Nothing Bad Could Possibly Go Wrong

Though many students might prefer going to London, Maldon provides closer amenities for those without a car or unwilling to pay for a cab. Several pubs are available, though the Rose and Crown is notable for having been where Excalibur spent a good deal of their downtime. Also of note is the Plume Library, home to many rare books.

Re: Nothing Bad Could Possibly Go Wrong

Postby Anika Sloan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:05 am

Something about Nina's laugh gave Anika a chill. She looks from Nina, back to the Irishman. "So what say you? Everyone seems to benefit from this." He was quiet for a few minutes before scoffing. "Alright, ye got yerself a deal. Was getting bored o' the silence round here anyway." As he agreed a large number of the patrons looked to pull money out of their pockets and wallets, heading over to Nina. Looked like everything was going well so far. "Splendid. We'll get the table set up while they get their money situated. You a righty or a lefty? Oh, and you want to do this best two out of three?" She asked him.

"Aye, I don't mind the thought o' feckin ye over more'n once. Two out o' three it is. Oh, and I'm a lefty," He said with a grin. "Are you? Shame. I'm right handed. Oh well. I can still try, right?" She said with a smile. The crowd had heard this all and seemed to take out even more of what they had on hand.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Nina Madaraki » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:10 am

Nina was happily taking everyone's money with a bright smile on her face.
Nina Madaraki
XU Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:21 am

After the table was set, Anika plopped down on the opposite side of the Irishman, tugging off her jacket and stretching. He did the same, only his stretch was more of a flex. There were obvious prison tattoos on his arms. Anika eyed them a bit, her own inked arms looking like more of an art piece than what he had. It probably made her look worse to the patrons.

"Two out o' three. Ye have any last words before I break yer arm?" He asked, a devious grin on his face.

"Eh, I'm not really one for the whole 'last words' thing. If I have something to say, I've likely already said it, mate. Let's get this show on the road. How much are we playing for, love?" Anika asked Nina over her shoulder.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Nina Madaraki » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:26 am

"It looks like about three hundred," Nina says. "Is that a lot? I'm not good with money."
Nina Madaraki
XU Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:31 am

Anika gives her a nod. "It's pretty damn good for a smaller joint like this." Looking back to the man across from her, she smiled and took one last drink from her bottle before reaching her left hand across to clasp his. She had muscle, considering her active lifestyle, but it wasn't nearly as much as he had. "Someone care to do the honors of counting down and the like?"
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Nina Madaraki » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:41 am

"I'll do it!" Nina volunteers excitedly. "All right, boys and girls! Everyone ready? Good!"

"On your mark....get set...Ruffalo!"
Nina Madaraki
XU Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:50 am

Anika laughed at that, and the Irishman looked a bit confused before he started in. The struggle was on for the first round, and from the look on Anika's face, the struggle was certainly real. The man grinned, pushing her arm slowly but surely to the right, closer and closer to the table. Finally, her arm gave out and smacked against the table's surface. "Ow...you have quite the grip there, sunshine. You learn that in prison?" She remarked to him. He didn't seem to take it too well, but he wasn't about to snap. Not with that money on the line. "Ye done getting yer ass handed to you? Or ye need more?" He answered in reply.

"Oh, I definitely want more. See, I'm a personal fan of my ass, so please, hand it to me as much as you'd like." After shaking her hand out a bit she repositioned it, ready to go again. The patrons murmured about how futile it was.
0-1, Irishman
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Nina Madaraki » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:53 am

"Oh, crab baskets," Nina says. "Come on, Anika. Don't lose to this cupcake."

"Alright. On your mark? Get set! Wahlberg!"
Nina Madaraki
XU Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:07 am

"Cupcake?" The man asked, somewhat taken aback as the next round started. Their arms went back and forth for a few as they both tried to down the other. Eventually, the Irishman's hand shoke slightly before Anika slammed it onto the table with possibly a bit more force than needed. There was a look of confusion on his face as he rubbed at his hand.

