Fresh air to help the job efforts

The Estate's meticulously kept gardens, including a hedgemaze that students have occasionally described as "sadistic" and a sizeable rose garden. Benches in shaded spots are plentiful, and the gardens are popular to study in on pleasant days.

Fresh air to help the job efforts

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:13 am

Ryan set down the stack of papers next to him as he leaned back against a tree, looking around until he found a rock big enough to weigh them down as he got his notebook set up. Lesson plans were his least favorite thing these days, but they had to get done. And coming outside beat the hell out of squeezing into one of their tiny offices. He looked around for Steph before he shrugged and got started while waited for her.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Re: Fresh air to help the job efforts

Postby Stephanie Kaltiera » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:24 pm

"Hey there, handsome," Steph grinned, setting her backpack down and taking a seat next to Ryan.
Stephanie Kaltiera
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:48 am

Ryan chuckled a little, looking up at her. "Well, someone's in a great mood for being stuck doing lesson plans for bratty kids," he joked. He shifted his bags around to make room for her. He frowned for a second, like something was nagging at him, but quickly shook it off.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Stephanie Kaltiera » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:13 pm

"I'm not stuck in that broom closet, and I'm trying to focus on the positives lately...so no sense being upset about a little planning for our favorite shitheads," she smirked.
Stephanie Kaltiera
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:28 pm

That did make Ryan cock his eyebrow as he smirked. "I thought that was my line. Is it my turn to be the responsible one defending their character? I don't want to go shirking it or anything," he teased.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Stephanie Kaltiera » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:42 pm

"Only if you promise to cry like a little bitch in your office, then I buy you Chinese and cheer *you* up,"
Stephanie Kaltiera
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:47 pm

"Can I skip the crying in favor of aggrivated moping? Crying wasn't really my thing," he joked. "And do I need to start getting pissy over swearing? Or are we just letting that go for now?"
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Stephanie Kaltiera » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:55 pm

"I'll allow it," she grinned toothily. "And yes. One of us has to be proper, and I'm tired of it. Now I'll just have to seduce that gorgeous French girl and our roles will be truly switched,"
Stephanie Kaltiera
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:00 pm

"That'd make one of us," Ryan said dryly. "She's gotten... weird since our last date. I've seen the signs before." He opened another notebook. "So we're still ruling out a surprise Sentinel simulation, right?"
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Stephanie Kaltiera » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:09 pm

Steph conveniently ignored that question and focused on what was actually interesting her. Ryan would notice a certain feral gleam in eyes, which had been yellow for most of the times they'd seen each other lately, come to think of it. "Oh? Things not working out?" she frowned sympathetically.
Stephanie Kaltiera
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:17 pm

"Yeah. Karma's a bitch, right?" Ryan said, smirking. "I've done my share of fucking over, now it's my turn to get fucked over. You can gloat if you want."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Stephanie Kaltiera » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:23 pm

"...I'd rather not. I'd rather do something else entirely, actually..." she said moving suddenly with impressive speed to straddle Ryan's legs, grab his shirt with both hands, and pull him in for a long, hard kiss.
Stephanie Kaltiera
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:00 pm

Did Ryan see it coming? Possibly. He at least had an inkling. Did he do anything to stop it? Stop the girl that he always harbored a thing for from coming at him in the rare moment when they were both relatively strings-free? Hell no. He kissed her back just as hard, thought briefly banished from his mind. There was one thing, though, that finally pushed through into his head. He knew Steph, after all, and what might pass by one person wouldn't escape his notice. So he finally met her eyes when the kiss broke. "What's going on?" he asked quietly, his gaze fixed on those yellow eyes. He was growing increasingly suspicious that Steph wasn't exactly calling the shots in favor of Her.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Stephanie Kaltiera » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:07 pm

"Just doing something that we needed to do years ago..." she said breathlessly.
Stephanie Kaltiera
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:40 pm

Part of him wanted to let it stay at that. That was exactly what he wanted to do, exactly what he'd wanted for... well, quite a while now. He knew how he felt about her, it was a bit of an elephant in the room for both of them for quite a while now. But that didn't mean he didn't have a conscience. Or maybe he didn't just want to rush and screw things up again. Either way, he couldn't just ignore what he knew about her, or ignore that weird feeling that something was just wrong. "And what about when she goes back to sleep?" he asked, hating every word. Just kiss her, you idiot. It's what you always want to do...
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Stephanie Kaltiera » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:43 pm

"I've stopped trying to make her go to sleep...we're a part of each other and trying to fight a part of yourself is just foolish. We know what we're doing..."

do we?
Stephanie Kaltiera
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:06 pm

Ryan wavered for a moment. Something still felt off to him, nagging at him. But maybe it was just paranoia? Something always went wrong... either she was seeing someone or he was, either he put things off or she did. When was the last time they were both here, no strings tying them down, both ready to face what was glaringly obvious? A damned long time ago

He was only human. She was one of the few people he trusted absolutely, and if he had to be honest about how he felt... He snapped out of his train of thought and grabbed her behind her head, taking the initiative this time to pull her in for a hard kiss.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Stephanie Kaltiera » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:43 pm

