I12DT - Home Sweet Home

The most advanced and well-equipped hospital and research center for mutant medicine in the world and home to a detention facility for prisoners with special detainment needs.

I12DT - Home Sweet Home

Postby The Book of Sins » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:37 pm

Melpomene is sitting in her cell. By the time she'd come too she'd already been lieing on what passes for a bed there. For a brief moment she thought she could still feel Sam's hands but it is just the snug inhibitor collar that is restraining her mind within her own head. For the next couple hours she just keeps lieing there. She knows there's no point in trying to force her mind past the restraints, just listening to the few sounds that reach her from the hallway outside the door. Eventually she hears whistling. Someone is walking down the hall, singing to themselves.

It seems to take forever but eventually the voice stops in front of her door and the small latch opens. Melpomene pushes herself up and at first she can see nothing but darkness outside but after a moment it seems to take shape.

"You failed. And you let them destroy one of our favorite forms." the figure says and steps, for lack of a better word, around the door like black fog.

Mel scrambles up and into the corner of the bed. "I did as told..." she lies.

The creature steps forward, it's features growing more distinct until a dark-skinned man of almost otherworldly beauty is towering over Mel and she starts to scream as his arm reaches out for her head.

It only takes a couple seconds for security to come running down the hall to find both door and latch on Mel's cell firmly locked. Inside Mel is by herself, still screaming, clutching at the mask that seems to have replaced her (stolen) face.
The Book of Sins

Return to Muir Island