Ying meets Yang

Archived threads from Beyond.

Ying meets Yang

Postby Gideon Rede » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:00 pm

Gideon was holding Paladin's helmet staring at it rather intently. Seeing what Paladin could do, seeing what he was in this world was taking Gideon aback.
Gideon Rede
XI Student

Re: Ying meets Yang

Postby Paladin » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:03 pm

A firm hand grabbed Gideon by the shoulder and spun him around. Paladin's blue eyes stared into Gideon's.

"So you've discovered that you can bypass the locks," Paladin stated, "You're lucky I did not slap a collar on you the moment I saw you, Defiler."
Paladin

Re: Ying meets Yang

Postby Gideon Rede » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:18 pm

"You don't know anything about me, bastard," Gideon said trying futilely to get loose from Paladin's grip.

"You've taken Belial's path whether you know it or not," Paladin said taking the helmet from Gideon.

"Where do y-"

"Silence, defiler," Paladin interrupted, "You're not fit to take my name. You've let your self become corrupted by your power. Taken darkness into yourself. I have spent my whole life defending the weak, the powerless, the ignored. Only to see you who has had every opportunity and wasted it."

"Y-"

"I said silence,"
Paladin said cracking Gideon against a wall, "Your excuses may work in your universe, but not here. You've trained for six years, I've trained for four times longer, your shields are like paper before my will."

"B-"

This time an open hand cracked against Gideon's jaw.

"I will not repeat myself again, Defiler,"
Paladin said through gritted teeth, "I am offering you this one chance at redemption. Just one like all the others before you. Like Belial. Like Croyden. Like Legion."

"You will listen, you will learn, and you will repent for what you've done. Or I will end you on the battlefield. I can tell that nobody will shed any tears after what you've done with your waste of an existence. I name thee defiler, breaker of spirits, breaker of oaths. I name thee Judas."

"I will exorcise your demons or you will die when I return after finding the other team."

"Mc-"

Another open hand.

"Your voice taints her very name and that of your friends. She will not know and she wouldn't believe you besides. I have seen what you have done, what you are, and know what you will become, defiler, monster, betrayer."

"I-"

Once more this time with a fist to his stomach. Gideon went slack, but Paladin kept him on his feet.

"Excuses are wind,"
Paladin said, "Examine yourself, Beast, addict, worthless one. We are going to have plenty of time together before you leave, and if I judge you worthy I may let you return to your world with your mind and body intact. What say you?"

"I-I-"

Gideon was having difficulty breathing not just because of the punch to his stomach or the blows to his face.

"I...I...I accept."

"Good, there is a room in the back. Stay there, and meditate on who you actually are."
Gideon Rede
XI Student

Return to Beyond