Mon Sept 30th - Fish Out of Water

The site of the recently restored Braddock Lighthouse. Aircraft hangars and other X-Men facilities, including a Cerebra unit and the Danger Room have been constructed around the foundations of the lighthouse.

Mon Sept 30th - Fish Out of Water

Postby Kay Haddock » Sat May 02, 2015 6:33 pm

Kay had asked for additional Danger Room time and now she's scrolling through the list of scenarios she's cleared for. She apparently doesn't like how short it is and how most of them are non-combat scenarios or underwater obstacle courses. Frustrated she pulls up a recording of one of Brigid's combat scenarios and takes up position next to the holographic model of her friend and tries to imitate her stance and movements. It doesn't look very accurate and she faceplants right out the gate when her footing is all wrong to even attempt one of Holo-Brigid's moves. She picks herself up and dusts off her legs in a symbolic gesture and tries again. And again. And again.

((open))
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Re: Mon Sept 30th - Fish Out of Water

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Mon May 04, 2015 5:08 pm

Thomas watches from the control room. He watches as she tries doing the same thing over and over. He pressed the intercom button to talk into the room on accident not knowing he pressed it. " Hey she's doing pretty good!" He notices that he is leaning on the button and quickly moves.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Mon May 04, 2015 5:28 pm

Kay tries to whirl around mid-movement and manages to land square on her butt. "Ow..." Pulling herself up from the floor she looks around the room before realizing the voice had come from the speaker. "Hey. Are you in the observation room?"
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Mon May 04, 2015 5:37 pm

He says to himself. "Guess I should say something now." He presses the button down again. He clears his voice to speak clearly."Yeah I didn't mean to interrupt you, I accidently pressed the button." It let's off the button worried that he interrupted something important. He press the button again. " You seem to be doing pretty well."
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Mon May 04, 2015 5:53 pm

"I wish! But thanks anyway." she smiles in the general direction of the observation room. "I'm not blocking the room or anything, am I? I thought I'd signed up for a spot..."
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Mon May 04, 2015 6:04 pm

"Oh no not at all!" Thomas smacks himself on the forhead. Hey sherlock you forgot to press the button he thinks to himself. He presses the button. " No ma'am, your fine I was kinda giving myself a tour and stumbled into the room and say you practicing." He walked out of the observation room and down to the door to the practice room. He knocks on the door.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Mon May 04, 2015 6:22 pm

"Oh phew." she says and dusts herself off, mostly because she feels awkward about someone watching her attempts at fighting thin air. The door by itself once Thomas steps near it and Kay waves at him. Aside from the small section simulating the muscular red-head that Kay had been trying to mimic the room is empty, just showing featureless steel walls. "Hey there!" she smiles.
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Mon May 04, 2015 6:36 pm

Thomas walks into the room, he's amazed by what he sees. Being from a small country town he's never seen such technology." Wow looks different when your down here." He shakes his head and answers her back. " Hello there, My names Thomas! I do apologize for interrupting you" He walks over to the simulation and pokes at it. "Wow looks so real!"
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Mon May 04, 2015 6:59 pm

"I know, right!? I'm Kay. First time seeing the Danger Room?"
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Mon May 04, 2015 7:08 pm

Thomas turns to look at her. He shakes his head." Yes ma'am! " He continues looking around the room." So the danger room huh?" He asks with a quizzing look on his face.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Mon May 04, 2015 8:03 pm

"Yeah! It's for training and stuff and it can get pretty rough. That's why it's called the Danger Room. They don't let you run the dangerous programs though unless you're qualified for them. All I got access to are some basic courses and recordings like this. I got a pretty cool basic training place though. I got them to make it a tropical island because, well..." she gestures at herself with her webbed fingers and the fins on her arms and legs. Even her yellow/black training uniform looks more like a modest one-piece swimsuit.
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Mon May 04, 2015 8:34 pm

Thomas did give her the look over. He hadn't seen one like her before. He smiled. " I'm new to this place". He replied. "I most definitely love it in a tropical place" As he walked around his rain boots he had on were making a squishing noise. " So what you gotta do to train in one of these?" He asked. He had a grin on his face. " Is there anyway I could practice with you?
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Mon May 04, 2015 9:48 pm

