Saves Nine

Archived threads from Beyond.

Saves Nine

Postby Stitch » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:41 pm

The streets of London was a warzone, filled with the debris of relentless attacks and battles.

But not all of the debris was made from stone or metal or glass. Some wandered the streets looking for whatever they could get in order to survive. They slept in dark alleys and during the day they hunted for food, careful to try to avoid the eyes of Order or Chaos.

One of them was a young blonde woman who called herself Stitch.

She didn't run with any of the gangs or crews. They avoided the little weakling as best they could. Someone like that could only bring trouble down on their head. She'd obviously been injured in one attack or another. Her body was covered in ugly and patchwork stitching that gave her the name.

At night she curled up in abandoned doorways and cried. A mistake for someone that lived like she did. She was marked as weak. A victim.

Dusk was just beginning to fall on the city and Stitch moved carefully and quietly through the back alleys, looking for something to eat while trying her best to avoid trouble.
Stitch

Re: Saves Nine

Postby Apophis » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:48 pm

A hunched creature of a man entered the alley on all fours, sniffing the air. He quickly cocked his head in her direction.
Apophis

Postby Stitch » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:50 pm

Stitch stopped as someone entered the alley, huddling in a dark corner and staying as still as possible.

Hiding. Hiding was always better. If you ran they chased and if they didn't catch you someone else would.
Stitch

Postby Apophis » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:01 pm

As it moved closer she would notice the man-creature was on a leash held by a rave-haired man. It sniffed again and grunted anxiously.

"You can come out yanno. Trog here doesn't bite," Seven said, "Okay... he does, but only on command. Or if you're a cat. He hates cats."
Apophis

Postby Stitch » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:06 pm

Stitch crawled out, keeping her head down. Tears were streaming down her face.

"I'll leave. Please, you can have whatever you want. I promise I'll leave," Stitch says, trying her best to keep her begging from descending into sobbing.

Stitch had known this alley was claimed territory. But she'd been watching it all day. No one came here and she was so hungry.
Stitch

Postby Apophis » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:13 pm

"I can't believe this pitiful wretch is the one I'm looking for..." he facepalmed.
Apophis

Postby Stitch » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:19 pm

Stitch looked up, her face terrified at the idea of someone looking for her. And her pursuer would get a good look at her.

Dirty and ragged blonde hair fell down to her waist, with a patch of black streaking through one side. Sunken mismatched eyes looked up at him, one green and the other a dark blue.

Even under the tattered and dirty rags she was wearing, it was easy to see that she might have been fairly easy on the eyes back when she was fed. And before the injuries. She had starved for too long and was barely anything more then multicolored bits of skin and bones wrapped in thick black stitching.

"I didn't do anything," she said quickly, "I didn't do anything."

The words quickly became a chant, repeating over and over again.
Stitch

Postby Apophis » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:27 pm

"Oh but you misunderstand me. I'm here because my boss thinks you have... potential."
Apophis

Postby Stitch » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:30 pm

Stitch's eyes narrow in suspicion, "Slavers. I won't wear a collar."
Stitch

Postby Apophis » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:46 pm

"You hear that Troggy woggy?" he said as he scratched the man-thing's chin as if it were an adorable puppy, "The silly girl thinks we're slavers... yes she does!"
Apophis

Postby Stitch » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:52 pm

"Then what do you want from me?" Stitch asks hesitantly.

She tried to keep her voice tight and controlled but it wavered. There were people who roamed the streets collecting people, especially young women and Stitch knew enough to realize they'd say anything to get you to come with them.

But....

Hunger was a powerful force. Her stomach screamed at her that she needed to eat. To survive. Whatever they wanted from her it couldn't be much worse then what had already happened.
Stitch

Postby Apophis » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:02 pm

"My boss says you're a healer, and our organization could always use more of those. Under our roof Miss Madaraki, you will not go hungry... nor will you be at the whim of The General or great dysfunctional family that is Chaos."
Apophis

Postby Stitch » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:04 pm

Her instincts screamed that it was too good to be true. That she was just going to be hurt again. Or worse.

"...I'll come with you," Stitch says quietly, standing on weak legs.

Hunger is a powerful force.
Stitch

Postby Apophis » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:13 pm

"Then follow me," he smiles, nose turning up as she got close.

"Okay, yeah... first thing we're getting you is a shower, because dear lord you smell like a corpse."
Apophis

Postby Stitch » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:18 pm

"Yes. Please," Stitch says, ready to follow Seven wherever he was leading her.
Stitch

Return to Beyond