Light 'Em Up

The site of the recently restored Braddock Lighthouse. Aircraft hangars and other X-Men facilities, including a Cerebra unit and the Danger Room have been constructed around the foundations of the lighthouse.

Re: Light 'Em Up

Postby Gemma Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:35 pm

Ignata grinned, maneuvering to try to get her arms around Anika's waist, trying to capitalize on Anika's unbalanced stance to take her to the ground. "Been too long since I've gotten to hit someone in this form."
Gemma Sloan
XI Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:47 pm

With Ignata's arms around Anika's waist, she couldn't hold herself up longer and fell onto her back. It was then she realized that unless she wanted Gemma to feel the pain of a beating, she'd have to keep her hands to herself. Ignata had checkmated her. "You little bitch..." She did what she could to try to roll to the side so that Ignata didn't have the advantage of being on top. As per her natural reaction, fire began to surround her, her own eyes slowly starting to glow with the light of flame.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:54 pm

The roll to the side reversed positions, putting Anika on top. The flames obviously didn't bother Ignata in the slightest. If anything, they made the glow in her own eyes brighter. "I can be a bigger bitch if you want." Her body morphed, a rapid shift that increased her mass from a smallish girl to the horse-sized magma dragon and potentially throwing Anika off unless she managed to hold on.
Gemma Sloan
XI Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:05 pm

Anika was thrown to the side. She hadn't even attempted to hold on, likely for a reason. The flames around her began to dance into a shapes in her hands as she stumbled, working quickly to stand once more and get her bearings. "I can see that. You've been planning this for a while, haven't you," she more stated than asked.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:08 pm

"For a little while longer than it took you to go get that uniform," she said as she rolled to her feet. She tried to build up a little speed as she charged Anika, but it was difficult to do with claws on sand.
Gemma Sloan
XI Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:22 pm

Anika couldn't help but laugh for a second as she saw Ignata struggling a bit because of the sand. "You're like a cat on a slick surface..." she remarked, the shapes in her hands forming what now could be seen as brass knuckle-like weapons. She tried to time it right so that she side-stepped right about when Ignata would hit, attempting to land a blow with her fist to Ignata's side.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:29 pm

Once she'd built momentum, it was hard to stop it, so there wasn't much Ignata could do as Anika's blows connected with her side. She grunted, but her rocky exterior seemed to repel most of the attack. She skidded and turned, her neck craning a little ahead of her body as a gout of flame erupted from her mouth. The flame was aimed at Anika's feet though and it began to wreak havoc on the sand under her feet.
Gemma Sloan
XI Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:35 pm

Beginning to slip from the melting of the sand, Anika cursed out, falling to a knee. While she quickly tried to get out of the sand under her feet, she threw out her hand, the fire now swirling into what looked like the shape of a rope, quickly moving towards Ignata's mouth like a snake ready to coil it's prey.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:42 pm

Ignata yanked her head back away from the encroaching rope, the flames dying as she make an absolutely horrible horking noise and launched a orange-glowing projectile at Anika's center mass. The heat wasn't a concern for Anika, but getting hit with the molten rock equivalent of a bean bag round might be. Ignata continued to try to evade the rope, her claws digging her deeper into the sand as she danced around.
Gemma Sloan
XI Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:48 pm

Anika had no time to react to the mass. She hadn't seen Ignata do that before, so she wasn't expecting it. It hit her square in the stomach. Hard. She fell back, the air knocked out of her. As that happened, the rope seemed to subside it's chase for the time being, her control over it wavering as she tried to gasp out for air, curled into a ball in the sand.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:55 pm

Ignata shifted back to human, her eyes still glowing. This let her extract herself from the sand as she walked, or stalked, towards Anika.
Gemma Sloan
XI Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:00 pm

Anika still was attempting to catch her breath, gasps of air being coming from her. There was still the fire surrounding her, licking out at things as if it was struggling as well.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:09 pm

She stepped right through the fire, kneeling next to Anika. "Hurts like a son of a bitch. Now imagine what it would do to someone else."
Gemma Sloan
XI Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:10 pm

Anika gathered her strength and swung her legs to the side, attempting to knock Ignata down.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:17 pm

The move caught Ignata by surprise, knocking her onto her side. She struggled to get back to at least her hands and knees, shifting in the process so that she was functioning four legged again.
Gemma Sloan
XI Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:36 pm

She had no real plan. It was like a last ditch effort, really. Moving as quickly as she could with labored breathing and possibly some broken ribs, she tried to leap onto Ignata's back.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:38 pm

