Mon Sept 30th - Fish Out of Water

The site of the recently restored Braddock Lighthouse. Aircraft hangars and other X-Men facilities, including a Cerebra unit and the Danger Room have been constructed around the foundations of the lighthouse.

Re: Mon Sept 30th - Fish Out of Water

Postby Kay Haddock » Thu May 07, 2015 3:42 pm

"See? That's why swimming's nothing like flying. Gliding through the air must be the best..."
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Thu May 07, 2015 4:00 pm

"Oh its great, it's the birds you gotta watch out for." He days jokingly. "You know if you want I could take you for a ride, if you'd like, and maybe you could teach me to swim?" He floats over to her and sticks out his hand to help her up onto the cloud. " Don't worry I won't drop you."
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Thu May 07, 2015 5:20 pm

"Oh my god, you can do that!?" she squeals out in a pitch almost so high only teenage girls can hear it. She grabs his hand and propels herself out of the water to climb onto the cloud.
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Thu May 07, 2015 5:48 pm

"Of course this is the easy part" Knowing that they are in the simulation room. Thomas floats them to were the door is. The doors open and out the door they go."Hang on!" He yells. Down through the wall ways and out the door to the outside. He Flys them up into the sky.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Thu May 07, 2015 6:23 pm

Kay seems alright as they leave the Danger Room and float down the corridor, looking with amazement as the walls drift past them, but when they get outside and start to rise into the air she starts to look a little queasy. She's putting on a tough face but she also sticks exactly to the middle of the cloud, trying to avoid looking straight down. "Dang..."
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Thu May 07, 2015 8:03 pm

Thomas know it's her first time so he takes it easy on her. As they are flying through the sky he notices a small pond. He takes them in real close to it. He stops in the middle of it. He stands up on the cloud. He takes his hand and flattens the cloud out as to make it a platform."See it's not that bad!"
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Thu May 07, 2015 9:11 pm

"It is kinda scary. Way different than a plane..." she says, still somewhere between fear and awe.
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Thu May 07, 2015 9:19 pm

"It is different, in a plane your confined in that small place. Here you can stretch out." He does a cartwheel. The clouds stretching out to make sure he didn't go into the water.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Thu May 07, 2015 9:58 pm

"Yeah, but there's also no walls." she chuckles nervously as he cartwheels around.
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Thu May 07, 2015 10:06 pm

He laughs. As he laughs he losses balance. Making him loose control of the cloud. It dissappears from underneath him. He falls.onto the water. He begins to splash about.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Thu May 07, 2015 11:14 pm

Kay lets out a short scream, though she quickly recovers her bearings when she hits the water. She bops to the surface and spots Thomas struggling to stay afloat. It only takes her a moment and a flick of her legs to take her over to him and grab his collar to pull him towards her as she swims backwards towards the edge of the pond, dragging him with her and onto dry land.

"Are you alright?" she asks, brushing wet hair out of her face.
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Thu May 07, 2015 11:29 pm

He coughs up some water as he is trying to speak."Yeah" cough" I'm fine, sorry looks like we went for a swim after all." He says with a crooked smile on his face,cause he knew he screwed up big time.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Fri May 08, 2015 9:45 am

"Hey, don't apologize to me. You're the one who got dunked in his street clothes." she chuckles, relieved to see him alright.
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Fri May 08, 2015 12:45 pm

He looked at his cloths, he was soaking wet. He stood up and shock of a little bit." I can fix this" He said. Still coughing a lottle from the water in his throat. He starts to spin around, and around. Faster and faster he got. A little twister started up. He had created a little funnel cloud drying himself off. After he felt as if he was dry, he began to slow down. He come to a stop and the twister vanished. He was dizzy and you could tell by the was he wibble wobbled. His eyes going every which way." You never get use to that. So you next?" Asking her because she was wet also
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Fri May 08, 2015 1:17 pm

She watches him spin himself dry with a chuckle that quickly turns into worry when he offers to dry her off next. "N-nah, I'm good. Used to being wet anyway and I'd rather not throw up."
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Fri May 08, 2015 5:50 pm

He laughs. " Yea I guess it probably wouldn't be as fun for you would it." He goes and sit on the ground next to Kay. " So now what I guess I've messed up the evening." He says with a upset look on his face
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Fri May 08, 2015 7:29 pm

"Oh man, you think you messed up? I have done way worse than that." she chuckles. "This one time I got me and a friend lost in a haunted forest. And then this other time, I got us lost in a different forest, full of dinosaurs. And there was the time I thought the headmistress' son of the school before this one had a crush one me but he was into my roommate. And then this one time I forgot how to breathe air and had to run around with a water-tank strapped around my neck..."
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Fri May 08, 2015 8:18 pm

Thomas listened with a surprising look on his face. He just kept shaking his head as she was naming things off. " Wow, okay so I don't feel as bad now. All I did was end up getting us both wet." He looked up at the sky. It was starting to get dark outside. The stars started to come out one at a time." Sure is beautiful."
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Sun May 10, 2015 12:46 pm

"And getting me wet really isn't that big a deal." she chuckles, following Thomas' gaze and looking up at the sky.
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Previous

Return to The Point