Logically, she should not have won. The patrons began murmuring their worry to each other. The look on Anika's face was blank, devoid of worry, smugness, or anything, for that matter. Once again, she positioned her hand. "Looks like we're tied, buttercup." He glared at her, looking at her hand for a moment before taking hold of it his eyes locked on hers.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Nina Madaraki » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:12 am

"That was amazing!" Nina cheers on Anika. "Good job! All tied up!"

"On your mark...get set........Hamill!"
Nina Madaraki
XU Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:27 am

Once again, the struggle began. Her eyes were focused intently on his own as they pushed back and forth. It wasn't long before he started to break a sweat, their arms shaking from their efforts. It seemed like ages passed, when finally, his hand was slammed to the table. He seemed absolutely furious, pulling his hand away and looking from it to her. "Ye feckin cheated!" He yelled. She raised a brow. "Did I? I did arm wrestling with you. There's no oil on my hands, just disgusting sweat from your own. You've got to get a handle on your blood pressure, mate. Honestly." He spit to the side. "Yer a lyin sack o' shit an' I'm gonna teach you not to feck with me."

Anika sighed. The patrons were all confused at this point and rather upset themselves they had lost all that money. "First of all, mate, you didn't define the rules. So how am I to know if I cheated if you didn't lay down the ground rules to begin with, hm? It's your own fault, and honestly you should feel ashamed. Because you were so fast to give in to your hard on for a fight, you lost these people some serious money. If you would have defined the rules, then I would have followed them to a T. But, well, you're a bit of an idiot in that respect, I guess."

The patrons looked between Anika, the Irishman, and Nina, confused as to who exactly they should be pissed at.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Nina Madaraki » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:43 pm

Nina just laughs. She seems to be endlessly amused by the people in the bar acting tough.
Nina Madaraki
XU Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:06 pm

It didn't seem the Irishman was ready to let up just yet. He stood fast, getting in Anika's face and grabbing her by the scruff of her shirt. "Yer feckin done." Anika sighed, generally unmoved by the action. "So you're a sore loser too? That's annoying. Look, I'd appreciate it if you got your hands off of me. I go through enough clothes as it is, and I don't feel like replacing this shirt just yet. It's growing on me." He didn't look to give a crap, which wasn't surprising. Reaching up, she took hold of his hand on her shirt. "Maybe you didn't hear me. Your head must be too far up your ass. Hands. Off."

It didn't take long for him to draw back his hand, yelping out. Anika smiled, straightening her shirt. "Thank you. Now, I think you should apologize to the guys here for being an ass and making them lose money. That would be the polite thing to do, right?" She asked, looking around. Nina may notice that the guy has turned his attention from Anika, to her.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Nina Madaraki » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:16 pm

Nina locks eyes with the guy and smiles sweetly.

"You should really listen to her," Nina suggests. "I know you may feel that your masculinity has been challenged, but further provocation will not go well for you."

For some reason, Nina wasn't wearing shoes anymore. Where the heck did her shoes go? That's gross, Nina.
Nina Madaraki
XU Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:05 pm

The man didn't seem put off by Nina's words in the slightest. "Ye think I'm afraid o' a little girl?" At this point, Anika was watching between the two, seeming ready to pounce on the man if he went towards Nina. As she looked at Nina, she noticed the missing shoes and raised a brow. Why...are her shoes off...?
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Nina Madaraki » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:55 pm

NIna laughs at the man. "Oh, goodness. You are adorable."

Nina's shoes were under the table where she left them. Microscopic probes spread from her feet to a small circle surrounding her. Anyone who entered the diameter of the circle would unwittingly be feeding her whatever biological data she cared to know about.

"You've already had your stupid neanderthal butt beaten by one little girl," Nina says. She flexes her fingers. "Care to make it two?"
Nina Madaraki
XU Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:01 pm

It was a challenge the man couldn't turn down. As Nina had said before, his masculinity was challenged. If he turned back now, he'd be seen as a coward. He started towards Nina and Anika gave her a look that seemed to say, are you sure?. She figured Nina had some sort of plan, considering the whole...shoeless...thing...but Anika was also protective of her friends.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Nina Madaraki » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:28 pm

Nina smiled at Anika as the man came at her. She didn't seem to be particularly concerned.
Nina Madaraki
XU Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:36 pm

Anika seemed to relax a bit, but she still looked a bit tense. Nina didn't seem like the ass-kicking type, but for all she knew, looks could be deceiving.

