Wandering the grounds

The Estate's meticulously kept gardens, including a hedgemaze that students have occasionally described as "sadistic" and a sizeable rose garden. Benches in shaded spots are plentiful, and the gardens are popular to study in on pleasant days.

Wandering the grounds

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Mon May 04, 2015 12:35 pm

Sitting on his nimbus cloud in the garden,Thomas looks at all the new books received. Opening one book and then tossing it to the side and then opening another and tossing it. A frown kinda comes over his face. A little upset as to not find much about is ability. Knowing he came her for help he had hoped maybe something would point him in the right direction.

"If these books can't tell me anything, how will I know what to do." He yells out.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Re: Wondering the grounds

Postby Kara Vanderbilt » Mon May 04, 2015 12:46 pm

"Books are overrated anyway." a young redhead says as she walks over with a friendly grin on her face. "You look like you're new around here. I'm Kara." She doesn't seem too perplexed by seeing him on top of a cloud, more curious if anything.
Kara Vanderbilt
XU Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Mon May 04, 2015 1:02 pm

Startled by someone else being in the garden. His frown turned to a smile. He nodes his head in agreement.

" Yes ma'am I believe your right." He replied.

He jumped down of the cloud and as he did it disappeared. He stuck out his hand for a hand shake.

"My names Thomas, nice to meet you. I am new around here I was hoping maybe I'd be able to blend in. Guess not."
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kara Vanderbilt » Mon May 04, 2015 1:18 pm

"Oh god, don't ma'am me!" she laughs as she shakes his hand. "And you blend in fine, just hadn't seen you around before, so I figured you might be new."
Kara Vanderbilt
XU Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Mon May 04, 2015 1:41 pm

" I'm sorry." He replied

His face turned red from being embarrased.

"Yea I actually just got here this morning. I went a registered for classes and none of them seem to be what I need." He says with a grin on his face.

"So what brings someone like you to a place like this?"

He walked over to one of the benches this time to have a seat. Trying to to draw to much attention that there was just a cloud there and it vanished.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kara Vanderbilt » Mon May 04, 2015 1:51 pm

"Well for one my parents were getting on my case to stop messing around and going to college. But what I'm really here for is to become a super-hero." she grins. "What is it that you were looking for?" she asks, hopping on to the bench to sit down on the backrest with her feet on the actual seat.
Kara Vanderbilt
XU Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Mon May 04, 2015 2:10 pm

He turned and looked at her with a shocked face. "A super-hero?" He asked.
" They do that here?" He turned his head and looked at the ground and then up at the sky. He thought to himself. "I didn't know this school was able to teach that kinda of stuff". He came here to learn how to control his powers. He shock his head cause he knew there was no way he could even think about that.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kara Vanderbilt » Mon May 04, 2015 2:21 pm

"Hell yeah they do. You got a class schedule yet? Cause if it says 'PC' on there somewhere that's Power Control. Are you still in high-school?" she asks, looking at Thomas and trying to gauge his age. "Anyway, PC class is where the highschool kids learn how not to blow themselves or others up with their power and then there's actual training classes for the people who want to be on the X-Teams."
Kara Vanderbilt
XU Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Mon May 04, 2015 2:30 pm

Thomas jumped when she said that.
"No ma'am" He said with a little fear in his voice.
"I'm no longer in highschool, I just turned 18 this year and figured I'd come try this place out. Everything I know I've had to learn
myself."
He bowed his head cause he knew he was probably in trouble already on his first day.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kara Vanderbilt » Mon May 04, 2015 2:38 pm

"Seriously, you have got to stop calling me ma'am. I'm, like, barely 2 years older than you. And it's cool, I didn't have a fancy place like this either. Broke a looot of stuff getting it under control on my own, believe me. The cloud you were sitting on, is that what you do?"
Kara Vanderbilt
XU Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Mon May 04, 2015 2:46 pm

"Sorry it's a southern thing I guess," as he placed his arm behind his head to scratch it. "Yea it's a little of what I can do, I can do alot more, just can't control it as well" his cheecks got real red.
He looked up at the sky and saw a cloud move in from of the sun. He took his hands and pointed to the cloud. He started to smile. As he moved his hands the cloud began to move. He moved it over his head. As he open his arms up the cloud grew in size. He became a beautiful white cloud. Almost like a big ball of cotton candy. As he dropped his hands the cloud turned to a dark grey. It began raining on top of himself." This always happens!" He flapped his hands and the cloud vanished just as the first one did."and this is why I'm here."
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kara Vanderbilt » Mon May 04, 2015 2:58 pm

