Power Control - Hard Decisions

The site of the recently restored Braddock Lighthouse. Aircraft hangars and other X-Men facilities, including a Cerebra unit and the Danger Room have been constructed around the foundations of the lighthouse.

Re: Power Control - Hard Decisions

Postby Graham Jaeger » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:34 pm

Elise Holdrust wrote:El nodded. "Yeah sure, I can do that. You mean like, with a rope?" Oh this'll be good. A proper pack mule. You're moving up in the world, El. Tell me again, why are you listening to her? A small voice asked her. She looked off to the side and Frankie was standing on some rubble, watching. She glared daggers at him.

"I'm going to guess the telekinesis is the rope... right?" he said, unsure.
Graham Jaeger
XI Student

Postby Blaine Slinger » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:25 pm

"Flint, huh?

Alex, can you, like, make some metal tubes or something?"
Blaine Slinger
XI Student

Postby Alex Carpenter » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:29 am

"Yeah, I could do that," Alex said. "Just tell me what you need it to look like."
Alex Carpenter
XI Student

Postby Blaine Slinger » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:38 am

"Like...a funnel. But in reverse. And in stages..." he said, rapidly speeding up as he was talking, and pulling a notepad out of his back pocket, frantically sketching.
Blaine Slinger
XI Student

Postby Alex Carpenter » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:09 am

Alex held out his hands and extruded enough iron to work with, shaping it like Blaine was drawing it... or, rather, thinking he was. He looked at his finished product and made a face, fixing the parts that hadn't flowed right while he was looking at the drawing instead of at it.
Alex Carpenter
XI Student

Postby Blaine Slinger » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:19 am

"That'...man, what I wouldn't give to be able to do that," Blaine whistled, watching the shape take shape.
Blaine Slinger
XI Student

Postby Alex Carpenter » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:01 am

"First time I've heard that. That look right?"
Alex Carpenter
XI Student

Postby Vertie Easley » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:17 am

Vertie watched the boys a moment before she jogged up to Haley, El, and Graham. "Any luck?" She asked as she sent her mini army out and about again.
Vertie Easley
XI Student

Postby Miranda Weaver » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:22 am

Miranda weaved her way through the rubble, occasionally changing directions abruptly when a premonition told her a certain route would be bad. When they got to the harbor, she looked out over the water, trying to figure out what might be a good place to start.
Miranda Weaver
XI Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:04 am

"See anything?" Kay asks her blind girlfriend.
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:03 pm

Looking at the harbor, one could easily see why it smelled stronger to Graham: There were a lot of dead fish, and the place was a mess. Apparently, debris from the explosion had been thrown into the harbor and had sunk some ships, which in turn had caused other ships to sink on them and... well, it was a mess. One of the ships in the pileup was apparently leaking a lot of oil, from the look of the massing black pool along the surface, but which one and how bad it was wasn't readily apparent from the surface.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:16 pm

"Oh man, this is real bad..."
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Miranda Weaver » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:04 pm

"Disaster," Miranda nodded, kneeling on the edge of a wharf. "Make sure I don't fall in. I'm going to try throwing my sight underwater to see where it might be safe for you to go in."
Miranda Weaver
XI Student

Postby Blaine Slinger » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:06 pm

Alex Carpenter wrote:"First time I've heard that. That look right?"

"Close enough for government work," Blaine said, lost in his own world at the moment as he whipped out a small packet from his belt and started bolting on...well, they looked like tic-tacs, to be honest, in various patterns.

"See, the gas will go in at the small end here, and will be routed through these chambers, burning off a little at a time..." he said, beginning a rambling explanation of how the device would work which bore little resemblance to any physics anyone else would be familiar with.
Blaine Slinger
XI Student

Postby Miranda Weaver » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 pm

After feeling out the area, Miranda points to a section of the water. "It should be safe there. It doesn't feel immediately dangerous."
Miranda Weaver
XI Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:32 pm

"Alrighty!" she says, and takes a running leap into the water where Miranda indicated, completely trusting her judgement.
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:42 pm

Graham Jaeger wrote:
Elise Holdrust wrote:El nodded. "Yeah sure, I can do that. You mean like, with a rope?" Oh this'll be good. A proper pack mule. You're moving up in the world, El. Tell me again, why are you listening to her? A small voice asked her. She looked off to the side and Frankie was standing on some rubble, watching. She glared daggers at him.

"I'm going to guess the telekinesis is the rope... right?" he said, unsure.

"Right! I'll hold us together and up in the air, and El can make sure we're all actually moving forward."
Haley Crusek
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:28 pm

El gives a nod. "Alright! It shouldn't be too hard," She said confidently. Pathetic. Not as pathetic as a lowly spider. Shot back Wiggles. It was probably very obvious that Frankie was staring daggers at Wiggles. El just looked between the two, then shrugged and began beating her wings.

The speed was about normal for now, the flapping of wings something between the rate of a dragon-fly and a robin. "Here we go!"
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:38 pm

Kay's trust in Miranda's visions turned out to not turn out badly this time, as the area where she jumped in was fairly clear. She was close to the first ship that had gone down (this judging by the fact that it had other ones on top of it and had a huge ass piece of concrete smashed into its side), and while it was a mess, it didn't seem to be the big problem.
Ryan Gabriel
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:46 pm

She dives deeper and quickly makes her way along the sunken ships to see if she can find the source of all the mess in the water, mostly looking for a ship leaking it's cargo.
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Graham Jaeger » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:51 am

Graham kept scanning the chaos below with a hunter's attention to detail, hoping something useful would become apparent.

"Right now I'm wishing I had binoculars."
Graham Jaeger
XI Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:07 pm

"El, you're doing great--and I'm sure you'll see something Graham. I've seen you do shit with your bow--you gotta have good eyes to do what you do," Haley said with a somewhat unusual and strained cadence to her voice. Would seem she was concentrating pretty hard on keeping them afloat and steady.
Haley Crusek
XI Student

Postby Elise Holdrust » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:22 pm

"You're doing awesome, bestie!" She could hear the offness of Haley's voice and wanted to encourage her without being *too* distracting.
Elise Holdrust
XI Student

Postby Miranda Weaver » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:02 am

"Alex, when you get Blaine set, we may need you down by the harbor. There's a tanker or something leaking oil. Kay's looking for it right now."
Miranda Weaver
XI Student

Previous

Return to The Point