At the Hedgemaze feeding the Hedgies((Open))

The Estate's meticulously kept gardens, including a hedgemaze that students have occasionally described as "sadistic" and a sizeable rose garden. Benches in shaded spots are plentiful, and the gardens are popular to study in on pleasant days.

At the Hedgemaze feeding the Hedgies((Open))

Postby Vertie Easley » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:52 pm

Vertie was kneeling at one of the outer wall of the Hedgemaze zip-lock baggie in hand and a small group of little black eyes and prickly faces looking for treats. "See, good place, safe place. Food place, warm place." She spoke simply to the small animals, but she moved their emotions and primal desires gently.
Last edited by Vivienne Chinnoir on Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vertie Easley
XI Student

Re: At the Hedgemaze feeding the Hedgies

Postby Brigid Plunder » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:03 pm

Cautiously, Brigid makes her way over.

"Uhm... hey," she says quietly once she's near enough.
Brigid Plunder
XI Student

Re: At the Hedgemaze feeding the Hedgies((Open))

Postby Vertie Easley » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:10 pm

The small critters suddenly darted back into the protection of the hedge, their tiny eyes shining and watching Brigid cautiously.

"Hey."
Vertie Easley
XI Student

Postby Brigid Plunder » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:12 pm

"I just wanted to... you know, apologize."

"I couldn't see my way through to it when everyone was getting on me at dinner, but..."

"...you didn't deserve that."
Brigid Plunder
XI Student

Postby Vertie Easley » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:26 pm

"You aren't perfect, I'm not perfect. I shouldn't have blown up like that. I want to help you. You guy don't have years to work on your balance. You don't have unrestricted space and abundant...prey to hunt. You all are in danger and you are a danger to everyone here." She looked over at Brigid.
Vertie Easley
XI Student

Postby Brigid Plunder » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:29 pm

"And I don't know if it's my power, or how I was raised, but I'm just... not wired to back down."

"If anything, having the wolf in me has made that worse."

"It's not... it's not an excuse, but... I'm just not sure I know any other way to be."
Brigid Plunder
XI Student

Postby Vertie Easley » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:45 pm

"And if it had been your father? Would you submit to him?" She asked softly.
Vertie Easley
XI Student

Postby Brigid Plunder » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:48 pm

"My father wouldn't attack me to settle a grudge."
Brigid Plunder
XI Student

Postby Vertie Easley » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:38 pm

"Perhaps, but he is not female nor is he a wolf, then again you can never challenge him as you had challenged Murphy. He is your father, you submit because you love him, respect him, his strength, his leadership, his love and commitment to your mother help to make you feel secure and safe. That is the job of the Alpha couple, some packs is it literally the parents, if not then it is usually a male and female couple..." She smiled. "This pack has two females as the alpha couple. Murphy has chosen Theresa as her mate, her partner and her second in command. You crossed a line, by mistake. Murphy human knew and understood, she forgave you. The wolf needed more, it needed something according to its "wolf" rules. It needed to reestablish that it was the alpha, that just because you...cuddled with Theresa, you are not alpha. It wasn't all on you, she needed it for herself. Needed the balance. Of course you won, and that's fine. Alphas need strong wolves to make them strong. Theresa didn't know that you won and then freely and willingly give Murphy dominance over you. She and her wolf thought there was a change in leadership. We all did. Then you didn't submit to Theresa, the second in command...well you were there."
Vertie Easley
XI Student

Postby Brigid Plunder » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:46 pm

"I don't even know who was aware of what, then. Murphy and I... well, we're a lot alike. Or at least she thinks so, that's why she felt threatened by me being close with Theresa."

"I'd just... hoped it was over. It was between me and Murphy. We were laughing by the time we healed up."
Brigid Plunder
XI Student

Postby Vertie Easley » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:19 pm

"I think the threat of loosing Theresa comes from many places, they just started out, they are also a same gender couple. I don't know if their wolves will bond the way typical Alpha couples do. Most packs I've felt need that security that "mom and dad" are always there. You could, theoretically, beat Murphy, become Alpha and win Theresa's wolf. I could be wrong and I know you would never do something like that, but as I said wolves don't work the way people do. Now, your wolf and her wolf were fine, but no one else's wolves knew who was Alpha after that fight. I think Theresa is more in touch with the raw nature of her wolf, she seemed to be more upset faster then the others. Stephanie also picked up fast on the possible change in leadership."
Vertie Easley
XI Student

Postby Brigid Plunder » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:48 pm