Steph offered no resistance and returned the kiss eagerly, the lesson planning (and surroundings, with possible observers) completely forgotten.
Stephanie Kaltiera
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:51 pm

"Maybe we should have done the plans in the office," Ryan joked, somewhat breathlessly. "Wouldn't be the first time the furniture was broken..."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Stephanie Kaltiera » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:57 pm

"Easier for people to hear things there," she growled seductively. "Not many prying eyes or ears in the woods though..."
Stephanie Kaltiera
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:09 pm

"Well, I do remember how... Interesting you can make being in the forest," Ryan added, a wicked grin crossing his face as he decided 'the hell with it.'
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Stephanie Kaltiera » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:46 pm

"Why don't we find out just how interesting things get," she whispered breathily into his ear.
Stephanie Kaltiera
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:36 am

"You know that I love the way you think, right?" Ryan whispered back. He kissed her, hard, starting to push her back, reflecting for a bit on the fact that it was nice to have some time in the forest where nothing was trying to eat him for a change.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Stephanie Kaltiera » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:22 pm

Steph allowed herself to be pushed backwards slightly, rising up smoothly, and offering her hand to Ryan to help him stand up. "So...what's a girl got to do around here to get swept off her feet and flown into the woods?"
Stephanie Kaltiera
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:20 pm

Ryan smirked wickedly, pulling her up against him with his arm around her waist. "Now this takes me back," he said, wings forming on his back. Now if I can just not screw up this time.... With a surge of his wings he took them into the air. He could have just flown without the wings, but using them was... More nostalgic.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Stephanie Kaltiera » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:59 pm

"You haven't lost your touch," she grinned, gazing at the grounds from high up in the air.
Stephanie Kaltiera
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:22 pm

"Some things you never forget," he said, sparing his gaze from his path to meet her eyes for a moment. Oh for god's sake, have some self control, Ryan... Your flirting isn't usually this cheesy.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Stephanie Kaltiera » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:54 pm

Steph clung tightly to him. She knew he'd never drop her, and honestly a fall wouldn't kill her, or even injure her for that long, but it was still a bit scary.
Stephanie Kaltiera
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:49 pm

Ryan couldn't help smiling as they came up on the forest. "You never did get used to this, did you," he teased. "We'll have to finally fix that." As he came in toward the forest, his wings dissipated into motes of light, and he glided, a bit more upright, under his own power until he came to a rest on a thick tree branch. "Hm... we could stop up here," he teased, the nostalgia even stronger now. "But I remember you not liking me being in the trees very much..."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Stephanie Kaltiera » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:18 pm

"I'm never ever going to live that down, am I?" she smirked.
Stephanie Kaltiera
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:22 pm

Ryan grinned. "Well come on. Who doesn't like love bites?" It was a good story, after all.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Stephanie Kaltiera » Mon May 04, 2015 1:16 pm

"Now you're just asking for it," she grinned.

What if we made him like us.... a small voice at the back of her mind asked.
Stephanie Kaltiera
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon May 04, 2015 5:02 pm

"That's the idea," he agreed, then he quickly pushed her back against the trunk of the tree and kissed her. His balance up here was much better than hers, but he liked keeping her a little off balance. Things had always been more... 'interesting' when they each had to fight back a little (plus, he knew he could keep her from falling in a pinch).
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Stephanie Kaltiera » Sat May 09, 2015 6:06 pm

Steph didn't resist the kiss, but did cling to him a bit harder as she was pushed back. She broke off the kiss after a moment only to lean her forehead against his while she ripped his shirt open and then kissed his neck and shoulder breathily. She playfully bit into his shoulder, which under normal circumstances wouldn't do anything...but her canines were much better described as fangs at the moment.
Stephanie Kaltiera
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat May 09, 2015 8:02 pm

This made Ryan jump a little. Biting? That was nothing new to him. Biting with sharp teeth? He did his best to not think about things like, well, vampires trying to eat him, or werewolf maulings in the woods. "Hey, now, what's the big idea," he said, trying to chuckle a little. What was getting into her? "I thought you liked me in one piece," he teased, not quite being as rough with her clothes as he started pushing her shirt out of the way.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Stephanie Kaltiera » Sat May 09, 2015 8:59 pm

"Sorry," she grinned, "been a while...just excited..."

FTB?
Stephanie Kaltiera
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat May 09, 2015 9:12 pm

FTB

Ryan leaned his head back against the trunk of the tree, holding onto Steph so that neither of them would fall off... though he wasn't trying to think about where any discarded clothes had ended up. He'd take care of that soon enough. "You know... way my luck has been going lately? If we had any invisible students I'd be positive that we were on the school network already." As it was? He couldn't see any other shoe that was ready to drop, thankfully.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Stephanie Kaltiera » Sun May 10, 2015 11:59 am

Steph chuckled, "I'm glad we don't. Rumors are one thing, video evidence is another thing entirely."
Stephanie Kaltiera
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Mon May 11, 2015 8:09 am

"Then the jealous assassination attempts start happening a few days later. Yeah, quiet is better," he decided, nodding seriously. This is a dream. You don't get second chances when you fuck up like I've fucked up.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Return to The Gardens and Estate