The Paladin cave

Archived threads from Beyond.

Re: The Paladin cave

Postby Robert West » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:58 pm

"Well if we're measuring, mine's ten and a half inches and enhanced by science," Rob says, "Now that we're finished with that, my lab is filled with many useful devices. Some of them very useful to our current situation. For example, let's say we run into a problem with the field mechanic grid when we're back at the portal. I'd need a transwarp field stabilizer and it would be really, really useful if I didn't have to build one out of your helmet, some bubblegum and Fuzzy's bra wire."

Rob glances at Steph, "I mean, I imagine that'd just make you cranky and increase the throat gougings. And I like my throat."

"So, yes. I'm visiting my lab. Even if I have to walk there by myself while singing a jaunty tune."
Robert West

Postby Paladin » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:06 am

Paladin smirked.

"I would recommend using the underground tunnel system as much as you can," Paladin said, "Depending on the exact location of the lab you should be able to avoid the majority of the General's patrols. There's of course the risk of running into other things that have taken refuge in the tunnels, but that's better than running into one of the Generals' psychic covens."

"There are maps in digital form in the desk. If you need something from the armory, ask."
Paladin

Postby Robert West » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:32 pm

"I know my way around," Rob says, "Anything else, talk with Daniel about. I'm leaving him in charge. Give him a run down on any heavy hitters we might encounter. His abilities can be pretty useful against them."
Robert West

Postby Daniel Uriel » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:51 pm

"All right," Daniel said, looking mostly at the team, before looking at Paladin. "So... this General guy, a living building, and this Harbinger. Anyone else we need to know about, before I start asking unimportant things like 'who the hell are they and what can they do'?"
Current powers: Total Flaming Badass. Sometimes.
Daniel Uriel
XU Student

Postby Stephanie Kaltiera » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:59 pm

"I know we met at least a few of them back in the building already. Building included." she said, leaning against a wall.
Stephanie Kaltiera
XU Student

Postby Paladin » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:02 pm

"Apophis is a an unknown quantity, he leads a mercenary group. Faultline, Legion, The Mockery, and Cthonia are the more powerful members of Chaos currently on the field. There is also Domina who as far as I could tell was leading the rank regiment attacking the hotel," Paladin said, "The general has several other powerful lieutenants in the city: Cyclone, Nephilim and Heartbreaker. There is of course the General himself if he actually takes the field."

"Those are the more important players. Though not all as I cannot keep up with all the new reinforcements being dragged into this conflict. Most aren't much more than fodder, but there is the possibility of new talent."
Paladin

Postby Robert West » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:06 pm

Rob started to head for the door.
Robert West

Postby Daniel Uriel » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:09 pm

"I realize that we're coming to class late here, but is there any chance of using, y'know, names that aren't codenames we have to try to work out into people we know of?" Daniel said, forcing patience.
Daniel Uriel
XU Student

Postby Stephanie Kaltiera » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:18 pm

"Descriptions would be helpful," she added, echoing Daniel. "I know we met a redhead, a copy of Melody with a few extra powers, and a lunatic wearing a jetpack."
Stephanie Kaltiera
XU Student

Postby Paladin » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:22 pm

"I don't know a Melody, but the other one sounds like Master Corporal Freud as he's the only lunatic in the vicinity that I know of using a jetpack."

"Most of them only use those names either because of psychosis or for secrecy," Paladin said, "At the very least the ones belong to order have to give real names when joining his forces. However, after they've joined they are known by their code names so you have to dig into their records."

Paladin gestured for the group to gather around a large monitor, which began to show summaries of different dossiers including some blurry photos (for the chaotics), crisper id photos (for the order folks), and a newspaper picture of Domina.

"These are their real names. Speak up if you recognize them."
Paladin

Postby Atropha » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:05 am

"The red-head you ran into is probably Rachel O'Brien, because had you run into the other one..." she trails off and instead brings up the dossier on Harbinger until the picture of a glaring Altamira fills the screen.
Atropha

Postby Daniel Uriel » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:58 am

Daniel stared at the image, feeling his stomach drop somewhere toward the middle of the earth. "Fuck," he said. "Fuck, fuck, fuck. I... fuck. There's no way to even put a sarcastic spin on this one. I just... fuck. We're fucked."
Daniel Uriel
XU Student

Postby Nick Varkan » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:34 pm

"Still beats staying here and drinking the kool-aid," Nick said noncommittally.
Nick Varkan
XU Student

Postby Daniel Uriel » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:53 pm

Daniel, slowly, turned his head toward Nick. "For the record?" he said, " You're an idiot."
Daniel Uriel
XU Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:55 pm

"She isn't the Phoenix here, Daniel."

"She just might be something worse, though."
Samantha McManus
Faculty

Postby Nick Varkan » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:34 pm

"So what? We quit before we start?" Nick retorted at Daniel, "If that's your attitude than how the hell did you get to be an Acolyte?"
Nick Varkan
XU Student

Postby Paladin » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:11 pm

"Enough," Paladin said, "Anything can be beaten provided we prepare properly. Harbinger is a very serious threat and I have been working on something that will at the very least distract her.

I do not doubt that Mr. West can put something together to disable the portal if traditional explosives will not do the job."
Paladin

Postby Nick Varkan » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:40 pm

"... Let's just keep going through the files for now. She's not the only threat."

"The name Xuan Wu doesn't ring a bell, but some those powers sound like John's. Can't be that many shadow lizards."
Nick Varkan
XU Student

The Paladin cave

Postby Stephanie Kaltiera » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:14 pm

"Feel like we fought a giant lizard too," she remarked. "I still think I like our chances, especially if we have Paladin and two professors on our side,"
Stephanie Kaltiera
XU Student

Postby Bobby Bowen » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:55 pm

Bobby frowned, going througgh the dossier. he, like the others, recognized far too many people.

"What do we know about the general? other then the fact he apparently runs things here?"
Bobby Bowen

Postby Order » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:37 pm

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing," Croyden answered, "We only got to hear his voice, if it even was his voice."
Order

Postby Veronica Freud » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:49 pm

"How certain are you that he even exists? He could be a highly-sophisticated AI. Like in Fallout 3."

Veronica blinked softly after realizing how dumb she sounded saying that.

"If Dr. West is goin' to his lab then I'll be goin' with him. I know I ain't no super genius like him but I'm in sciences too and I can at least act as an...," She paused for just a moment. Hadn't he called her a good potential henchman when they first met at the XUB? "-assistant."

"... wait. Did you say Freud?"
Veronica Freud
XU Student

Postby Paladin » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:49 pm

"Master Corporal Victor Freud," Paladin said pulling up the dossier, "A recent addition to the General's forces in London."

Paladin pointed at Order.

"Order was part of the General's forces for a considerable amount of time. He has had a change of heart. His intel will be important for the eventual assault on the hotel."
Paladin

Postby Veronica Freud » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:30 pm

"...that's my little brother." Veronica said sadly. She seemed much more upset by that notion than by any of the other parallel doppelgangers they'd discussed or encountered.
Veronica Freud
XU Student

Postby Lora Zalesky » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:19 pm

"I will join you on this mission. I do not know what I would do against, say, an alternate Altamira, but I will do what I can."
Lora Zalesky

Previous

Return to Beyond