"I think we all just assumed Murphy was the leader since she bit, like, most of us."
Brigid Plunder
XI Student

Postby Vertie Easley » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:03 am

Vertie nodded. "That's what I thought, she just needs to start acting like it now, because things can change and some times does in packs. Both you and Stephanie have qualities that would make either of you good Alpha's. You as humans have chosen and will stand by that choice, but if your wolves become insecure in the Alpha or in their role in the pack, it could cause problems again."
Vertie Easley
XI Student

Postby Brigid Plunder » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:51 am

"I don't know if she wants to be in charge, but that should be her choice, right?"
Brigid Plunder
XI Student

Postby Vertie Easley » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:18 am

"Of course, there's always a choice, but wolves need an Alpha. The Alpha needs pack members who will stand beside them, behind them, for them and with them. An Alpha is not an alpha without a pack who respects them and a pack is not a pack without an Alpha they respect."
Vertie Easley
XI Student

Postby Brigid Plunder » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:02 pm

"They... calmed down a lot after the challenges were over."
Brigid Plunder
XI Student

Postby Vertie Easley » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:25 pm

"That's what happens when wolves have an Alpha they trust and know where they belong within the pack."
Vertie Easley
XI Student

Postby Brigid Plunder » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:26 pm

"So that's... that happened, huh? I know I've been feeling a bit... different, I guess."
Brigid Plunder
XI Student

Postby Vertie Easley » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:47 pm

"Murphy's been reluctant to take formal hold of the position you all want her to take. You and Stephanie are both capable, but not first choice. Your wolves know they need a leader and that they can do the job, neither of them want the other to lead, for reasons. Murphy needs to accept soon, or it's just going to get worse."
Vertie Easley
XI Student

Postby Brigid Plunder » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:47 pm

"...again? But... I thought I'd settled things with Steph."
Brigid Plunder
XI Student

Postby Vertie Easley » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:57 pm

"You and Stephanie are fine, now. You both think of Murphy as Alpha, you have someone to trust, someone to follow, a place to belong. If Murphy declines, someone needs to step up. This pack has several people who can lead for very different reasons. You are strong, Stephanie is wise, Theresa is a very strong personality and strong willed. Even I could take the role if the pack desired. I'm no wolf, but I do have my way of dealing with pissy animals. I could never fight for it, I would have to be chosen by the pack, but that's beside the point."
Vertie Easley
XI Student

Postby Brigid Plunder » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:26 pm

"So after, like, all the pack challenged me, we still have to try to get Murphy to take it back?"
Brigid Plunder
XI Student

Postby Vertie Easley » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:18 pm

"Only if you do not want it. There doesn't have to be any challenges if she accepts. Really, there doesn't need to be any so long as everyone agrees on who's taking lead and that person takes it. If you want the truth, Theresa's wolf will follow no one willingly but Murphy, Stephanie's wolf thinks of you as a pup still needing time and experience. I think Stephanie feels best being the teacher and guide, not Alpha. My opinion, make Theresa or myself Alpha, with Theresa comes Murphy. I can "make" the wolves fall in line. I don't want to but I can if that is what you all need in order not to run off in fifty directions and likely causing some sort of horrible B movie apocalypse scenario.
Vertie Easley
XI Student

Postby Brigid Plunder » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:25 pm

"I still haven't talked to Theresa since she challenged me," she sighs.

"I'll... talk it over with Murphy, I guess."

"Well, as far as 'talk' goes with her."
Brigid Plunder
XI Student

Postby Vertie Easley » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:32 pm

"Just remember, if you don't want it, blink first. No harm, no foul." Vertie smiled.
Vertie Easley
XI Student

Postby Brigid Plunder » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:35 pm

"I guess I'd better be prepared to belly up to the bar if she doesn't want to take it back."
Brigid Plunder
XI Student

Postby Vertie Easley » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:49 pm

"It should be too hard to be Alpha of this pack. You're all just so directionless, no one knows what to do, where to go or why they're doing what they're doing. Have to start somewhere."
Vertie Easley
XI Student

Postby Brigid Plunder » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:58 pm

"So if I've got to be the big wolf, I'll be the big wolf."
Brigid Plunder
XI Student

Postby Vertie Easley » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:44 pm

"You aren't alone. You'll have the pack, your family, your friends. Once this is settled it will no longer be 'you' and 'them'. It will be 'us' and 'we'."
Vertie Easley
XI Student

Postby Brigid Plunder » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:07 pm

"That sounds... good. It feels right."
Brigid Plunder
XI Student

Return to The Gardens and Estate