Orientation - Refreshing Refreshments

The Estate's meticulously kept gardens, including a hedgemaze that students have occasionally described as "sadistic" and a sizeable rose garden. Benches in shaded spots are plentiful, and the gardens are popular to study in on pleasant days.

Re: Orientation - Refreshing Refreshments

Postby Veronica Glarette » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:52 pm

Seeing other people clap, she holds her journal in between her arm and her side, clapping softly.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:02 pm

"And I look out here and I know many of you are unsure of yourselves. You don't know where you fit. You don't even know if you can fit."

"I remember, and I remember vividly when I stood where you stand, in every meaningful sense."

"You'll soon find that 'fitting' only matters if you want it to. You are all beautiful. You are all wonderful. Your place in this world can be whatever you want it to be, and our job is helping you realize that. Helping you make that happen."
Samantha McManus
Faculty

Postby Blaine Slinger » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:07 pm

Blaine yawned, and checked his watch.

He then smacked the watch, because it wasn't working.
Blaine Slinger
XI Student

Postby Graham Jaeger » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:17 pm

Graham clapped along with everyone else. He briefly thought he could hear his father grumbling all the way from Michigan.
Graham Jaeger
XI Student

Postby Gary Kelsey » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:40 pm

Gary looked around at the people clapping. Apparently he hadn't been paying much attention.
Gary Kelsey
XI Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:50 am

Samantha McManus wrote:"And I look out here and I know many of you are unsure of yourselves. You don't know where you fit. You don't even know if you can fit."

"I remember, and I remember vividly when I stood where you stand, in every meaningful sense."

"You'll soon find that 'fitting' only matters if you want it to. You are all beautiful. You are all wonderful. Your place in this world can be whatever you want it to be, and our job is helping you realize that. Helping you make that happen."

Hearing these words, Veronica eases up a bit, smiling softly. This woman seems very kind and understanding.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Theresa McMasters » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:37 am

Theresa walked out during the speech to stand beside Vivienne. She clapped at the last remark, smiling to herself.
Theresa McMasters
XU Student

Previous

Return to The Gardens and Estate