Something That'll Scare You

Though many students might prefer going to London, Maldon provides closer amenities for those without a car or unwilling to pay for a cab. Several pubs are available, though the Rose and Crown is notable for having been where Excalibur spent a good deal of their downtime. Also of note is the Plume Library, home to many rare books.

Re: Something That'll Scare You

Postby Narrator » Tue May 19, 2015 7:59 pm

The man stares in confusion when his attacks is blocked and flails around when the winds whipping around him begin to pick him up. He doesn't seem like he's listening to what Nick is saying, instead he starts throwing aimless punches at the air currents around him. It's strangely effective, each punch infusing the winds with even more energy, making them burst out of the tight spiral and randomly lashing out. Here and there they rip into the office space and tear apart a monitor or shred a flimsy cubicle divider. Theresa can feel the effects but they are so super-charged and no longer part of any remotely normal weather behavior, it's hard to keep them reigned in.
Narrator
The Architect of Your Misery

Postby Theresa McMasters » Tue May 19, 2015 8:16 pm

"Gotta drop the whirlwind, he's making it more dangerous," she says, drawing the power out of her own whirlwind and focusing on trying to at least contain the offshoots.
Theresa McMasters
XU Student

Postby Nick Varkan » Tue May 19, 2015 8:41 pm

"We need to knock him out before he kills someone, including himself," he said through gritted teeth, being pushed back further with each blow. "Preferably before my strength is sapped."
Nick Varkan
XU Student

Postby Narrator » Wed May 20, 2015 2:36 pm

With the two X-Men leaving him (somewhat) alone and both floating out of his reach the man seems to gladly go back to demolishing the office and making his way towards a separate room in the corner.
Narrator

Postby Theresa McMasters » Wed May 20, 2015 2:54 pm

A fog came up, trying to obscure the corner room from the man as Theresa floated closer to the ground so she could still see into the building. "Vandal, he has a definite intent. See if you can get around to that room and make sure there's no one still in there." She held out a hand, electricity arcing off of it to strike the man. It was more like a taser than a full-on lightning bolt as she tried to get his attention. "I'm going to be spending so much time fixing things down here."
Theresa McMasters
XU Student

Postby Nick Varkan » Wed May 20, 2015 2:59 pm

Nick used Theresa's distraction to make a break for the corner room.
Nick Varkan
XU Student

Postby Narrator » Wed May 20, 2015 3:49 pm

The bolt strikes the man and makes him stumble, crashing through another cubicle wall before her gets his bearings again and storms right at Theresa.

Meanwhile Nick finds the supervisor of the floor cowering under the desk in his office.
Narrator

Postby Theresa McMasters » Wed May 20, 2015 4:41 pm

"Come and get me," she said grimly, backpedaling as she hit him a couple of more times to keep his attention focused on her.
Theresa McMasters
XU Student

Postby Narrator » Wed May 20, 2015 6:29 pm

The man certainly had some capability of absorbing energy, but several lightning-bolts in a row are taking their toll on him. Especially when whatever energy he's wielding himself is already actively working against him and threatening to burn him out. By the time he's a couple feet away from Theresa he looks pretty worn out and finally collapses to the ground.
Narrator

Postby Nick Varkan » Wed May 20, 2015 6:57 pm

"It's okay, we're here to help," Nick said reassuringly before glancing back.

"Well then, crazy guy just passed out. So, yeah, crisis over."
Nick Varkan
XU Student

Postby Theresa McMasters » Wed May 20, 2015 7:09 pm

"Let's get him out of here," Theresa said over the radio. "We don't know what caused this and I'd rather there not be innocents around if this guy wakes back up. ASHLIE, threat momentarily contained. We'll keep an eye on him, but he needs medical attention."
Theresa McMasters
XU Student

Postby ASHLIE » Wed May 20, 2015 7:36 pm

"Transport is on the way. Can he be transported to the medical facilities or do I need to bring medical supplies to the holding cells?"
ASHLIE

Postby Theresa McMasters » Wed May 20, 2015 7:43 pm

"Something in his ability allows him to put his hands into things and they explode. I'm not sure taking him to a hospital is going to be safe, unless we lift him all the way to Muir."
Theresa McMasters
XU Student

Postby ASHLIE » Wed May 20, 2015 7:56 pm

"Do you wish me to arrange for transport to Muir?"
ASHLIE

Postby Theresa McMasters » Wed May 20, 2015 8:19 pm

"Until we have a better idea of what's going on, that's probably wise. We'll keep in sedated in a holding cell until Muir can pick him up. Would you let Rogers know as well? I'd rather not have some bobby arrest me for kidnapping or something."
Theresa McMasters
XU Student

Postby Narrator » Wed May 20, 2015 8:51 pm

"Certainly."

A couple minutes later one of the school's transports arrives and gets the man loaded up and transferred into the holding cells.
Narrator

Previous

Return to Downtown Maldon