Miras in the Sky with Fire

Archived threads from Beyond.

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:42 pm

The Phoenix and Harbinger hovered high above London, occasionally darting towards one another in a cosmic game of chicken--strikes and counterstrikes as the air itself thickened and thinned and crackled from the energy. A wave of destruction echoed out from them, and a trail of debris was scattered all around London town.

Their eyes glowing, they dash forward to eachother AGAIN, creating a burst of oppositely charged cosmic power, smashing in a shockwave in ALL possible dimensions.
Altamira Vazquez

Re: Miras in the Sky with Fire

Postby Daniel Uriel » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:17 pm

Daniel's defenses flared as he hung back a safe distance from the shockwave, which he used the damage from the building to guage, only to surge forward once he could, streaking around to flank Evil-Mira.
Current powers: Total Flaming Badass. Sometimes.
Daniel Uriel
XU Student

Postby Harbinger » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:21 pm

"What? Daniel?! No!"" the Phoenix called, in surprise, her attention drawn...

...which caused one of Harbinger's energy bolts to hit her square in the face, sending her spirling out of control, through a nearby buildng, and down through the street below.

"Impudent whelp!" Harbinger said, turning to deal with Daniel, her fists ready to deliver a crushing blow.
Harbinger

Postby Daniel Uriel » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:27 pm

"I've been called that enough today," Daniel growled, lashing out with a blast of his own as, entering the ambient energy of the fight, cosmic energy began to pulse through his being. "And you don't hurt her, bitch!"
Daniel Uriel
XU Student

Postby Harbinger » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:30 pm

"Cute trick. Won't work, though," she said, firing a blast of pure solar energy right into Daniel's face, and disappearing to reappear behind him again.
Harbinger

Postby Daniel Uriel » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:34 pm

The skull glowed, then the glow spread through all of Daniel's... er, skeleton. He shuddered as he spun, focusing another blast on her, never keeping stationary now. "That tickled," his voice taunted her. "Like a little sunburn." He focused on her, and the air around her, trying to focus both of the powers he'd gained onto it to draw out all the energy from it, aiming to create something of a heat-death effect around her.
Daniel Uriel
XU Student

Postby Harbinger » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:37 pm

"You think a mere mortal can steal the power cos...OOOF!" she said, being sent back a little bit by the fluctuating power around her.

"Clever boy. You've sure got me trapped now. Oh, the power of the power cosmic," she said, plainly.
Harbinger

Postby Daniel Uriel » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:43 pm

"I think I've been called 'mortal' enough for one day," he growled. What came next was a bit odd from his perspective. He obviously couldn't blast her, not when he was working this hard to keep her in an area of no energy, trying to drop the temperature in it to absolute zero. So instead, what looked like a blast of energy was actually him ripping away a blast of energy.
Daniel Uriel
XU Student

Postby Harbinger » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:47 pm

"Do you really think anything you're doing is going to work?" she asked, glowing a bright pink, and sending waves and waves of heat out to directly counter his actions. "I just killed the Phoenix. I'm just about to double back and kill the Morrigan. What do YOU have to stop me, little thief?"
Harbinger

Postby Daniel Uriel » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:08 pm

"The fact that so far you're doing exactly what I expected you to?" he offered, trying to make the draining keep pace with the energy output she was giving out. And obviously I won't say 'you can't kill the Phoenix' and ruin the surprise for her. So I'm just going to take it on faith that that's true, okay?. "Oh, and the fact that ever since I got within ten feet of you, I've been mainlining the General's power AND yours?"
Daniel Uriel
XU Student

Postby Harbinger » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:20 pm

"Is that what you think? Why, go ahead. Show me 'my power'," she said, standing there.
Harbinger

Postby Daniel Uriel » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:23 pm

Daniel glared at her. That was one of the constant, irritating things he heard, being a power-mimic. All the taunts that he couldn't do anything with the power, that he was still useless.

Fortunately, he trained just for that.

He lashed out with the power, this time tearing in opposite directions with the Harbinger's power, like a subatomic ripsaw was lashing through the increasingly-energy-free area around her.
Daniel Uriel
XU Student

Postby Harbinger » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:29 pm

The force, the sheer energy, buckled space, and send waves and waves of pressure forward, sparks and energy and destruction.

Harbinger grit her teeth as she was pushed back, back, back, back...

Her hair was singed. Her uniform, damaged. But she stood there, not withstanding.

"Wh...when are you going to start?" she managed to smirk out between labored breaths.
Harbinger

Postby Daniel Uriel » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:32 pm

"I didn't start this, you did," he growled, focusing his new power into a tight beam to drill through her forehead. Well, Danny-boy, you've had a good run...
Daniel Uriel
XU Student

Postby Harbinger » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:43 pm

"Let me tell you something" she said, grunting with effort against the beam, but slowly,slowly pushing it backwards. ""You can steal a bit of my power...but you are just a man. Just a weak, pointless mortal.

Bow before your goddess,"
she said, unleashing a horrendous torrent of energy, pointed straight down, atop Daniel.
Harbinger

Postby Daniel Uriel » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:06 am

Daniel let out a cry of defiance, trying to deflect the beam, block it, escape it, anything... but it was too much. The energy washed over him drowning out the cry... and in the end the only sound that was left when she stopped was the clatter of bones hitting the roof beneath them.
Daniel Uriel
XU Student

Postby Altamira Vazquez » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:27 am

"NO!" came the cry...

And a figure, dressed in all red shot up, slamming into the Harbinger at maximum speed, and they went up, and up, and up...
Altamira Vazquez

Postby Janice Gilbertson » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:57 pm

Captain Britain came up through the hole in the roof, looking about...
Janice Gilbertson

Postby Daniel Uriel » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:09 pm

Regardless of wherever the Miras had gone, the only thing that Janice would find on the rooftop was the scattered bones of a skeleton.
Daniel Uriel
XU Student

Postby Janice Gilbertson » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:10 pm

"I... I can't see him!" She called down below.

"I hope that's not..."
Janice Gilbertson

Return to Beyond