Bonfire - Spooky Ghost Stories ((open))

The Estate's meticulously kept gardens, including a hedgemaze that students have occasionally described as "sadistic" and a sizeable rose garden. Benches in shaded spots are plentiful, and the gardens are popular to study in on pleasant days.

Re: Bonfire - Spooky Ghost Stories ((open))

Postby Haley Crusek » Wed May 06, 2015 10:12 pm

Haley looked around conspiratorially, her shoulders hunched over for effect. "When I was younger, we lived closer to downtown Austin, not that far from UT's campus...I was walking home from my friend Carly's apartment one night, alone. My friends were being douchebags so I left before my parents were gonna come get me, and just told them that I was grabbing a cab. I didn't have any money though so I walked.

"Normally, it's pretty busy--lot of people out walking their dogs or going to bars to see live bands but this night it was just dead out. I was already creeped out by this after just a few minutes so I was rushing to get home. About ten minutes away from home I saw this woman ahead of me....I think she was a woman at least...she was all....walking really weird. Shuffling or limping really, like she was hurt. And she was wearing her PJs. She looked terrible and dirty, and she just had this like...really creepy vibe to her. I started to catch up to this girl pretty quickly.

"I stopped before I got to close...I was about to think of crossing the street when she slowed down and turned towards me....

"...except she didn't turn around like a normal person. Her head just twisted, totally around, like a creepy fucking Barbie doll. Her face was covered in blood. 'WHERE IS MY BABY?!' she moaned." Haley added a bit of an effect to her voice with her telepathy that was surprisingly chilling.

"I couldn't move. I was terrified. I just pointed in the opposite direction as far away from me as I could, and whimpered 'o-over there,' the woman said nothing and then just started to limp over that way until I couldn't see her any more. I was about to just turn and run, my legs finally thinking about working when I heard this awful roar."

Haley again made her voice sound echoey and intimidating as she leaped up from her seat, "SHE IS NOT HERE!!!" I whipped around and this lady was crawling back towards me like a crab, faster than anything could possibly move, her head backwards. She projected the image in her mind out to the group with her TP, almost as if they were in the narrator's shoes, before the image faded to black as the horizon dropped out of view as if they'd fallen to the ground, passed out from fright.

"I don't remember what happened next...they told me a neighbor found me passed out on the sidewalk and took me home. I told a few people...but no one believed me...I learned later that a woman had thrown herself from a high balcony after she lost her baby and her family after her boyfriend left her for another woman."

((Sorry for the holdup folks....work exploded the past two days. Also, Haley is clearly a fan of creepy Korean webcomics ))
Haley Crusek
XI Student

Postby Blaine Slinger » Thu May 07, 2015 6:08 pm

"Th...that was a g...good story..." Blaine said, still looking at the ground.
Blaine Slinger
XI Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Thu May 07, 2015 6:21 pm

"Kay lets out a couple undignified squeaks during the story, ending with a definite yelp at the telepathic 'vision'.

"H-holy cr--cannoli, what was that, Haley!?"
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Graham Jaeger » Thu May 07, 2015 6:54 pm

"I think they call that cheating," Graham teased, "Well played Haley."
Graham Jaeger
XI Student

Bonfire - Spooky Ghost Stories ((open))

Postby Haley Crusek » Thu May 07, 2015 7:11 pm

"Just special effects," she grinned
Haley Crusek
XI Student

Postby Emily Inque » Fri May 08, 2015 7:38 pm

"That was terrifying," Emily says in her usual dull monotone.

It was probably the closest to a reaction anyone could probably get out of the girl.
Emily Inque

Postby Kay Haddock » Fri May 08, 2015 7:58 pm

"Man, nothing gets to you, huh?" Kay asks, almost admiring Emily's cool demeanor.
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Emily Inque » Fri May 08, 2015 8:14 pm

"Scientists inhibited my emotional capacity in order to make me more efficient, ma'am," Emily says.
Emily Inque

Postby Haley Crusek » Sun May 10, 2015 12:00 pm

"I'm never really sure if you're pulling our legs or being serious with the shit you say..."
Haley Crusek
XI Student

Postby Emily Inque » Sun May 10, 2015 12:53 pm

"I am an impenetrable enigma, ma'am," Emily agrees.
Emily Inque

Postby Kay Haddock » Sun May 10, 2015 1:33 pm

"More efficient at what?" Kay asks a question that got delayed by her staring at Emily.
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Emily Inque » Sun May 10, 2015 4:07 pm

"Giganto hunting," Emily says.
Emily Inque

Postby Kay Haddock » Sun May 10, 2015 4:51 pm

"Oh." she says, considering whether she should pretend to know what that is or not. "That's... nice."
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Emily Inque » Sun May 10, 2015 7:17 pm

"I am joking, ma'am," Emily explains.
Emily Inque

Postby Kay Haddock » Sun May 10, 2015 8:03 pm

"Oh yeah, of course!" Kay fakes a laugh. "Funny." she adds with a totally not embarrassed smile.
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Emily Inque » Mon May 11, 2015 12:43 am

"Thank you, ma'am," Emily says. She bows her head slightly.
Emily Inque

Previous

Return to The Gardens and Estate