Same song different tune

Though many students might prefer going to London, Maldon provides closer amenities for those without a car or unwilling to pay for a cab. Several pubs are available, though the Rose and Crown is notable for having been where Excalibur spent a good deal of their downtime. Also of note is the Plume Library, home to many rare books.

Same song different tune

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Wed May 06, 2015 12:50 am

Thomas being new to the area decided to take a ride into the city to see what was some fun things going on. As he flew over the buildings he noticed a nice little pub with a couple of cars parked oit front. He figured he go down and maybe have a drink or two. He made sure to land in the alley way since he was on his cloud. He flew down and went between the two buildings. He stepped down of the cloud and on to the ground. He snapped his fingers and the cloud disappeared.
After brushing himself off he walked in to pud, pushing open the door. The music wasn't all that great but it was better than a quite room he had to stay in. He walked up to the bar and asked for a beer on tap. The bar tender hands him his beer and Thomas pays for it. After a while the music plays a song he likes. Something he could tap his foot to.
In the back of the pub a man and women began to have a little argument. This draws Thomas' attention. The two began to advance towards the door. Before exiting the pub the man slaps the women in the face. Thomas being from the south was raised a man should never lay a had on a women. He pushes himself away from the bar and follows the two outside. He watches as the man pushes the women.
" I'm going to need you to stop that sir" He said ever so politely.
"Or what?" The man asked.
Thomas walks over the the lady and stands in from of her."Or sir you might have to deal with someone your size". He replied with a smile on his face.
" What's a little boy like you doing to do?he said with a little chuckle in his voice. The man raises his hand to go to punch thomas. As he rares back, Thomas blows a breath and cause a gust of wind to knock the man against his car. The man looks surprised. The women behind him runs of and hides behind the car. The man, a little stunned opens the car door and pulls a gun on Thomas.
" I do believe you've brought a gun to the wrong kinda fight." Thomas leans his head back. The sky begins to fill with giant grey clouds. The wind begins to pick and and starts throwing the thrash into the air. The man raises the gun into the air, a little nervous. As he aims the gun at thomas, Thomas looks at the man. A lighting bolt sticks the ground in front on the man, causing him to drop the gun.
"Your one of those freaks!" The man turns and starts running down the street. Thomas turns shakes his head causing the storm clouds to disperse into the night sky. He turns to look at the lady hiding behind the car. She is shaken from everything going on, she seems a little dumb founded.
You are one of those freaks, aren't you?" she yells. She fumbles for the keys to the car and jumps in. Starting it and driving off in a hurry,like she was late for something.
Thomas just shakes his head." Your welcome." He should be use to this by now. He walks back into the pub to try and finish his beer. Everyone inside is quite from watching what had gone on outside."Some day I'll eventually get that thank you." He mumbled before take a sip of his beer.

(((OPEN)))
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Re: Same song different tune

Postby Skid » Wed May 06, 2015 10:47 am

A young man in a ratty leather jacket and torn jeans looks over at Thomas when he comes back inside. He almost looks like a stereotypical punk, though he might just as well be homeless. He gets up from the table he'd been sitting at by himself and walks over to the bar, leaning onto the counter next to Thomas.

"Bunch of ungrateful fucks, the lot of them, aren't they." he says while looking straight ahead, only briefly glancing at Thomas as he's talking.
Skid

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Wed May 06, 2015 12:07 pm

"Yeah, nothing new there." He said sarcasticly. He brought cup up to his face and took another drink of his beer. He glanced over to the man standing next to him. He placed the beer back down onto the counter, and then looked down at the almost empty beer. "I'm surprised I didn't scare you away either."
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Skid » Wed May 06, 2015 12:26 pm

"Why, you wanna pick a fight?" he asks with a thick London accent. "Shoulda sent it right up his arse though, that woulda made sure he won't forget anytime soon." The man glances off to the side and spots a mug of beer sitting in front of a distracted patron. He claps his hand on the counter and the mug suddenly slides across the surface of the bar and into the man's waiting hand. "Cheers mate." he winks at Thomas almost conspiratorially.
Skid