"Ye keep shit talkin. Go on ahead. I'll shut tha' mouth o' yers," he said angrily as he finally reached the point Nina's little probes were at. The patrons began to clear the bar, sensing that things were about to go down. None of them wanted to be a part of it. The bartender slinked behind the bar, his hand idley resting on a baseball bat should anyone get near him.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Nina Madaraki » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:37 pm

Nina laughs again, still flexing her fingers. She's grinning like a madwoman now and there's a dangerous shine to her eyes, "You? No. I can see you. All your bits and pieces and the way they fit together. You're nothing but cheap trash. An evolutionary dead end."

"So why don't you sit down like a good little boy before you get hurt?"
Nina Madaraki
XU Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:06 pm

Anika noted that look in Nina's eyes and began to worry a bit. Not for the guy's safety, really. He was a dick and for all she cared he could drop dead. But if something serious happened, Nina would be in some serious trouble. The last thing she wanted was for a friend to be caught in a really, really shitty situation just because she wanted to have some fun.

Nina's words caused the man to falter just for a moment, the look she gave also giving him a bit of a chill. "Ye ain't scare me," he lied.

Anika slowly began to make her way closer to Nina, making herself very visible to her. The expression on her face was one of concern. It was clear she was sending warning signals to Nina.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Nina Madaraki » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:10 am

"Your heart beat has accelerated. Your pupils are dilated," Nina says. "Perspiration has increased. You're lying."

Nina begins to take a step forward when she spots Anika. Her demeanor falters and she looks a bit confused by the worried expression on Anika's face. For a moment, she's not paying any attention to the thug.

"
Nina Madaraki
XU Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:02 pm

The thug backed up as Nina took a step forward. It was clear he was pretty freaked out by how spot on she was. At that moment, he was in fight or flight mode, and considering he had no idea just what he was up against, he decided flight was the best course of action. As he turned to begin to take off, he tripped over a chair. It was funny, really, and even some of the patrons laughed.

Anika moved over to Nina and lowered her voice. "You looked like you were going to come unhinged. You had me worried."
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Nina Madaraki » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:27 am

Nina giggles, "Don't worry. I'm already extremely unhinged. It can't get much worse."
Nina Madaraki
XU Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:46 am

"Well, I mean he's just a human. If you went too far and accidentally killed the guy, shit would hit the fan. I mean sure, he's a piece of shit bottom feeder, but we don't need you going back in jail just yet, love," she murmured quietly.

The Irishman stumbled a bit more before exiting the bar. People began going back to their seats, looking somewhat worried at the fact two young women had scared away the big bad wolf. None of them were about to try to get their money back either.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Nina Madaraki » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:42 pm

"I would never take a life," Nina says. "Ever."

"But it's sweet of you to worry about me," Nina says with a happy smile. "Thank you."
Nina Madaraki
XU Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:50 am

Anika seems very happy at that response, putting an arm around her. "That's what friends are for, right? Gotta make sure we don't completely snap every now and then," she said with a wink. Most of the patrons had gone back to their own conversations. "What do you say we finish our drinks and get out of here?"
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Nina Madaraki » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:09 pm

"Sure," Nina says. "Where do you want to go?"
Nina Madaraki
XU Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:03 am

"Whichever you prefer. I suggested this place, so it's your turn to come up with something," she said, smirking and finishing off her beer.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Nina Madaraki » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:47 am

Nina looks thoughtful for a moment. She finishes off her drink.

"Hmmmm," Nina says. "Okay. I have an idea."

She smiles brightly, "Ready to go?"
Nina Madaraki
XU Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:29 am

"Ready," she said, placing more than enough bills on the table to cover the cost of the drinks. Apparently she felt bad for the bartender. "Lead the way, sunshine."
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Previous

Return to Downtown Maldon