Kara watches with interest and jumps up and off the bench when the cloud suddenly starts to rain. "I can see how that would get old really quickly. You totally came to the right place though, you're just not gonna find anything useful in any books. It's all about practice. Like training a muscle." she says and throws a couple punches at the open air.
Kara Vanderbilt
XU Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Mon May 04, 2015 3:04 pm

"I agree!" As he shakes his head. "I was just hoping maybe these classes would help he learn it a lot faster! He watched her throw the punches. "So if you don't mind me asking, what is it that you do?" Once again his face light up bright red. He hoped he didn't impose anything. He thought maybe it wasn't such a good thing to ask a lady. Kinda like asking her age.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kara Vanderbilt » Mon May 04, 2015 3:14 pm

"Sure, lemme show you." she says and rolls up the sleeves of her jacket. Coiled around each of her forearms are what look like faintly glowing red ribbons. She flicks her arms forward and the two bands shoot straight forward before going a bit more slack like a whip. "I can control their movement but it's hard, so I mostly try to keep em slack. Punched myself in the face more often than I"d care to admit." she says, making one of the whips twitch and flail for a second.
Kara Vanderbilt
XU Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Mon May 04, 2015 3:19 pm

"That's way cool!" He said with a big smile on his face. "That looks way cooler than me being able to make it rain!" He sat back down on the bench. Maybe he had come to the wrong place. He shock his head as to show he was shaking the idea out of his head. " So how long have you been here?" He asked
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kara Vanderbilt » Mon May 04, 2015 3:50 pm

"Just a couple weeks. And nobody's power is better or worse. I can wreck stuff and maybe if I work hard at it I'll wreck stuff better. You can make it rain, that's some shit people used to pray for, dude!"
Kara Vanderbilt
XU Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Mon May 04, 2015 4:00 pm

"Pray for, sometimes I just pray it would stop." He stood up again from the bench. "So while you've been here, is there anything cool to do?" Thomas wasn't much of a group kinda person, he was a loner kinda person, especially since he was the only one in his town to have powers." I've looked at two books to many already" He said.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kara Vanderbilt » Mon May 04, 2015 4:17 pm

"Well there's a bunch of stuff on the school grounds. There's a fitness center with a swimming pool and saunas over there." she says, pointing at a building behind some trees. "There's a library in the mansion, but that's just more books. The dorm building's got a common room where people hang out sometimes. The really cool stuff is back there..." she says and points in the direction of the lighthouse being visible above the treetops in the distance. "You can't see it from here, but the Point is where all the X-Men toys are. Danger Room, equipment and workshops and all kinds of high-tech stuff." she says, looking almost a little embarrassed when she realizes she's mostly talked about training stuff.

"But that's if you're weird like me and enjoy punishing yourself." she chuckles. "The town's alright, couple pubs, restaurants and such, there's a pretty neat basement club that has good music most of the time, but for anything more you gotta catch a ride to London. I was thinking about doing a trip with a bunch of people. Maybe this weekend. You can come if you want to."
Kara Vanderbilt
XU Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Mon May 04, 2015 4:24 pm

"Boy all of it sounds way to fast pace for a country boy like me." He takes hit foot up and kicks at the ground. " So a trip huh? That does sound like fun." It had been a while since he had hung out with a group of people. Especially mutants like himself." That does sound cool"
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kara Vanderbilt » Mon May 04, 2015 5:26 pm

"You'll get the hang of it. And yeah, gonna get some people together, maybe find a club or something to head to. It'll be fun."
Kara Vanderbilt
XU Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Mon May 04, 2015 5:31 pm

"I agree it does sound fun, I'm in if the others will allow me." A big smile came over his face. As he became happy the cloud started to appear over his head. It started to grow and grow. Thomas looked up at it. He shock his head as to wonder why it even appered.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kara Vanderbilt » Mon May 04, 2015 5:55 pm

