Theodore Malone

Characters from before the Big Event in space. Some details may differ from current versions of these characters, but they are preserved here for reference.

Theodore Malone

Postby Theodore Malone » Tue May 26, 2009 11:57 pm

Theodore Malone

Place of Birth: Scotland

Powers: Theo can transform himself and a limited amount of other materials around him into a fog like state, (basically his clothes, and a small amount of equipment). It is not actual fog, its a sort of a psychic-based fog. He can transform either partially or completely. This causes most attacks to pass right through him, and allows him to pass through grates, screens, or narrow passages. He however has limited ability to effect things while in this state. In edition he can also create a fog and control it to some degree. He can fill up a small room, or have the fog follow him and mask his exact location in a larger area. In his fog state his mind is hard to read or effect, as if you were looking at it through thick fog.

Physical Description: Theo is 6'1” and is fairly well built. He tends to dress nicely and avoids things that are too casual most of the time.

Personality: Theo is very pessimistic about people (humans and mutants) and life in general. He isn't very sociable. He generally keeps his cool, but when he is extremely angry or annoyed about something/someone he will let people know it (usually with quick barbs, sometimes longer rants. He rarely resorts to physical violence unless he is really really pissed .)

Bio: Theo generally doesn't like talking about his past. It is just something he would rather put behind him. For family he has a father, mother, and a half-brother (from his moms previous marriage) but he doesn't get along well with them. He is closer to a group of people unrelated to him and thinks of them as his 'real' family.
Theodore Malone

Re: Theodore Malone

Postby Madison West » Wed May 27, 2009 11:26 am

What exactly do you mean by "psychic based" fog?
Madison West

Postby Theodore Malone » Wed May 27, 2009 1:41 pm

Okay psychic is the wrong word. The fog he creates is sort of a telepathy based projection/illusion. When he turns into fog himself he is some unexplained form of energy.
Theodore Malone

Postby Madison West » Wed May 27, 2009 1:43 pm

Why exactly?

I'm not dissing on it, just trying to get more information. It's kind of a vague spot in his abilities.
Madison West

Postby Theodore Malone » Wed May 27, 2009 2:23 pm

I was thinking that at far later date in game he might discover he has other limited telepathic abilities, all of which depend on contact with the fog he emits. He doesn't know anything about them now however. These extra powers are the ability to pull information from someones head, or the ability to put thoughts in peoples heads. To read a persons memories he has to be close and a very concentrated stream of fog will go from him into the targets head. With putting thoughts in it works much the same way, except he can do minor things (like 'I could use a nap' or 'I need to go to the restroom' or 'Did I hear something over that way') with less concentrated fog from a further distance (even the concentrated thoughts don't force a person to do anything). An example of a concentrated thought would be 'There isn't anything around that corner, when I though I saw an x-team that was just my imagination.'. But it will be some time before he even realizes he can do these things much less be good at it.
Theodore Malone

Postby Barbara Chronopolis » Thu May 28, 2009 11:25 pm

This looks like a reasonable powerset and growth plan. So long as the unspoken background isn't ridiculous (by comic book standards) I'm willing to give

Approval 1/2
Barbara Chronopolis
Faculty

Postby Amanda Weinrich » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:22 pm

And I'll give approval 2/2. Someone else will have to set you up, though.
Amanda Weinrich
Faculty

Postby Madison West » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:12 am

I'LL DPOI IT HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
Madison West

Return to Old Characters