Getting on her back didn't prove too terribly difficult. Ignata felt the weight and started trying to shake her off, "You want me to fly off with you again?"
Gemma Sloan
XI Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:42 pm

Anika was hanging on tightly around her neck, slowly pulling away any source of fire and heat she possibly could away from Ignata. She was trying to weaken her heavily. While she knew that Iggy was, you know, a dragon, and still pretty strong, she hoped that what she was trying would put her back into a sleepy state as she had been before. She had no idea if it would work, but again, last ditch effort. At least she wasn't giving up.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:44 pm

"God damn it," Ignata swore, her thrashing slowing down as Anika leeched her heat. She yawned, "That's... cheating..."
Gemma Sloan
XI Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:53 pm

The build up of fire was beginning to cross the line of what would be considered stable. Her competitive streak kept strong. She pushed on as much as she could, though wavering a bit considering her injuries. "You...didn't define...rules..." she gasped out, the fire around her turning from it's normal reddish orange hue to white and blue from the intense heat.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:56 pm

Ignata was trying to yank some of the energy back, trying to feed off the flames around Anika, but she'd made the adjustment too late and she sagged to the sand, "Enough... enough..." She stretched out one leg and patted her claws several times on the sand.
Gemma Sloan
XI Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:16 pm

Anika rolled off of Ignata's back into a heap in the sand to the side. As she did, she released the fire she had drawn back out, waves of it blanketing over Ignata. "Bloody hells..."
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:20 pm

Ignata turned her head to look at Anika, the spark coming back to her eyes as the flames washed over her. "Satisfied?"
Gemma Sloan
XI Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:33 pm

"No...not just yet." She took a deep breath. "You are a huge, huge bitch. There. Now I'm satisfied. What about you? You get things out of your system?"
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:39 pm

"I think so, for now. I can take care of her, you know. I'm not the wild beast I used to be."
Gemma Sloan
XI Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:54 pm

She gives a pained nod. "Alright. I trust you. Forgive me for not doing it sooner. I just want to make sure she's alright. Call it being overbearing and all that. Not afraid to admit it. I just want to see her safe and taken care of," she says, pausing for a moment. "You realize that goes for you too, right? I'd literally tear worlds apart to make you two happy and safe if you said the word."
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:58 pm

"And I appreciate that," she said, pausing for a bit and then saying with a sigh, "Even if my pride won't let me admit it sometimes. You can thank Gemma for that little tidbit."
Gemma Sloan
XI Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:09 pm

"I'll definitely have to thank her, yeah," she said, laughing for a moment before holding her ribs and wincing. "When did you learn that ball trick?"
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:01 am

"Known it for a while," she said, reaching over and picking up the know cooled lump of rock. "Not much call to use it though. Most people can't handle direct contact with molten rock. And it can be a bitch to clean up."
Gemma Sloan
XI Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:47 pm

"Pretty impressive," Anika remarks painfully. "Packs quite a punch, too. You don't seem to have issues targeting, either."
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:46 pm

"I prefer the spray to the projectile, but the spray leaves Gemma with a sore throat for a few days."
Gemma Sloan
XI Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:10 pm

"Ouch, yeah I imagine so. Now that I think of it, that's...actually really gross," she said, laughing.
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:14 pm

"It can't all be pretty," Ignata said. "Sometimes effectiveness is ugly."
Gemma Sloan
XI Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:53 pm

"Truer words have never been spoken. So what's your view on all of this melding stuff?"
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:12 am

"I honestly don't know. I kind of like being my own person, in a manner of speaking. And it was exhausting. But it had its cool points too. It was nice to be able to experience everything the way she was rather than getting the second hand from the back seat."
Gemma Sloan
XI Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:26 pm

"Another cool point: you guys looked totally bad ass," she said with a smirk before adding, "Not that I'm trying to convince you which is better."
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:31 pm

"*I* always look badass no matter what form I'm in," Ignata sniffed, "I'm not in a hurry to do that again though."
Gemma Sloan
XI Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:39 pm

Anika laughed. "Yeah yeah, you do. I bet the combination of alcohol and the whole Trev thing caused it. Lots of stuff going on all at once."
Anika Sloan
XU Student

Postby Gemma Sloan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:42 pm

"I'll keep my eye out in case it happens again. I know the body felt stronger than normal, but still not up to my usual magnificence."
Gemma Sloan
XI Student

Postby Anika Sloan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:01 pm

"If it happens again and you need me, all you have to do is call."
Anika Sloan
XU Student

PreviousNext

Return to The Point