September 4th: The Rose and Crown

Though many students might prefer going to London, Maldon provides closer amenities for those without a car or unwilling to pay for a cab. Several pubs are available, though the Rose and Crown is notable for having been where Excalibur spent a good deal of their downtime. Also of note is the Plume Library, home to many rare books.

Re: September 4th: The Rose and Crown

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:09 am

"I'm afraid you will not be able to change my opinion on zat." She jokes right back. As they get to the park, she looks around, seemingly for something specific.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:06 am

"Now why would I want to change your mind? Then you might decide you don't need to spend any time with me," Ryan teased, looking around to see what she was searching out.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:15 am

She laughs and finally her eyes are set on something. It seems to be a bed of flowers. Some of them are blossomed, some look to be wilting, and yet others have overgrown a bit and been stepped on in the path. They aren't terribly beautiful looking, but they aren't ugly either. Likely a variant of Sweet Peas. She begins to walk over to them, motioning to them. "What do you see?"
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:07 am

"I'm tempted to just say 'flowers' so I get to see what sort of answer you're aiming for," he half-joked.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:11 am

Arriving at the flowers, she chuckles. "Speak zee truth. What do you see?"
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:17 am

"Flowers," he admitted. "Not particularly well cared for. Planted last year, or at least most of it." His eyes were glowing as he kept studying it. "Thriving all the same. Well rooted in the garden. Part of it is getting ready to die for the winter, not that you can see it yet, but it will be over growing again in the spring."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:20 am

She watches him explain and nods. "Sounds about right."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:33 am

He smirked. "So do I pass the test?"
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:49 am

She smirks back. "It is not a test. It is more off a matter off perspective. How deeply you see in zee world. Do you know what I see?"
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:22 am

"That depends on if you touch it. If you do, I'd assume you'd see more of where it's been than what it is. If that makes sense."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:38 am

She shakes her head and begins to speak. Surprisingly, she doesn't use her powers at all.

"What I see is somesing created for a specific purpose. In zee case off zese flowers, zey were planted for zee beauty and scenery off zee park here. Many people take zem in as a whole, giving little sought to zem individually. One may seem more beautiful zen zee oders, and so it gets picked for it's purpose. Oders here wilt from zee environment, and zese ones..." She motions to the ones that have been stepped on. "Have been stepped on and forgotten. Careless feet and careless soughts."

"Zere are a few sings in common when it comes to zese flowers. Zey continue to fulfill zere purpose and continue to reach for zee light to do so. Regardless off what happens, zey try to continue on and come back stronger in zee future when zey can be strong again." She pauses and leans down to smell one of them. Sweet pea flowers smell fabulous, you know.

"Zere is also somesing else zey have in common. No matter what zey experience, zere is always at least one person zere zat truly appreciates zem for zere purpose. More times zen not zere are a small handful off people zat take zee time to appreciate zem. Zee fact off zee matter is zis: Zey are never alone. Zey are never forgotten. And zey most certainly can mean more to someone zen meets zee eye."

She stops after the long-winded explanation, looking a bit sheepish. It wasn't that she had been trying to give advice; she was simply trying to show him a different perspective. Maybe I should have just stayed there and drank. This sounded better in my head.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:59 am

Ryan smiled at that. It was a sweet way to put it. "I do know that," he admitted. "But I think that your better metaphor for people is... That bed," he said, pointing to one that was less tended, a bit more mixed in its contents.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:00 am

She looks to the other flower bed and tilts her head, then looks back to him. "And now you are wanting me to ask 'why'?" She joked with a smirk.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:03 am

"Or you could tell me why. I'm easy going today," he joked back.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:09 am

She looks to the less upkept bed of flowers and thinks for a few moments. "They are different. Each and every one is truly unique. As far as zee environment goes, it is more wild. Untamed. Zere is much more spontaneity in what surrounds zem zan somesing zat is watched over and pruned for perfection to zee eye."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:22 am

