The education of the Fey. Sun. 7th

Though many students might prefer going to London, Maldon provides closer amenities for those without a car or unwilling to pay for a cab. Several pubs are available, though the Rose and Crown is notable for having been where Excalibur spent a good deal of their downtime. Also of note is the Plume Library, home to many rare books.

The education of the Fey. Sun. 7th

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:55 pm

Vivienne had finally managed to track Ryan down and was waiting for him at the front gates.
Vivienne Chinnoir
XU Student

Re: The education of the Fey. Sun. 7th

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:15 pm

"And here we have the first reason that we need to get you a phone," Ryan said as he got off the bike, leaving it growling happily as he handed her the extra helmet.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:44 pm

"And loose the joy and satisfaction of actually speaking with you in person?" She pulled her hair up into a twist, holding it in place as she took the offered helmet.
Vivienne Chinnoir
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:55 pm

"You know, I was hoping that despite both of our MASSIVE misconceptions, this could actually be a good day? So how about we try for that?"
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:02 pm

"As you wish." She smiled and pulled the helmet over her head.
Vivienne Chinnoir
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:05 pm

"...Or maybe a good day for you just involves me being frustrated," he sighed, climbing onto the bike. And waiting to see if she'd know what to do.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:12 pm

She watched him and looked at the vehicle a moment before she carefully swung her leg over and settled up behind him. "Like a horse..." She said over the engine.
Vivienne Chinnoir
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:31 pm

"More or less," he said. "Now... hang on." To his credit, he did give her a minute to comply.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:45 pm

She nodded and took a hold of the bottom edge of his coat and shirt at his sides.
Vivienne Chinnoir
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:00 am

Suit yourself. Ryan didn't gun it out of the gates... but it probably would be a faster start than a horse would give.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:08 am

She didn't lean into him, but he would notice that she gained a hold of more shirt and jacket as the bike actually began to move.
Vivienne Chinnoir
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:27 pm

And with that, Ryan took off, heading up the road toward town. It's not like he was really speeding much, but he wasn't going to go slow just because she was hesitant to hold on more.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:38 pm

She held on, in fact he may even feel nails if he increased the speed too much, but she was not about to "hug" him. She knew that "trick".
Vivienne Chinnoir
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:07 pm

He resisted the urge to go too crazy with his driving, so no speeding and weaving around cars. All the same, they made good time into Maldon, Ryan picking a shopping area that he figured would be able to provide everything they were looking for.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:19 pm

She slipped off and removed her helmet, shaking her hair loose. "I will be relying on you, now. Lead."
Vivienne Chinnoir
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:56 pm

"Your wish, my command, milady," Ryan said, only a little sigh in his voice as they headed into the electronics store. "So... was there any fey equivalent to all of this? I know that everyone likes to think that we're so much more advanced now, but I know that a lot of that has to be ego talking."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:20 pm

"No...devices like these. Scrying magic...a reflective surface and a piece of whomever you wished to contact. Summoning spells...a circle drawn and a piece of whomever you wished to bring forth. Familiars with the ability to cross realms." She walked along the video cameras. "Why seek to change what works?" She smiled into a camera that was hooked into a video feed. "Mostly...fey lack...imagination. That is a purely human trait. They envy it, hate it, admire it."
Vivienne Chinnoir
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:36 pm

"And just how fey are you?" he asked. "I mean, no offense, we just don't see many, obviously. And you don't seem to lack in imagination, so that tells me 'not completely'." He led her along toward where the computers and tablets were.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:46 pm

"My mother said my unique abilities would serve me well here." She lightly ran her hands over keyboards, pressing keys. "If the rumors are to be believed and I take no shame in them, I am half fey."
Vivienne Chinnoir
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:56 pm

Ryan took a bit to show her what her options were, the various notebooks and tablets being what he seemed to know best. "Do I detect hints that those rumors aren't exactly well accepted amongst the fey?" he asked, not sounding at all amused at the prospect.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:14 pm

"It is complicated. At first they thought little of you hiding in your caves, then you changed and began fearing, respecting them, calling them gods. Who would not like that? It even fed some of them made them stronger. You were so teachable, able to learn simple magics, they because amused, like one would be amused by a child learning to walk and talk, but then you began to run and took what they taught...changed it, as is your natures, used it against them. One promised to bring back the old ways, my mother helped him against the will of the Elders. She was punished. She could not fight when the barrier was raised and she was removed from her place as Guardian of the Pathways." She looked at the tablets. "Why are there so many different colors and those...there..." She pointed to the rows of covers and cases. "Why choose a color, just to hid it?"
Vivienne Chinnoir
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:22 pm

"You don't have to use a cover," he said. "Aside from that... no idea. Don't expect everything to make sense, some things are just dumb," he admitted.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:35 pm

"I have noticed." She smiled. "So which is best, oh Sage of the technology?"
Vivienne Chinnoir
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:37 pm

"That depends on what you want to do with it," he said. "If you just want to read? Pretty much anything here will work for you, the lighter the better. If you want to keep up on everything?" He frowned, looking at the options. "That one should be good," he decided, pointing.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:50 pm

Vivienne dug into her pocket and handed Ryan a slip of paper. "These are the classes I have been assigned and the subjects they still wish to test me on. On the back are suggestions from my roommate." There was a short list handwritten on the back.
Vivienne Chinnoir
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:53 pm

Why didn't it occur to me that she was taking classes? "Ah. All right, you'll want that, too," he said, pointing to one of the laptops. "Well, one of these right here. You just need to decide what size feels right to you."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:11 pm

She moved to the display row and lightly touched each machine, carefully lifting each and testing the keys. She finally chose and turned to Ryan with a genuine smile. "This one."
Vivienne Chinnoir
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:28 pm

"That one it is," he said. She looks nice when she actually smiles.... He pulled the little item tags from the displays, then started looking for peripherals she'd likely need. A mouse, cases, all the little things one might get home and say 'oh, I wish I'd gotten that'. "Anything else she thinks you'll need? Otherwise we'll be done here and get you set up with a phone."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:47 pm

She looked over his shoulder at the list, "I think that is all. The...laptop, tablet, and phone...I would...like a blue one."
Vivienne Chinnoir
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:56 pm

Ryan suppressed a chuckle, but not a smile, at that one. "All this, and a blue phone. I think we can manage that." The things I do for peace, he thought as they checked out.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:11 pm

"That was...far less daunting then I had feared. You have been most helpful, your knowledge and your confidence among all those...devices was impressive." she smiled and stopped walking. "Thank you."
Vivienne Chinnoir
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:29 pm

Ryan smirked. "Isn't that supposed to be a dangerous thing to say?" he joked, then added, "You're welcome."
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:39 pm

"Only if you make it." She nodded. "Now, your real challenge. You still have yet to teach me how to use these things. We shall see how amiable we are towards each other afterwards." She smiled.
Vivienne Chinnoir
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:24 pm

"Now now... are you really saying you can't pick up on things that people ask their five-year-olds how to do?" he joked.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:00 pm

"A human five year old or a fey five year old?" She asked with a smirk. "I recall telling you that I am at a slight disadvantage when it comes to all things modern." She paused at a window, casually looking in for a moment. "Truth is, I am worried that my magic and these metal devices will not co-exist."
Vivienne Chinnoir
XU Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:09 pm

"Well, I see all of our sorceresses on their cell phones all the time, so I'd think you're all right," Ryan pointed out.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:17 pm

"Perhaps. Time will tell."
Vivienne Chinnoir
XU Student

Return to Downtown Maldon