Sep 29th - Analog Lunch

Up until recently maintained as a museum, the childhood home of the Braddock family has been pressed into service as additional housing and classroom space for the Institute. Additionally, the increased demands have led to the main ballroom being converted into a cafeteria for both the Institute and those University students on a meal plan. Student reactions have been mixed, and reports of paranormal activity are as of yet unsubstantiated.

Sep 29th - Analog Lunch

Postby Theresa McMasters » Fri May 08, 2015 12:18 pm

Theresa was sitting, eating her lunch. For once her laptop had remained in her bag and she instead had a stack of cards next to her tray. She read the top one on the stack, seemed to think about it for a moment, then said something. She flipped the card over, looking at the back of it with a frown, flipping it over and back a few times before sighing and moving on to the next card.

((Open))
Theresa McMasters
XU Student

Re: Sep 29th - Analog Lunch

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Fri May 08, 2015 12:51 pm

Thomas walked up behind here watching here play with the cards. He had his lunch in a paper bag. We walked up beside her setting his bag on the table. " Let me guess by the look on your face it wasn't the card you were looking for. Don't worry I'm not that great with magic tricks either."
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Theresa McMasters » Fri May 08, 2015 12:53 pm

"Just a wrong answer," she said, flipping the next card and smiling at the answer. "New here?" She asked, glancing at him.
Theresa McMasters
XU Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Fri May 08, 2015 12:59 pm

" Yes ma'am, Thomas Nimbus is the name." He replies with a smile after seeing her smile. " Do you mind if I have a seat here?" He slides his paper bag lunch over to a empty seat waiting for a reply. He didn't want to be rude and just sit down.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Theresa McMasters » Fri May 08, 2015 1:01 pm

"I'm certainly no ma'am," Theresa said with a snort. "Have a seat. I'm Theresa McMasters. Nice to meet you."
Theresa McMasters
XU Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Fri May 08, 2015 1:07 pm

" Sorry it's out of habbit, I've got to stop doing it." He says as he sits down. He opens his bag and brings out his lunch. He pulls out a water bottle and a tuna fish sandwich. He sets them both on the table. " So what exactly are you looking for in the cards? I mean I'm a gold fish kinda person ."
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Theresa McMasters » Fri May 08, 2015 1:11 pm

"Flash cards," she says. "Working on something for a class. One of those 'need to memorize some stuff' type tests." A glance at the cards would show that the question seemed to be discussing some sort of checklist and the last answer mentioned some sort of 'instrumentation'.
Theresa McMasters
XU Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Fri May 08, 2015 5:19 pm

" How I see" He says taking a bite out of his sandwich. " Is there anything I could help you out?" As he sets the sandwich back on the paper bag.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Theresa McMasters » Fri May 08, 2015 5:22 pm

"Probably not. Just one of those things I need to work my brain through. But if I can handle my powers, I can handle this stuff."
Theresa McMasters
XU Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Fri May 08, 2015 5:55 pm

Thomas finishes off his sandwich and wipes his face off. He opens his bottle of water and takes a drink to help the sandwich go down." Well you'd probably do a little better than me on the studying then, I have the hardest time with mine." He tries to look over at the cards and see if he can see any of the words, but he's to far over to see any.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Theresa McMasters » Fri May 08, 2015 6:13 pm

"Everybody has a hard time, whether they want to admit it or not," she said with a smile at him.
Theresa McMasters
XU Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Fri May 08, 2015 8:10 pm

" Yea I guess so." He say there for a minute and then looked at her." So what class you studying for?"
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Theresa McMasters » Fri May 08, 2015 8:18 pm

"Private tutoring for aircraft operation. Trying to memorize some of the specifics of preflight. There's electronic checklists to handle it, but I want to *know* it as much as possible."
Theresa McMasters
XU Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Fri May 08, 2015 8:23 pm

A shocked look came over Thomas face." Aircraft operation? That's way cool. They are gonna let you fly the jet?" He sat there with his head in his hands staring at Theresa. After realizing he had been staring he quickly stops.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Theresa McMasters » Fri May 08, 2015 9:01 pm

"Eventually, maybe, assuming I don't screw up before then. Which is a distinct possibility."
Theresa McMasters
XU Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Sat May 09, 2015 1:04 pm

Thomas gives her the what you talkin bout look." If you stay postive and put your mind to it I'm sure you'll do fine. Besides that's gotta be way cooler than riding around on a cloud." Thomas drifts off into one of his day dreams. Thinking about flying the jet and pulling the trigger to shoot the guns. A bid smile comes over his face
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Theresa McMasters » Sun May 10, 2015 8:21 pm

"Staying positive is one thing, but you've also gotta be ready to acknowledge that you're gonna screw up sometimes. It helps you make it through when you actually do screw up."
Theresa McMasters
XU Student

Return to Braddock Manor