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Wed May 06, 2015 1:00 pm

" So I see your like me then." He finishes off his beer and slams on the bar. "I'd like another one please." He looks a the bar keep. The bar keep looks a light frightened but gives Thomas his beer. "Thank you sir." Thomas looks at the man. " That's the funny part about a lighting strike you never know where it my hit." He takes a drink of his beer, just drink the froth off the top of it. "Besides I don't have full control of my power yet" He mumbled underneath he breath as he took the beer away from his mouth.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Skid » Wed May 06, 2015 2:03 pm

"Ya mean you were aiming for the bloke and just missed? Woulda deserved it, that's fer sure."
Skid

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Wed May 06, 2015 2:07 pm

" You could say that." He says as he places the beer back on the bar. He turns to the man, and sticks out his hand. " Well if your gonna sit and drink with me, my names Thomas. It's good to meet you!"
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Skid » Wed May 06, 2015 3:09 pm

"Thomas, eh? Name's Skid. You don't sound like yer from around here."
Skid

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Wed May 06, 2015 5:24 pm

"No sir, I'm from somewhere different. I'm going to school, to try and understand my powers more." He explained. He took another drink or his beer. Trying not to drink so fast. He didn't want to get to messed up, but trying to get the beginning of the night out of his head.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Skid » Thu May 07, 2015 12:43 am

"Ah, you're one of them, eh? From the school?"
Skid

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Thu May 07, 2015 10:32 am

"Yes sir, well actually I just got here." He said with a little sler in his voice. He finished his beer and turned around in the stool. " I was hoping to learn something, but doesn't seem as if I've learned anything since I've been here."
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Skid » Thu May 07, 2015 11:11 am

"Learning's overrated anyway. Just take life as it comes at ya."
Skid

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Thu May 07, 2015 1:09 pm

He turned and looked at the man." I'm tired of learning on my own, this so gifted people call it is getting on my nervous! I feel like it's a curse!" As he starts to get aggrivated the door swings open from a large gust of wind. " Why is it that when you ask for help noone can?"He asked. It has seemed as if the alcohol has loosened up some emotional feeling. The air outside started change. A storm was rolling in.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Skid » Thu May 07, 2015 2:37 pm

"What, ya think they have some kinda secret to this shit? It's all about trying till it works, mate. You showed that humie what for and I bet that was 'cause you were angry. Get a nice rage going in your chest and everything just streams outta you. Boom!" He punches a fist into his open palm and the barkeeper a couple feet away suddenly seems to lose his footing. He tries to hold on to the counter but it seems to just slip through his fingers and he goes down in a spectacular crash.
Skid

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Thu May 07, 2015 2:57 pm

" I was told the route to all evil is anger!" He cracks his neck. He takes and places his head into his hands and takes three deep breaths. Everything outside becomes calm. Like standing inside the eye of a storm. " There much better. It's okay to let a little steam out."
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Skid » Thu May 07, 2015 3:18 pm

"Bollocks. Anger's like a bad fart. If ya keep it bottled up all you're doing is hurting yourself."
Skid

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Thu May 07, 2015 3:28 pm

" I'm sorry sir I strongly disagree with you." He replies with confidence. " Angry is just an emotion that if let out of hand will control your actions. That's why I try and stay postive." He stand up from the stool. He puts a fake smile and his face.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Skid » Thu May 07, 2015 3:42 pm

"Suit yourself, mate." he says and leans back against the counter, taking a long sip from his beer. "But all the restraint in the world ain't gonna do shit when a guy pulls a gun on you. Sometimes you have ta unleash the lightning."
Skid

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Thu May 07, 2015 3:55 pm

" Yeah well the last time i let it go it wasn't pretty, but I'm stronger now." He walks over to the table next to the window and sits down. There's a checker board sitting there. "So what brings you to a place like this?"
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Skid » Thu May 07, 2015 5:19 pm

"They got an alright beer on tab." he says, curiously following Thomas. When he had gotten up he'd figured it was that he had gotten sick of him, but apparently that wasn't the case. He sits down across from him and finishes off his beer.
Skid

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Thu May 07, 2015 5:45 pm

" Yeah I figured I could come here and clear my head, maybe have some fun, but then all that happened." He looks skid over. The effects beer is starting to wear off. "So what is it exactly that you do?" He asked wondering about his powers.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Skid » Thu May 07, 2015 5:53 pm