"Well we got class in here on Thursdays, but I think that's just the highschool kids. You might have to ask a teacher about that. I can totally show you how to use the room though. They probably set up an account for you already, they're really fast with that kind of stuff. Probably because of the robot that does all the computer stuff." she blabbers on, then suddenly realizes he'd asked her a question. "Well, some at least! My power training is all underwater and stuff so I might not know much about how to exercise yours. I do get to hear everyone#s lessons in class at least, so maybe I can give you some tips!"
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Mon May 04, 2015 10:00 pm

"Well I'll definitely have to check into that class then." He looks down to the ground in a little disappointment. He then looks up with a smile on his face. " You really think you could help, that would be great!" He looks to the roof of the building and a little thunder is heard from the room. A cloud starts to grow above him. Inside the cloud lighting can be seen. He lowers his head and as he does so it begins to rain inside the room. "This is what I got to deal with."
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Mon May 04, 2015 10:03 pm

"Oh wow! Kinda like Theresa! I can totally give you some 'watered-down' advice then." she grins, way too proud of what's not even a very good pun.
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Mon May 04, 2015 10:11 pm

He brings his arms up and brings them down. As he does this the cloud starts to shrivel up and dissappears. Before it is completely gone a lighting bolt shots out and sticks the wall of the room. "I'm so sorry about that" He shouted. " There's someone like me around here? That's awsome!" He smiled with a big grin.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Mon May 04, 2015 11:03 pm

Kay jumps and makes a very undignified sound when the lightning strikes the wall. "Eeep!"

When she realizes the danger has passed she takes a deep breath to collect herself. "Y-yeah, she's a friend of mine. She's all looking up to Storm and stuff as her idol."
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Tue May 05, 2015 2:41 am

"Storm?" He asked. He had heard many things about this women. He started to mumble on" They way she could float in the air and shoot lighting bolts!" He was still new to what he could really do with his power. He had just started scratching the surface. "So I guess one day I to could be a great like her!"
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Tue May 05, 2015 11:58 am

"That's what they keep telling us at least. But man, some people have such cool powers, like yours, that have so much potential and then mine is pretty much just what it says on the lid."
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Tue May 05, 2015 1:33 pm

He giggled to himself when she said he had potential. No one's ever really said something like that to him before. He looked kay over one more time." What are you talking about!" He yelled. " You can do things I cant." He then pointed to her hands. " You can swim under water, how fast can those babies make you go?" He was hoping he could brighten her up.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Tue May 05, 2015 2:23 pm

"Pretty quick. I beat a dolphin once. Well, a simulated one anyway. And it's cool, I can go to places no one else can way below the ocean. I wanna go to the open sea one day and dive for real. I just won't really grow beyond that, you know? Like, there's Haley and she's learning how to move more and more things with her mind and she has so much left to learn with her power. Mine just kinda works, you know?"
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Tue May 05, 2015 5:41 pm

"Oh I understand."as he shook his head." I mean it feels like yesterday I was controlling my first cloud, now I can make it storm! See I was farm taught. Didn't have a school to teach me til I was invited here." A rain drop fell from his hair line and landed on his cheecks as to symbolize a tear.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Tue May 05, 2015 10:50 pm

"Yeah, I only came here almost a year after my skin started getting weird. Wasn't too bad when it started, but it felt like every time I woke up things were getting worse. After people chased me home from school while throwing... stuff at me I didn't really leave the house anymore. Not that I could have, my parents were pretty embarrassed about me. I think they were relieved when they could send me off to be someone else's problem."
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Wed May 06, 2015 12:17 am

"Wow, I'm very sorry to hear that!" His face suddenly when to a frown. It was the first time he had heard someone's else's story. He hadn't had it that bad." So you come in here to practice?" He asked.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Wed May 06, 2015 10:02 am

"Well, not this usually. I just... felt it couldn't hurt to know how to defend myself." she says, avoiding the truth of the matter a little bit.
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Wed May 06, 2015 11:39 am

"Most definitely a good reason to practice. Just the other day I had a dog chase me, I could.of used some defending myself then." He said jokingly to play of the mood he had set.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Wed May 06, 2015 1:18 pm

