a cat does sometimes when they're sleeping and they get petted. Her head flipped upside down, paws covering her face. Major dawww factor. Elise nodded, "Yeah, I guess you're right. I mean I'm not trying to purposely hide. Just kinda hangin out."
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:53 am

"Oh, I know you're not. You're just a little harder to spot up here. Unless you know to look, that is," he said.
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:58 am

"I could make signs," she said with a nod-nod. " 'Elise is here!' or 'Come at your own risk!' or even 'Free Hugs!' would work, I think!" She giggled.

Please... No hugs. You'll make me throw up.
Awww, you just need a hug, don't you, Frankie.

Whatever Elise had said or thought cause Frankie to scurry away at an alarming rate. It just made her giggle more.
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:06 am

Paul smirked. "So the hugs are free? I don't have to hug Frankie, do I?" he joked.
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:11 am

"Well yeah, hugs are always free. Duh! How crappy would that be if someone charged for a hug. I mean like, can you imagine being all said and down, the only thing you need is a hug, and then you have to pay for it! That would suck!" She rambled. "And apparently Frankie doesn't like hugs. He's such a party pooper."
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:20 am

Paul just looked at her a moment, then sighed. Damn. "Yeah, that would suck," he 'agreed.' "And I don't know, wouldn't a hug squish Frankie anyway? Or... wait, maybe he DOES need a hug..."
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:24 am

That made her giggle again. "Yeah, he doesn't like the squished thing. I mean it doesn't hurt him, I don't think, but I imagine it doesn't feel too great getting sucked back in place on my wrist with no warning," she rambled more. "Hey, so like, you and Haley are so cute together. I couldn't help it, I had to say it." She grins.
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:26 am

"Huh? Oh, thanks," he said, kind of at a loss for what this little turn meant. "So you are too. With her, I mean." 'So you are too?' Is that even a thing? God I'm stupid...
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:32 am

"Wait, what?" Elise looked a bit confused, but just went with it. "Yeah we're besties, you know. Just make sure you treat her right or I'll send Frankie after you!" Was she joking? She was probably joking. Or maybe not.
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:35 am

"Hey, do I seem like that guy?" he said, a little defensively. "I won't do anything with Haley that you wouldn't let me do."
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:41 am

"Nah, you're actually a really awesome guy and I'm glad you two can be happy. It's totes adorbs and you guys make an awesome couple. Just don't break her heart. I mean, I can't control what you guys do or anything. That'd be weird."
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:47 am

Paul just stared at her blankly for a minute. "You... could," he said. "I mean, I wouldn't do anything with her that'd upset you or make you jealous or anything, y'know?"
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:52 am

Elise looked blankly back at him. "Huh? Why would I get jealous? And holy cow, why would I get upset about anything? What you guys do is totes your own thing. I'm not gonna like, control that. That'd be weird."
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:55 am

Paul just stared at her a minute. "You're awesome, you know that?" he said, sincerely.
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:04 am

"Oh, uh... Thanks, I guess," she said a bit awkwardly, "I mean, that's what friends are supposed to do, right? I want her to be happy, and you seem like the guy that can do that for her." Elise smiled at him. "You're pretty stellar yourself, after all."
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:08 am

He grinned. "Okay, seriously, I know I'm a guy and all, but can I have one of those hugs? Or am I going to have to just take it and leave this feeling awkward?" he joked.
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:15 am

"Of course you can! And any time you want one, just ask. Or don't. Whichever. You know, they say hugs actually literally make people feel better? I read it in this little blog I saw once. Some sort of chemical or something is all released and it makes you feel good. I can't remember the details, but I thought it was really neat!" She once again rambled, scootching up. Wiggles made an adorable little noise as she woke, rolling off to the side. Elise then leaned over and gave Paul a big hug.

*Gasp* What did I miss?! Are you two together?! Oh my gosh this is great news!
What? No! He's with Haley, silly goose. Everyone needs a hug sometimes.
Ohhh!
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 am

Soooo... this is going to be interesting. he thought, hugging her back and finding himself unsure if he should be enjoying it.
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:55 am

She hugged him pretty tight, giving him a squeeze before she let go. "Did you know there's people who charge for cuddling out there? They're some sort of... Oh what was it... Professional cuddlers or something. They make tons of money." She was on a roll of useless information today, apparently.
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:05 am

"What, seriously?" Paul said, cocking an eyebrow in a 'wtf?' manner. "That's just... wow. But I guess it works. I mean, you could make a fortune," he half-teased.
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:14 am

"Yeah there was this video where this chick was talking about doing it. She would like, massage them sometimes too. It was do weird. And yeah, definitely a fortune," she said, apparently thinking he meant 'you' as in the general population. She was a bit clueless. "Can you imagine how much actresses and stuff could make if they did that? Holy cow."
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:18 am

"...Probably not as much as they'd make from their movies," Paul offered, reasonably. He tried very hard not to think about her cuddling and massaging, which of course made him think intently about it, turning him a bright shade of red and making him look very interestedly at the horses for a bit.
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:26 am

If she had noticed anything, she didn't say a word. It was likely she hadn't really noticed. Seeing his attention turned back to the horses, she looked at them as well. "My favorite is when they play with their ball. They have this huge red ball, but I think it's in the barn. They kick it and knock it around and it's so cute."
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:30 am

"Horses. Playing kickball. That... sounds like some extreme sport that someone should have thought of, like polo meets kickball," he joked.
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:36 am

She laughed, pulling out her phone and searching for a video. "There's this one video out there... This horse is playing with this ball and just tanks it after trying to jump on it. It's so funny! Here... Here it is..." She scootched over to him, showing the screen where, indeed, a white horse had been jumping all over a ball before it jumped directly on it and derped onto the ground. ((I will include the video when I get to my computer tomorrow :) ))
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:44 am

Paul couldn't help laughing. "Oh god. That didn't hurt it, did it?"
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:56 am

"Nah, I think he was okay. I mean, if he wasn't, then they wouldn't post it, right?" She began to sound worried.
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Paul Valmont » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:58 am

"Yeah," Paul agreed. "I think they can only show it if it's a person that's getting hurt,."
Paul Valmont
XI Student

Next

Return to Stuart Recreational Complex