"I encourage things to move. Grease the wheels so to speak." he says and lightly touches one of the checker pieces, sending it sliding across the board, barely slowing down even when it bounces off of the other pieces.
Skid

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Thu May 07, 2015 5:58 pm

"Nice, so I know who to call the next time car want start." He said sarcasticly. He turns his head and looks out the window. Something just wasn't feeling right.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Skid » Thu May 07, 2015 6:19 pm

"Relax. I'm sure the humie bastards aren't coming back anytime soon." he says, misinterpreting Thomas expression as he's looking out the window.
Skid

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Thu May 07, 2015 7:57 pm

"It's not that, even thought I kinda wish he would. I'd like to practice with his face!" He said in a frustrated tone. " You ever feel like there's something you need to do and you haven't done it? That's how I feel." Thomas shakes his head. He then takes the pieces of the checker board and starts to stack them in a tower.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Skid » Thu May 07, 2015 9:13 pm

"Sure, mate. Plenty of times. I find it usually helps to go and do it. Bet we could find that guy if we wanted."
Skid

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Thu May 07, 2015 9:17 pm

"Do you think it would.help to find him? I mean what would we do if we found him? He hasn't really done anything to me. Pulled a gun on me ,but he's not the first. Probably won't be the last."
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Skid » Thu May 07, 2015 9:59 pm

"Not many guns around here. Guess you're not used to that Yankee-boy, huh?" he chuckles. "Might make ya feel better anyway to pop him one in the face."
Skid

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Thu May 07, 2015 10:03 pm

"Trust me I'm use to the guns, just don't liked them pointed at me." He said sarcasticly." So skid what's your plans for tonight?" As he said he blew his tower of checker pieces down." I'm feeling a little mischievous."
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Skid » Thu May 07, 2015 11:20 pm

"Could lift a six-pack or two from the gas station, roam around some, see what we can turn up, maybe start a fight with some humies."
Skid

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Thu May 07, 2015 11:26 pm

" I knew there was something I liked about you." He said grinning. " Let's get outta here." He gets up and runs outside. As he is running he turns to Skid. " You got the tab right?" Knowing he was leaving him with the bill. As he stands out side he takes a deep breath in. By the time they got drinking the moon was in the sky shining bright. "Not tonight! We need it dark." Thomas throws his hands in the air with his palms open. The clouds start rolling in covering the moon making dark! " This is going to be fun!"
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Skid » Fri May 08, 2015 10:00 am

Skid sees no reason to get stuck with his own tab, much less somebody else's and just slips out after Thomas.

"Ya know, you surprised me. I woulda sworn you were one of them goodie two-shoes but yer alright, mate!" he says and claps Thomas on the back before finishing his beer and hurling the empty bottle down the road where it shatters on the pavement.

"Oy! Watch it!" somebody shouts at them from a doorway, having stepped out of the way of the empty bottle. Skid just laughs and shouts back. "Ya got a problem? Come and say it to me face, ya barmy git!"
Skid

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Fri May 08, 2015 12:39 pm

" That's the best part about a storm, it can be very unpredictable." He said with a smile. The clouds began to rumble and light up. The wind began to wisp through the streets. When Thomas looked towards the person that yelled out a lighting bolt struck the build he was in. " Oops my bad."
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Skid » Fri May 08, 2015 1:19 pm

The discharge hits the lightning rod on the building but still produces a bright flash and loud thunderclap that echoes through the street. The man standing in the doorway stumbles out of it and falls flat on his ass at the sudden lightning-strike.

"Bloody hell, mate, nice work!" Skid claps Thomas on the shoulder encouragingly.
Skid

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Fri May 08, 2015 5:46 pm

Thomas smiled and shock his head like he meant to do it" That's right ain't nobody gonna mess with us" He yelled out.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Skid » Sun May 10, 2015 12:29 pm

The man scrambles to his feet and takes off running down the road.

"That'll teach ya!" Skid shouts after the man, laughing, and puts an arm around Thomas' shoulder as he takes another swig of beer.
Skid

Return to Downtown Maldon