"There is," he agreed. "But things that are unique don't quite do as well. They try to spread, have things around them that make them feel safe, make them feel right. It's just... How they are. Look at that one." He pointed at a larger flower that was poking itself out of a cluster of others. "It's strong. It'll survive. And it fills the purpose that the gardeners have for it. But it doesn't do as well at its own purpose of growing and spreading as it would if another like it would take root right... There."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:27 am

"Who's to say one just like it will not eventually take root zere?"
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:30 am

"It could," he confirmed. "Not this year. But one might spring up next year. It just has to be patient."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:32 am

"How often can you say you have had such an intense conversation about flowers?" She jokes.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:07 pm

"I'm pretty sure that if you told anyone, they wouldn't believe you," Ryan answered, grinning.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:56 am

"I suppose zat will never be known unless I try." She smirks and pulls out her phone while motioning to the flowers with it. "Could always take a picture and post. After all, if it is online, surely it must be true." She jokes.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:43 am

Ryan shrugged, then turned with his back to the flowers, put his arm around Veronica, and held up his phone to snap a picture of them (letting her compose her face first, of course).

Ryan Gabriel
@XSeraph

It's a good day to spend in even better company.
[img66713.jpg]

"There, now you have your truth," he teased.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:19 am

She leans against him and smiles for the picture. It's not a fake smile like people posing, either. She was genuinely enjoying herself. After the picture, she nudges him playfully. "Now zee whole world will know your love off flowers." She smirks.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:22 am

"Or they'll just keep thinking that I'll do anything for a pretty girl," Ryan pointed out. "Try and see, you never know!"
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:07 am

Her face flushed a bit and she smiled sheepishly. "If you say so." She looks at him. "Sank you for coming wis me. I did not mean to bore you wis a speech, mais I felt it could possibly help. Different perspectives can aid in zee sings deep wisin our minds, I sink." She smiles.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:28 am

"So you haven't figured out that you don't bore me yet?" Ryan asked with a smile. "I didn't have to give you my phone number, you know. Or come talk to you on the beach. Or take you to London for dinner."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:40 am

She pauses, looking a bit confused. Did I lose a memory? For a moment she was actually worried, then she realized that she hadn't pushed for any visions lately, so there was no way she could have lost the memory. "But...we haven't gone to dinner?" It was a questioning tone, confused.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:44 am

"Oh, that's right," he said, smiling mischievously. "I'm getting ahead of myself. That was going to be this weekend."
Last edited by Ryan Gabriel on Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:55 am

"You..." She just stops and smiles wide. "What time were you sinking?"
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:59 am

"Not sure. It'll depend on when I can get us a good table. Have to make a few calls. Plus, I need to find out if there's anything you don't like..."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:05 am

"I am not picky, to be honest. I suppose zere is one sing I do not like, but it is kind off silly. I do not particularly enjoy chocolate. Zat is about zee only sing I don't like."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:14 am

"I can work with that. I know a few places I can call. Although I suppose I could narrow it down. Do you dance at all?" Okay, now he was really turning it on.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:21 am

"Well, I suppose zee question is, what kind off dancing are you referring to?"
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:24 am

"Well, assuming you don't mind being a spectacle in the Paris club scene, I know of a few. But if that's not your thing, we can find other things to do."
Last edited by Ryan Gabriel on Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:29 am

"I have been to a few clubs before, mais my dancing is not superb, mind you."
Last edited by Veronica Glarette on Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:35 am

"Well, there's only one way to fix that," he pointed out with a grin. "Although again... Only if you want. I'll even let you decide if the wings stay in or out."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:04 am

"Why would I not want to? I can not sink off a reason why." She tilted her head at his last sentence. "What do you mean?"
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:06 am

"Do I keep the wings out, and we make a big scene, or do I make them disappear and we go a bit more unnoticed," he clarified.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Veronica Glarette » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:12 am

Thinking for a few moments, it doesn't take her long to come up with an answer. "How about you be yourself. Zat is all I ask."
Veronica Glarette
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:53 pm

He smirked. "Well, there are a lot of ways for me to be myself. So you just promise me you'll tell me if how I'm being 'me' is bringing us too much attention for your liking, okay?"
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

PreviousNext

Return to Downtown Maldon