I9DT - In the Blood

Archived threads from the rest of the world.

Re: I9DT - In the Blood

Postby Rick Ferguson » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:04 pm

"Yeah...maybe I should..." he said absently, rolling it around between his thumb and index finger. "I haven't seen this picture in forever, either."
Rick Ferguson
XI Student

Postby Marcus Kingston » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:05 pm

"I say take them both then. I mean..offhand, I can't think of many things you have about your family back in London."
Marcus Kingston
XI Student

Postby Rick Ferguson » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:24 pm

"No, not much, besides some photos on a memory stick."

Rick looked over the photo. It was a shot of the family, roughly arranged in a row, with an old stone house and a tree in the background. "That was me," he said, indicating a flaxen-haired little boy. "I think this was the only time I had ever seen Noah until I got in touch with him after my mutation showed up." Rick's uncle almost looked Rick and Marcus's age in that picture, or at least not far from it. "And that's the grandpa I was talking about. Andrew Ferguson." The older gentleman was in the center of the picture with his wife. Even though it was supposed to be a happy photo of a (seemingly rare) family gathering, the expression on the older fellow's face was sober and serious. It gave the impression of sadness rather than anger. Mrs. Ferguson's arm was entwined with his, and though she was smiling, the expression still somehow looked weary.
Rick Ferguson
XI Student

Postby Marcus Kingston » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Marcus blinked, kinda surprised at the overall feeling the picture was projecting. "Did..something happen? Everyone in the picture don't really seem too happy."
Marcus Kingston
XI Student

Postby Rick Ferguson » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:13 pm

"Beats me. Grandpa was just solemn like that. So's Grandma, to an extent."

I bet Mom found all of this stuff...

"I guess I should have a talk with Mom later," he mused. "Anyway, let's so help Maggie with the moving."
Rick Ferguson
XI Student

Postby Marcus Kingston » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:18 pm

"I see." He wasn't sure what else to say about it.

"I really think you should. It'd help her feel better some..and probably open her up more." He nodded and headed to the room Noah and Maggie were in.
Marcus Kingston
XI Student

Previous

Return to The Rest of the World