"Sure, why shouldn't they. I'll probably send a mail around at some point. Oh hey, cloud's back!" she says and curiously reaches out to see if she can touch it.
Kara Vanderbilt
XU Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Mon May 04, 2015 5:59 pm

His face turns red from her saying something about it. He looks at the cloud and whistles. The cloud comes down to her so that she can touch it. "Go ahead this one won't bite ,I hope"
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kara Vanderbilt » Mon May 04, 2015 6:20 pm

"That'd be impressive all on it's own." she smirks and touches the cloud. "It's kind of surreal."
Kara Vanderbilt
XU Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Mon May 04, 2015 6:29 pm

"Yeah they are pretty cool!" He snaps his fingers together and the cloud starts moving all around the place." They are so much easier to handle when they are small like this one." He snaps his fingers once again and the cloud shots straight up above the two and burst into rain drops. As the drops fall the reflection causes a raindow.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kara Vanderbilt » Mon May 04, 2015 7:01 pm

"You'll just have to ease your way into bigger ones, I bet." she says, craning her neck after the cloud and being rewarded with rain-drops in her eyes.
Kara Vanderbilt
XU Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Mon May 04, 2015 7:05 pm

"That's what I'm hoping to be able to do coming to this school." He takes a dry drag out of his back pocket and hands it to her.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Re: Wandering the grounds

Postby Kara Vanderbilt » Mon May 04, 2015 8:00 pm

"You come prepared, eh?" she chuckles and brushes her hair out of her face before drying herself off.
Kara Vanderbilt
XU Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Mon May 04, 2015 8:27 pm

He smiles. "Yeah when your use to getting wet you always make sure to have a back up plan." He goes over and starts picking up his books and lays then down on the bench.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kara Vanderbilt » Mon May 04, 2015 9:43 pm

"So, you decided on a major yet for the 'mundane' classes?" she asks as she helps him pick up some of his books.
Kara Vanderbilt
XU Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Mon May 04, 2015 9:53 pm

He shakes his head. " Honestly I have no idea. I was directed to the head office I picked my classes and that's it." I felt a little overwhelmed. He took a deep breath and exhaled. As he did a big gust of wind ripped through the area. He gripped the books closer knowing he had caused it. " What are the chooses?"
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kara Vanderbilt » Mon May 04, 2015 10:02 pm

"Most things you'd find at any college. English, Engineering, that kinda stuff. Not like you have to pick one right away anyway. Bunch of people are undeclared still." she says with a wave of her hand. If she notices Thomas causing the gust of wind she doesn't say anything.
Kara Vanderbilt
XU Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Mon May 04, 2015 10:07 pm

Thomas stops to think to himself. He smiles a big grin. "I wonder if they do broadcasting?" He asked. " One of my favorite things to do is talk about the weather."He added. He reaches for the books that Kara had picked up.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kara Vanderbilt » Mon May 04, 2015 11:01 pm

"There's journalism, I think, that's going the right direction. Hell, you could always see if you could put together a college radio station!"
Kara Vanderbilt
XU Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Tue May 05, 2015 2:37 am

"That's a great idea, I could talk about everything and no one would really have to see me." He had a bid smile on his face. He shock the thought out of his mind. He wasn't ready for something like that. " I definitely go tomorrow and see what they got for me" He replied.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kara Vanderbilt » Tue May 05, 2015 11:56 am

"Glad I could be of assistance." she says with a really bad imitation of a British accent.
Kara Vanderbilt
XU Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Tue May 05, 2015 1:37 pm

"So enough about school, what do you have planned for today?" He qas ready to go get into something. Being new to the area he figuted she could maybe show him a good time.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kara Vanderbilt » Tue May 05, 2015 2:57 pm

"I was gonna hit the gym and maybe head into town this evening. Blow off some steam. There's a pub that has live music occasionally. Mostly shitty hard rock bands but the atmosphere's usually pretty good."
Kara Vanderbilt
XU Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Tue May 05, 2015 5:35 pm

"Well do you mind if I go with you?" He asked politely. He through his books into his back pack." I would understand if you have other plans."
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kara Vanderbilt » Tue May 05, 2015 10:46 pm

"Nah, we can hang. What kinda music you usually listen to?"
Kara Vanderbilt
XU Student

Next

Return to The Gardens and Estate