It seems to be working, judging by Kay's chuckling. "See, people would be much less scared of us if they knew that we're afraid of dogs." she nods sagely.
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Wed May 06, 2015 1:49 pm

He got a god smile on his face. " So please tell me you don't do this for fun then. Cause I could think of alot better things to be doing. Like sitting on a beach under a palm tree watching the ocean." As saying this he leans his head to the side as if he had drifted off into a day dream.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Wed May 06, 2015 3:04 pm

"Nah, this isn't any fun at all. Just... stuff, you know? Like working out. Hey, you wanna see my usual simulation?"
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Wed May 06, 2015 5:21 pm

"Sure!" He yells like someone just offered him a free ice cream come. "Should I go back up to the observation room?"
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Wed May 06, 2015 5:41 pm

"Nah, you can just stay here. Computer, end program and start my Power Control simulation."

There's a electronic beep and the current simulation dissolves. A second later the walls seems to get rapidly filled in with patches of blue sky until the walls are gone completely. At the same time a small tropical island complete with jungle and brilliant blue water materializes around them. The sun is high in the sky, warming the air and a fresh sea-breeze rolls in from the ocean across the beach they're standing on. Kay gestures widely with a grin on her face. "Tadah! This is where I get to see how fast I can swim and stuff!"
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Wed May 06, 2015 6:13 pm

As the room began to change, Thomas watched in amazement. The wind blew through his hair. The smell was amazing. He began doing turns in the sand. He raised his hands and a cloud appeared. He gestured for it to come lower, and it does. He jumps onto it and snuggles himself into it. " Let's see what you got!"
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Thu May 07, 2015 12:35 am

"Well, you can't see much cause it's underwater and all, but..." she says and takes a running start towards the water. She jumps and dives into the waves headfirst, disappearing beneath the waves. After a couple seconds she shoots back up, several yards further out. She manages to put a good feet or two of air between herself and the surface of the water before diving back under again like a dolphin. She stays gone for a couple seconds but apparently she was just diving down to gain some room to gain speed because she shoots out from the waves again, this time straight up and easily clearing 5 or 6 feet before she falls back down into the ocean.
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Thu May 07, 2015 10:35 am

Thomas had the look of amazement on his face from watching her. When she went into the water he would squint his eyes and try and follow her as she went down. And then look for her to come up. As she shot out of the air and back into the water the last time, he began to clap." That's amazing! You are fast!"
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Thu May 07, 2015 11:21 am

"Thanks!" she says after her head bobs to the surface again near the shore. "They probably won't let me go to the Olympics to embarrass everyone else though." she chuckles.
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Thu May 07, 2015 1:12 pm

He laughs. " Yeah you'd definitely show them a thing or to." He lays back into his cloud and rolls over onto his stomach. He places his hand into the water and swirls it around." So what it like in the water?" He asks.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Thu May 07, 2015 2:29 pm

"It's... different. You just kind of float and everything's always moving with the waves, like a rhythm. And you're kind of isolated because everything's muted and that gets way worse if you go deeper. Down where there's no light it's super creepy. You just hang in nothing and there's just endless nothing all around that presses in on you. The first time I went down there I got really scared."
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Thu May 07, 2015 3:08 pm

" I've never actually learned how to swim. I've always imagined it like sitting here in my clouds, But I've always been afraid to jump in. The thought of what's in the water." He grabbed a little piece of the cloud afraid of falling in.
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Postby Kay Haddock » Thu May 07, 2015 3:20 pm

"People always say it's like flying.But I'm not sure that's true because I don't know anybody who can swim like me and fly. Seems to make sense to me though. It's comfy and you feel like you don't weigh anything. Kind of like you look right now." she smiles.
Kay Haddock
XI Student

Postby Thomas Nimbus » Thu May 07, 2015 3:33 pm

" Oh it is!" He says with a huge smile.on his face. As he is laying on his belly he begins to throw his arms in a circular motion as if he was swimming in the water, but in the clouds instead. " It's like no other feeling. Especially when you get in the right spot right as the sun is setting, and you get to be part of those beautiful different color clouds. Just laying there soaking in the sun."
Thomas Nimbus
XU Student

Next

Return to The Point